I.P. Freely
Jacques Strap
Dick Trickle

Reactions: dailybuck777
Some of the fraudulent submissions:

I.P. Freely
Jacques Strap
Dick Trickle

Dick Trickle was a real person. Former NASCAR driver, and short track legend, who was known to rip a cigarette while the race was under caution.

What I don’t get is if your Kirk Herbstreit or Desmond Howard aren’t you just a little bit curious on how you got an Emmy but were never told you are nominated or attended any function to receive it? It just came in the mail and you had no questions?

It’s been going on for 26 years and no one noticed or questioned it?

Dick Trickle was a real person.

Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

reminds me of how the Rock and Roll HoF got built in Cleveland. The term 'Rock & Roll" was coined by a DJ in Cleveland. At the time, 100.7 was one of the more progressive radio stations in the nation and it was led by the morning "Zoo" of "Jeff and Flash Buzzard Morning Zoo". WMMS was named "Radio Station of the Year" 9 years in a row by The Rolling Stone magazine ('79 ~ '87).

the powers that be decided to build a R&R HoF. Both Rolling Stone and USA Today had reader polls. The Rolling Stone one had the proviso that you had to buy that issue of Rolling Stone to submit your vote. WMMS bought thousands of Rolling Stone magazines and stuffed the ballot box. When the USA Today poll came out, they shamelessly advertised for people to stuff that poll. The other radio stations in the area chimed in. As a result, CLE won both polls by a very wide margin. Despite the notion that the HoF should be built in NY, SanFran, or LA they felt a lot of pressure. Some govt entities voted to pony up some money. The HoF committee capitulated and built it in CLE.

These are awards that celebrities give to each other because they don't already have enough attention, Emmy, golden globe, etc. It all means that they want the little people to watch them be celebrated even more mostly for reading lines.
We little people should be truly honored to sit down in front of our televisions and watch rich people give other rich people awards for doing their jobs. If we are lucky, they will also jam some politics down our throats while they are doing it.

What I don’t get is if your Kirk Herbstreit or Desmond Howard aren’t you just a little bit curious on how you got an Emmy but were never told you are nominated or attended any function to receive it? It just came in the mail and you had no questions?

It’s been going on for 26 years and no one noticed or questioned it?
It doesn't say they didn't know. It says there's no evidence that they knew. There's no evidence that Jim Harbaugh was aware of sign stealing, either. Desmond doesn't strike me as the most curious guy. Kirk maybe slightly more.

I also find it interesting that the organization is referred to as NATAS. Cleverly disguised proof that Satan is behind all television awards shows?

• Haha
Reactions: 91Joe95
It doesn't say they didn't know. It says there's no evidence that they knew. There's no evidence that Jim Harbaugh was aware of sign stealing, either. Desmond doesn't strike me as the most curious guy. Kirk maybe slightly more.

I also find it interesting that the organization is referred to as NATAS. Cleverly disguised proof that Satan is behind all television awards shows?
No evidence Harbaugh was aware of the sign stealing, eh? That’s why he was suspended huh?

No evidence Harbaugh was aware of the sign stealing, eh? That’s why he was suspended huh?
I mean there's no evidence disclosed to the public that he knew directly. He and Michigan decided to stop fighting when they saw what the Big Ten had.

Here is something really sleazy about the Emmies…… you can nominate yourself! All you have to is pay $255.

If your network or producers don’t nominate you you can submit your own. Seems like the Emmy is just huge money maker.

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT