ADVERTISEMENT

Singleton & Allen in the passing game..,

NittanyChris

Dec 3, 2001
Given the question marks at WR and losing our two top guys in Washington and Tinsley, I fully expect Yurcich to get our incredibly talented young RBs much more involved in the passing game, getting them the ball in space frequently. That, combined with what I hope to be Theo’s emerging as the next great PSU TE, will give some much needed time for the WRs to get more comfortable and become a factor.

WE ARE!!!

Given the question marks at WR and losing our two top guys in Washington and Tinsley, I fully expect Yurcich to get our incredibly talented young RBs much more involved in the passing game, getting them the ball in space frequently. That, combined with what I hope to be Theo’s emerging as the next great PSU TE, will give some much needed time for the WRs to get more comfortable and become a factor.

WE ARE!!!
Time will tell. I'll take long!

I am probably less worried about the WRs than most. Last year‘s WRs as a group, was average at best. There was not a single explosive, difference maker in that group. They were solid contributors, but really just possession type receivers. The 2023 WRs will be better and faster.

You make a good point about getting the RB more involved in the passing game. Yurcich started to utilize Singleton more effectively (getting him in space) near the end of last season. That should continue this season.

Reactions: NittanyChris

WE ARE!!!

TE will be really big if Theo and Warren stay healthy. Was rewatching some game highlights from 2022 and Johnson really started to pop toward the end of the season, receiving and blocking. He was a big recruit, it's taken him a while to learn the position (which is typical) and he could have a Kyle Brady kind of year this year I think. If he really does what he's capable of he is going to make a lot of noise.

TE will be really big if Theo and Warren stay healthy. Was rewatching some game highlights from 2022 and Johnson really started to pop toward the end of the season, receiving and blocking. He was a big recruit, it's taken him a while to learn the position (which is typical) and he could have a Kyle Brady kind of year this year I think. If he really does what he's capable of he is going to make a lot of noise.
I'm hearing Dinkins is good and Rappleyea is CRAZY GOOD, like as in Friermuth good...

Every team has turnover on their roster and the better rosters replace players every year and sometimes end up better off. With the transfers McClain and Cephus, the maturing group of Harrison, Saunders, Evans, Wallace and Clifford, and the best TE's in the B10, I believe PSU will have the 2nd best receiving corps in the B10. If Allar can recognize blitzes and get the ball to Singleton and Allen in space it will be icing on the cake and should put defenses back on their heels somewhat.

Reactions: johnmpsu

WE ARE!!!
PSU has run a lot of WR screens in recent years but not so many traditional screens to the RBs.

WE ARE!!!
I just posted about this in another thread before seeing this, ha. Ive heard that yes, they have been working to get more involved in the passing game.

WE ARE!!!
Not so sure its because we have a weak WR room, but using as many passing weapons as you can will really put pressure on opposing defenses. Who and what do you take away?

Not so sure its because we have a weak WR room, but using as many passing weapons as you can will really put pressure on opposing defenses. Who and what do you take away?
Not that the WR room is weak per se, but probably needs some time to develop. Who would you rather have to tackle in the open field, N Singleton/K Allen or ANY of our WRs?

I'm hearing Dinkins is good and Rappleyea is CRAZY GOOD, like as in Friermuth good...
That's good news. Rappleyea had the spring to learn the offense.

I am still stunned by how well Friermuth played as a true freshman. It's one of the hardest positions on the team if not the hardest. Just unheard of. I don't expect to see that again in my lifetime but it's great if this kid is being compared with that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT