ADVERTISEMENT

Terps giving Michigan game

Interesting take--good take. I just don't like Michigan lol
Plus I want Georgia to 3-peat now that we're out. Kirby Smart is by far the best coach right now--no offense to Saban
Sure. To be clear I don't want UM to win the championship. Making the playoff will be sufficient to keep this in the news cycle and relevant through the new Year and compromise the competition, this forcing the NCAA to make an example of TTUN.

Oh I agree with you...they did basically nothing but people keep telling me I'm wrong about that.
It was definitely nothing. The B1G was in a bad spot. 13 schools were demanding immediate action and UM was threatening legal action of they did something. The B1G needed to do "something" in season but also something weak enough that UM would just accept. The NCAA will have final adjudication.

Reactions: LandoComando
If it's about sign stealing why didn't we play better against them then?
Did we not change our signals or what?
It’s not all about sign stealing, but it’s more than a Lagniappe in their favor so to speak. Like I said, I think if their little system had still been in place I’m thinking they win by far more than 9 points.

They will face a very fired up Buckeye team next week. I will be very interested in watching that and hope MHjr has a huge game

Reactions: dailybuck777
It’s not all about sign stealing, but it’s more than a Lagniappe in their favor so to speak. Like I said, I think if their little system had still been in place I’m thinking they win by far more than 9 points.

They will face a very fired up Buckeye team next week. I will be very interested in watching that and hope MHjr has a huge game
Maybe but maybe not. Again, their cake schedule makes it tough to speculate on how good they are and, we know this, when you play the only two good teams in your schedule close together the game(s) between them this happens. I'm not saying they didn't cheat but this game as a lot of things that lined up to be close.

I agree--I hope Ohio State wins. Harrison is arguably the best player in college football (Bowers) and I hope they win. Although, the argument that if Michigan is in the playoff it keeps everything in the media is a good one I hadn't considered but I'd still rather see them lose.

Maybe but maybe not. Again, their cake schedule makes it tough to speculate on how good they are and, we know this, when you play the only two good teams in your schedule close together the game(s) between them this happens. I'm not saying they didn't cheat but this game as a lot of things that lined up to be close.

I agree--I hope Ohio State wins. Harrison is arguably the best player in college football (Bowers) and I hope they win. Although, the argument that if Michigan is in the playoff it keeps everything in the media is a good one I hadn't considered but I'd still rather see them lose.
I hear ya - and others about Harrison (and Henderson, Egbuka) but I feel the strength of this OSU team is that defense - and that sounds strange. Might be their best in the last 10 to 15 years. In the past, I've considered the OSU teams under Day as all glitter and no substance as no lead was safe for them. Not this year and that's the reason I think they take down Michigan

Reactions: LandoComando
Why is this previously dominant UM team all of a sudden struggling
JJ threw 3 interceptions against BG when he didn't have the benefit of Michigan cheating. 2 pick six interceptions against TCU. Went 7 for 8 against PSU for 60 yards. Went 12 for 23 for 140 yards with a big interception in the red zone against Maryland. Good evidence that he benefited from the Michigan cheating scheme.

Might be their best in the last 10 to 15 years.
Nowhere near their best team. 2019 team had a very good defense and good offense with a great qb. A bad scoop and score call disallowing an OSU TD hurt them against Clemson. Kyle McCord is a good passer but a statute in the pocket. Nothing compared to Justin Fields. Had 7 players drafted in the first three rounds, not including the young 3 receivers who went no. 1 several years later. Chase Young, Jeff Okudah and Damon Arnette went in the first round. 11 players first or second team all Big Ten.

Reactions: bison13
This just proves how inept Franklin is as an in game decision maker. Even against Rutgers instead of kicking a field goal on fourth and one and going up 7, he goes and they get stopped and turns the ball over basically. It didn't matter against out classed Rutgers, but could have lost the game against a better opponent.

Reactions: KCLion and johnmpsu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT