ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee had no aswer to stop EdyEdy.

And last year he only got to the line 200+ times, so he suddenly started getting fouled? I’m obviously not the only person who sees him this way, is he even going to get drafted in the first round? 7’4 and a likely second round pick….yeah, that says a lot.
That tells me that he's improved a lot, and one of those areas that he's improved on is getting to the line a lot more.

Why would his NBA draft position say anything? Different games that value different skill sets.

You seem to think that since he's 7'4", it should be a given that he's this good. Why didn't Taco Fall or Kenny George win 3 National Player of the Year awards at their height? Why are the 7'5" guys this season not nearly as good as Edey?

Would he be player of the year if he were 6’6 or 6’8?
Would Tiger Woods have won all those tournaments if he drove it 250 instead of 320? Doesn't matter, because he did drive it 320. Just like it doesn't matter here, because Edey is 7'4".

Would Tiger Woods have won all those tournaments if he drove it 250 instead of 320? Doesn't matter, because he did drive it 320. Just like it doesn't matter here, because Edey is 7'4".
Apples and oranges. Tiger had an advantage because of his skill, Edey has an advantage because of his size.

That tells me that he's improved a lot, and one of those areas that he's improved on is getting to the line a lot more.

Why would his NBA draft position say anything? Different games that value different skill sets.

You seem to think that since he's 7'4", it should be a given that he's this good. Why didn't Taco Fall or Kenny George win 3 National Player of the Year awards at their height? Why are the 7'5" guys this season not nearly as good as Edey?
I don’t think he should be good because he’s 7’4, I think he is good only because he’s 7’4. An average amount of talent combined with huge size will make someone good…huge size with no talent won’t make anyone good. Obviously, you think he’s great and I think he’s good….everyone can have their own opinion.

Would he be player of the year if he were 6’6 or 6’8?
No idea. There’s been a lot of big guys who sucked. Give the man some props. He’s a great college player and has improved every year plus two time player of the year

No idea. There’s been a lot of big guys who sucked. Give the man some props. He’s a great college player and has improved every year plus two time player of the year
I never said he wasn’t a good player, but he does get a lot of calls and rarely has a foul called against him. When you’re 7’4, can camp out underneath the basket without getting a three second call, and go to the foul line more than almost any player in history, you will be productive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT