ADVERTISEMENT

Sunny Abe moves to North Allegheny

I get that Lakewood St. Edwards, located in metro Cleveland, can be a magnet for wrestling (and other sports) talent, but St. Paris Graham is an amazing story. All one has to do is map it and see where the town is relative to large metro areas, as well as the population of the town itself.

Amazing thing that coach Jordan has going there.

I am surprised. He had the stuff to make Central Catholic another Paris Grahm or St Edwards. I bet it had more to do with money than anything.

Probably a LOT more due to the fact that North Allegheny has a long-running youth wrestling program to feed into the HS program.

Reactions: papride1
After reading the article my thought was it had to do ith the fact that Central Catholic lacked in history and feeder programs. Wrestling has been a big deal at North Penn for a long time!

After reading the article my thought was it had to do ith the fact that Central Catholic lacked in history and feeder programs. Wrestling has been a big deal at North Penn for a long time!

Facts: in no particular order
sunny never won a wpial playoff match
Pcc has plenty of money for staff
Pcc big problems getting kids to field competitive teams
Sunny lives in NA school district
NA has fantastic youth feeder program
NA has great tradition and high expectations

I personally don't think this decision was all about the Benjamin's.....it's more about titles and championship s

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT