ADVERTISEMENT

Football The Beaver Stadium Tunnel Club

If there was tickets and parking, it wouldn't be nuts.
but, by looking at it, it seems like it is just some sort of weird underground room with a bar and restrooms.
I don't get it.

Reactions: psu1969a and psuno1
If there was tickets and parking, it wouldn't be nuts.
but, by looking at it, it seems like it is just some sort of weird underground room with a bar and restrooms.
I don't get it.
Just add a few pole dancers, and whoever came up with this idea may have a winner. Otherwise it’s just going underground for a few drinks and a cleaner place to take a piss.

Some people really don’t read and comprehend very well.

“For $10,000 annually, folks will gain four passes per event and can rent the club for private events throughout the year, too.”

So if you split it with 3 of your buds, it’s now $2500 each. For what would be considered premium access, it’s not that bad of a deal.

And for what it’s worth, I don’t think the yocals sitting in the nose bleeds are their target audience. It’s probably not that big a deal to get to your lower level seat’s after the team walks thru. So instead of sitting in your seats for an hour prior to kickoff, you can chill at a Penn State themed bar with your buds or clients and enjoy yourself. Win win if you ask me.

“For $10,000 annually, folks will gain four passes per event and can rent the club for private events throughout the year, too.”

So if you split it with 3 of your buds, it’s now $2500 each. For what would be considered premium access, it’s not that bad of a deal.

And for what it’s worth, I don’t think the yocals sitting in the nose bleeds are their target audience. It’s probably not that big a deal to get to your lower level seat’s after the team walks thru. So instead of sitting in your seats for an hour prior to kickoff, you can chill at a Penn State themed bar with your buds or clients and enjoy yourself. Win win if you ask me.
CLIENTS was the key word to me in your post...I assumed this is meant more for wining and dining, rubbing elbows with other big wigs, etc. It's not meant for Joe-fan.

My only concern would be taking away those concession stands right by the student section that are already packed...but assume they'll need to address by adding more stands somewhere else within a close proximity.

Reactions: step.eng69

This assumes you don't want to tailgate in nice weather for about $1,400 a year $200 times 7 games. You are right if you split this with a bunch of people then it can be a good deal. If you go solo it is not a great value, imo, but depends how much dispossble income you have. Their target are the high rollers where $10K is not much.

Reactions: republion
CLIENTS was the key word to me in your post...I assumed this is meant more for wining and dining, rubbing elbows with other big wigs, etc. It's not meant for Joe-fan.
Agreed. Or the fans that have more disposable income. Either way, I’m not sure why this would upset anyone.

My only concern would be taking away those concession stands right by the student section that are already packed...but assume they'll need to address by adding more stands somewhere else within a close proximity.
So it becomes a tax deduction ? Business expense? Yeah, sounds fair.

Everything upsets someone and everyone feels empowered to share their upset on the internet these days.
Does that include people who are upset that other people are upset about something? ;)

Some may find it worthwhile. Others will think it’s a waste of money. To each their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: RickinDayton

So you're saying no one who buys in was a Joe-fan?

Reactions: PSU_Nut

I'm sharing another poster's thoughts

"PSU has had a "Tunnel Club" for decades - that didn't cost a nickle.

Any fan who wanted to could line up along the walkway into the stadium to watch/cheer on the squad as they entered the field.
Now, part of that will be closed off with structures on either side - so that only certain folks (those paying $10,000) can do so (through an observation window).

FWIW: That also means that that area of the lower concourse (underneath the student seating areas) rather than being blocked off to through traffic for a few minutes as the team enters/leaves the field will now be blocked off permanently - thus created even more congestion issues with regard to "circulation" (circulation seems to be the new overly obtuse term for access and mobility).
Also FWIW: IMPROVING access, especially in the student section areas, was one of the great benefits touted as part of the renovations. Does that seem incongruent to anyone?"

My disappointment is limiting the alumni, fans & kids the chance to cheer the team as the pass thru the tunnel. Guess the cheering could be piped in by load speakers!!

Any fan who wanted to could line up along the walkway into the stadium to watch/cheer on the squad as they entered the field.
Now, part of that will be closed off with structures on either side - so that only certain folks (those paying $10,000) can do so (through an observation window).

