ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Transfer guard Ace Baldwin set to decide tomorrow

Richie O

Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
www.pennstate.rivals.com
VCU transfer guard Ace Baldwin is all set to make his decision tomorrow morning, with Penn State being the heavy front runner here.

Baldwin was the A-10 Player of the Year and A-10 Defensive Player of the Year this past season. He averaged 12.7ppg, 2.9rpg, 5.8apg and 2.2spg. He currently ranks as the No. 24 overall player in the portal per Rivals.

VCU transfer guard Ace Baldwin is all set to make his decision tomorrow morning, with Penn State being the heavy front runner here.

Baldwin was the A-10 Player of the Year and A-10 Defensive Player of the Year this past season. He averaged 12.7ppg, 2.9rpg, 5.8apg and 2.2spg. He currently ranks as the No. 24 overall player in the portal per Rivals.

How much eligibility remains?

This seems like the new way of the world.

Kid could stick w his coach, move up to a power conference OR take his talents to South Beach ( well Coral Gables), plug into a team with a more proven coach that has made Great 8/Final 4 the last 2 years and make Mo $$$ Money.

Tough choice....I'd likely wrestle w decision too. In my opinion this doesn't favor us.

Look at the Vin Lith girl from Louisville bolting...most likely for greater NIL. She has been a starter since Day 1 on a strong team. Heading closer to her WA home coukd be part of it...but Miami or UCLA may be the Marketing favorites.

On the other hand former PSU commit Justin McKoy just transferred to Hawaii after dumping us for the Hoos for 2 years, then "coming home" to Carolina for 2 more. Bit role player on some great teams...who now is gonna literally ride off into the sunset and probably get some NIL $ to be a Rainbow Warrior. But would he have played more basketball had he stuck w us and be closer to maximizing his potential? While he was a Pat commit...and could've transferred out before Shrew...my gut is likely YES.

So be it....lotsa moving parts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT