ADVERTISEMENT

So how much will we see…

NittanyChris

Dec 3, 2001
Singleton and Allen on the field at the same time?

I’m thinking we see a lot of this as well as two TE packages. This will allow Allar to ease in to his starting role utilizing simple, shorter passes to RBs and TEs and give the WRs time to click. I could see a 75-25 run to pass ratio early on.

Thoughts?

I agree with @marshall23 . Not a lot. I think the formation is a bit limiting when we have so many good TEs where we can run or pass with them. I think there may be some gimmick plays where we can do some cool wrinkles off the RPO (start one way, go the other) or do some shovel passes off of an RPO. I am so looking forward to this game and watching this offense.

I think a case could be made that Singleton and Allen are our 2 most talented skill players on the entire roster and the coaches will find a way to utilize their skills to the utmost and that includes 2 RB packages.

I think a case could be made that Singleton and Allen are our 2 most talented skill players on the entire roster and the coaches will find a way to utilize their skills to the utmost and that includes 2 RB packages.
yep. I can see PSU trying to look like we are going to run but pass it to one of the two. But I'd still have a TE or two and a single back in there. Seems gimmicky but they pay the coaches a lot of money to be smarter than me.

With Potts around, I think there would be more wiliness to use both of those backs together (obviously the more any individual player plays the greater chance of injury).

How much they get used together is probably going to depend a lot more on their ability to block (especially as a lead blocker for the fellow RB, but also pass protection when needed) and their ability to catch passes than on their running skills. If either or both have made big strides in one or both of those skills, then I would think the coaches would be more inclined to use them together.

yep. I can see PSU trying to look like we are going to run but pass it to one of the two. But I'd still have a TE or two and a single back in there. Seems gimmicky but they pay the coaches a lot of money to be smarter than me.
I expect more 2 TE formations than 2 RB. In the Rose Boeith it. wl they ran a play with 2 TE and 2RB and scored . When you have big guns, shoot them, shoot them a lot.

Singleton and Allen on the field at the same time?

I’m thinking we see a lot of this as well as two TE packages. This will allow Allar to ease in to his starting role utilizing simple, shorter passes to RBs and TEs and give the WRs time to click. I could see a 75-25 run to pass ratio early on.

Thoughts?
Chris, if it isn't needed to win we might not see it with two B1G games coming up in September. No reason the give ILLINOIS film on that set and the options out if it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT