ADVERTISEMENT

The Adventures Of Bourbon

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Well this week has seen my son mull over three jobs and our first granddaughter , well soon.

My wife is at the hospital with her now but no news yet. I'm at home with Dexter, our 8.5 lb attitude and Snuggie machine. It's a strange day because I have to go into work and clear out the schedule and then get home for the dog and wait.

Now, my son is working in an aerospace company in Austin, Texas. He absolutely loves it there but these guys are a little bit underpaid. I guess it's common in the aerospace industry because he mentioned SpaceX is known for overworking and underpaying people.

His current company, which is not space ex by the way, knew he was looking and they offered him a promotion and a 40% pay increase and increased stock options An outfit in Florida offered him a 60% pay increase, work from home 3 out of four weeks in the month and some stock options.

The company is a luxury space travel outfit. Well, it was a nice offer. He came down to staying at his old place and the heavy hitter. This company is one of the largest companies in the world right up there with Alibaba, an Apple computer, and they and they haveWell, it was a nice offer. He came down to staying at his old place and the heavy hitter. This company is one of the largest companies in the world right up there with Alibaba and Apple computer, and they have their own space division.

Well, they came in with an offer that doubled his salary, stock, options, Andrea, opportunity to work with some of the best engineers out there. He said that this was the final destination for many and the highest paying company for mechanical engineers.

We talked about this for about two hours yesterday, and I really thought he was going to stay in Austin. There's almost nothing he dislikes about the area. They have a lively music scene which he really enjoys along with actual comedy clubs, and the weather is great about nine or 10 months out of the year.

He'll be moving to the Seattle area where the weather is not great nine or 10 months out of the year lol. And to me I thought he was going to stay put because he's involved in the community through his church and had the opportunity to do some volunteer work at this place called valor, education. There's some charter schools out of Austin that use the great books curriculum to teach.

He does have some great friends out there and the opportunity is incredible , so he'll be ok.

Now this pesky granddaughter needs ti arrive because I know next to nothing other than not yet. 🙂.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News