FWIW: That also means that that area of the lower concourse (underneath the student seating areas) rather than being blocked off to through traffic for a few minutes as the team enters/leaves the field will now be blocked off permanently - thus created even more congestion issues with regard to "circulation" (circulation seems to be the new overly obtuse term for access and mobility).
Also FWIW: IMPROVING access, especially in the student section areas, was one of the great benefits touted as part of the renovations. Does that seem incongruent to anyone?"

My disappointment is limiting the alumni, fans & kids the chance to cheer the team as the pass thru the tunnel. Guess the cheering could be piped in by load speakers!!

From the drawings, the concession stands are the biggest thing getting moved to make way for this…there will still be public access at the tunnel.

Tell them to go yell at a cloud.

It doesn't change that at all. There will still be a walk way through and that is not changing. This will be in the storage/pre game area that was used by the blue band. Part of it is being built into a lounge.

Just add a few pole dancers, and whoever came up with this idea may have a winner. Otherwise it’s just going underground for a few drinks and a cleaner place to take a piss.
It’s a man cave concept Krafty is working on. But why would you want to holed up in the bowls of the Beav just see the the players walk by. Honestly you’re nuts if you pay for it…But Krafty is all about monetizing the Beav. It’s Beer, Bricks, Tunnel, etc.. what’s next? NASCAR headsets to listen to the sidelines? Run out on the field with the boys?

It’s a man cave concept Krafty is working on. But why would you want to holed up in the bowls of the Beav just see the the players walk by. Honestly you’re nuts if you pay for it…But Krafty is all about monetizing the Beav. It’s Beer, Bricks, Tunnel, etc.. what’s next? NASCAR headsets to listen to the sidelines? Run out on the field with the boys?
Yeah, run out on the field with the boys! For just $12,000 a year you and one other person of your choosing can run out at 3 home games. Jersey rentals $25 per person per game. Spikes rental $40 per game. Optional shower with the boys after the game ....... oops ......bad idea.

How many more money grabs can they think up?

• Haha
Reactions: step.eng69
Yeah, run out on the field with the boys! For just $12,000 a year you and one other person of your choosing can run out at 3 home games. Jersey rentals $25 per person per game. Spikes rental $40 per game. Optional shower with the boys after the game ....... oops ......bad idea.

Any chance concepts like this help offset the cost of tickets in the future? Probably not but who knows.

Honestly, this seems like a bargain if you are an aging RV tailgate person. 10k for 4 passes to all home games. Open bar and complimentary food and snacks. You could replace your RV tailgating with this. RV parking passes are at least $200/game. Buying an RV is minimum 40k plus fuel, maintenance, storage etc. I wonder how long before game starts and ends you can access it.

Would you rather them just constantly raise ticket prices and/or donation requirements? No one is forcing you to buy any of this? Honestly how does changing a storage area to a bar effect your enjoyment of the game? Would you prefer the approach of the previous athletic directors and do nothing creative, then roll out a drastic price increase that end with a significant decrease in season ticket holder?

It been highly popular in many other stadiums. You don't this is an original idea do you?

When hasn't beaver stadium not be monetized? It started with Joe and blocking his own eastern conference because he refused to share ticket revenue in football yet wanted it in basketball. Penn State has always been monetizing Beaver Stadium. I don't understand why people think this is new. Have you been in a coma and missed the STEP debacle rolled out by an inept athletic department who waited to long to tap into things like this. All they knew how to do was raise ticket prices and add seats.

People paying that kind of money aren't going to tolerate any sort of difficulty or time constraints in getting back and forth to/from their seats. The rich people that will buy these aren't going to tolerate even minor inconveniences given the lifestyle they are accustomed to or are paying for in this case. Most field clubs that players walk through generally have seats really close by, in my experience, making this a non issue. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new seating reservation area for this. If that isn't possible given other seating conflicts (students, band, renewing season ticket holders), I imagine these club users will get some sort of special access to get around the stadium quickly, or will have a "host" to help whisk them through the crowds somehow. Most people interested in this probably already have club seats or something with private elevator access already.

Any chance concepts like this help offset the cost of tickets in the future? Probably not but who knows.
Not a chance. Why cut into their profit margins? This is a money grab. Why help out the ticket buyers. This has as much of a chance as them reducing the exorbitant parking fees.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT