ADVERTISEMENT

Say Good Night to the Bad Guy

bmw199

Apr 10, 2013
Based on a number of threads I've been seeing I think this is relevant.

So this new girl I started seeing, Bucknell grad, introduced me to her best friend, who also graduated from PSU. So obviously that was the first thing to come up. She asked if I was there when "everything happened". I said no that I graduated before all "that" (she graduated before I did so wasn't there either). I felt the need to then give my opinion and said "You know I'm starting to relish the role of the bad guy now. It no longer bothers me that people don't like us, they're not going to so fine I'll be the bad guy." She said "Oh, I agree. I have completely stopped trying to change peoples opinion. Haters gonna hate..." She then sang a bit of Shake It Off, because we were a bit tipsy and going into the T Swift concert.

The point is: this is the mentality I think we need to take. I don't care if you think it's a cult, it's the best freaking cult in the world. Every February we get together and try cure childhood cancer. Every fall we celebrate true student athletes with 107,000 of our best friends. Our football coaches name is on the library, not the stadium because it's what he cared about. If someone isn't willing to look at facts then we can't help them. Period. End of story. Hate me because I'm going to go out and do the right things and we're going to be successful in every way. If you don't like it you're an axe grinding buffoon and will be proven wrong in the long run. Until then I'll be the bad guy.

giphy.gif

WHOA!! You're admitting you went to a Taylor Swift concert?? Being around all those pre teen girls must have been excruciating.
:D

Reactions: jtd
I still wanna fight the power, but I also agree with this. Great post, bmw.

Seriously Taylor Swift? Ugh.
There is a distinct likelihood that seeing yourself as "the bad guy," and attending a Taylor Swift cannot be done in the same time and space.

The first raises questions regarding the banality of evil; the second highlights the evil of banality. It's like telling
me bin Laden was a Barry Manilow fan. Not exactly terrifying.:)

So this new girl I started seeing, Bucknell grad, introduced me to her best friend, who also graduated from PSU. So obviously that was the first thing to come up. She asked if I was there when "everything happened". I said no that I graduated before all "that" (she graduated before I did so wasn't there either). I felt the need to then give my opinion and said "You know I'm starting to relish the role of the bad guy now. It no longer bothers me that people don't like us, they're not going to so fine I'll be the bad guy." She said "Oh, I agree. I have completely stopped trying to change peoples opinion. Haters gonna hate..." She then sang a bit of Shake It Off, because we were a bit tipsy and going into the T Swift concert.

The point is: this is the mentality I think we need to take. I don't care if you think it's a cult, it's the best freaking cult in the world. Every February we get together and try cure childhood cancer. Every fall we celebrate true student athletes with 107,000 of our best friends. Our football coaches name is on the library, not the stadium because it's what he cared about. If someone isn't willing to look at facts then we can't help them. Period. End of story. Hate me because I'm going to go out and do the right things and we're going to be successful in every way. If you don't like it you're an axe grinding buffoon and will be proven wrong in the long run. Until then I'll be the bad guy.

Truth. I stopped getting mad about certain people who care way more about bitching than anything they are actually bitching about recently. The funny thing is that the people that try to tear everything apart without actually seeing what they are talking about are the BAD GUYS.

Reactions: Howie'81 and therod
When a sexy female asks you if you want to go with her to Taylor Swift you say yes. [I know this is flag worthy but there is 0 chance I'm posting a picture of a girl I'm seeing. Right after you all post pictures of your wives.]

Plus that girl can sing:

I attended country music bars with a woman I was seeing. That was bad enough, because as we all know - country music is a form of domestic terrorism. Taylor Swift is 10X worse.

By the way - did you have to check your balls at the front door of the concert arena for the show? And were you able to get them back when you left the venue?

Reactions: Ski

AMEN

I attended country music bars with a woman I was seeing. That was bad enough, because as we all know - country music is a form of domestic terrorism. Taylor Swift is 10X worse.

By the way - did you have to check your balls at the front door of the concert arena for the show? And were you able to get them back when you left the venue?
Now we got problems
And I don't think we can solve them
You made a really deep cut
And, 'ro, now we got bad blood

Now we got problems
And I don't think we can solve them
You made a really deep cut
And, 'ro, now we got bad blood
Whoa, 'ro! You got bad blood with a Taylor Swift fan! I sure hope your life insurance is paid up. I am really afraid he might say something mean about you on Facebook or Twitter.

Whoa, 'ro! You got bad blood with a Taylor Swift fan! I sure hope your life insurance is paid up. I am really afraid he might say something mean about you on Facebook or Twitter.
Ha it was a joke. They're lyrics. Come on dem don't be a old fart here. I know it's been a long time since you got the chance to go out with a fine a young lady, but you gotta put the work in. And it was a great night.

Ha it was a joke. They're lyrics. Come on dem don't be a old fart here. I know it's been a long time since you got the chance to go out with a fine a young lady, but you gotta put the work in. And it was a great night.

Really? So you were kidding all along? Well, I'll be damned. wow.

There was seriously nothing to take that serious in this thread except for bmw putting the effort in to land a hottie(good job, btw).

You are going to the Taylor Swift concert and have a "girlfriend"? Hmmm

So who's hotter...your Bucknell date or her best friend? Pictures would be of great assistance to the board in helping make this determination, but if you're unwilling to do so, your self-assessment on a 10 pt scale would suffice for at least getting the conversation started.

It sounds like you might have more in common with her friend.

So who's hotter...your Bucknell date or her best friend? Pictures would be of great assistance to the board in helping make this determination, but if you're unwilling to do so, your self-assessment on a 10 pt scale would suffice for at least getting the conversation started.

It sounds like you might have more in common with her friend.
I don't where this is going with this girl but I'll be damned if there is going to be a record anywhere ever where I rate her less than a 10. See that's thinking ahead boys... To clarify though my date is hotter.

Her PSU friend is a solid 8. She seems higher on the crazy scale though. I've spent most of my dating life in the Danger Zone of the hot/crazy matrix so the lower level of crazy the better at the moment.

Reactions: step.eng69
Does anyone realize that Taylor Swift was raised in Wyomissing, PA (suburb of Reading, PA) until moving to Nashville, TN when she was 14. Pennsylvania girl at heart, can't be all bad......
Full disclosure: I went to Wyo with her... My sister through a friend actually sat in her personal seats at the Saturday show in Philly.

Does anyone realize that Taylor Swift was raised in Wyomissing, PA (suburb of Reading, PA) until moving to Nashville, TN when she was 14. Pennsylvania girl at heart, can't be all bad......

Taylor is awesome and I would absolutely go to her concert. She does, however, need someone to send her a new sweatshirt. The ones she gets from her brother are awful.

303231-taylor-swift-takes-pictures-with-families-taking-photos-49e4e.jpg

Yeah and she does a lot of great thing things outside of her music. She has made a lot of really unfortunate kids the happiest kids.

Yeah and she does a lot of great thing things outside of her music. She has made a lot of really unfortunate kids the happiest kids.

Not only that, but she's probably the only person in the music industry who could do what she did to Apple and get away with it.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT