ADVERTISEMENT

Snowballs in my freezer.

fairgambit

Aug 20, 2010
I have a freezer in my basement and, for better or worse, I seldom look inside. My wife has a system and she dates food and puts it in there, rotating it so nothing stays too long. Anyway, tonight, she was having supper at her aunt's house, so I went to the freezer to find a pizza or something I could make. I'm rooting around and I come across this big bag in which I find about 25 snowballs. Not the eating type, the throwing type. When my wife gets home I ask her what's up with the snowballs in the freezer, and she tells me she thought it would be fun to throw them around on the 4th of July. I can't disagree with that but it might be more fun to throw them at the Michigan game. She said there might be snow for Michigan anyway, and that may be true, but it got me to thinking about future games. How neat would it be if everyone saved a few snowballs in their freezer for the 2017 Pitt home game. Getting them in the stadium might be an issue, so it might be they could just be used at tailgates that day. Snowball fights outside Beaver Stadium in September. Now, that would be a true whiteout. :)

Reactions: psu00
My cousin was born on July 4th and my aunt and uncle saved snowballs for his parties a number of times. Throwing snowballs in 90+ degree weather is a bit odd, but a ton of fun!

I did that once while in the dorms. Several people on our floor made a few snow balls and put them in the freezer, and then somewhere in late April / early May, we had an impromptu snow ball fight. Those frozen balls were really painful though when you got hit.

Course now that I think about it, we were running around in shorts and tshirts, no fully buttoned up in layers.

The snowballs didn't turn into big blocks of ice? You either have a really good freezer or your wife has impeccable snowball-saving skills. Maybe both.

I have a freezer in my basement and, for better or worse, I seldom look inside. My wife has a system and she dates food and puts it in there, rotating it so nothing stays too long. Anyway, tonight, she was having supper at her aunt's house, so I went to the freezer to find a pizza or something I could make. I'm rooting around and I come across this big bag in which I find about 25 snowballs. Not the eating type, the throwing type. When my wife gets home I ask her what's up with the snowballs in the freezer, and she tells me she thought it would be fun to throw them around on the 4th of July. I can't disagree with that but it might be more fun to throw them at the Michigan game. She said there might be snow for Michigan anyway, and that may be true, but it got me to thinking about future games. How neat would it be if everyone saved a few snowballs in their freezer for the 2017 Pitt home game. Getting them in the stadium might be an issue, so it might be they could just be used at tailgates that day. Snowball fights outside Beaver Stadium in September. Now, that would be a true whiteout. :)

You are an idiot and should NEVER be allowed in any PSU venue.

Years ago I honeymooned in Aspen, CO and watched the 4th of July parade in downtown Aspen with fascination. A dump truck in the parade had gone up to Independence Pass and collected snow, and people in the bed of the truck started throwing snowballs at the crowds on the sidewalks.

I have heard that lawyers got involved and snowballs are no longer allowed. Now they throw water balloons at the crowds, and get pelted with water balloons from folks on the rooftops. Aspen, and for that matter Colorado, live in a different world than the one I occupy, much to my dismay.

I would imagine standing on the side of the road in the summer, with shorts and t-shirts and getting pelted with snowballs would not be fun. I wonder what City Councilman thought "hey, this is a good idea for our town".

ADVERTISEMENT