ADVERTISEMENT

Sandy Barbour will be our guest speaker at the Williamsport Nittany Lion Booster Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDLion

Dec 18, 2006
Wednesday June 24 at 7;30 PM at the Genetti Hotel Terrace Ballroom. Guests are welcome, new members are also welcome.

Wednesday June 24 at 7;30 PM at the Genetti Hotel Terrace Ballroom. Guests are welcome, new members are also welcome.

Are you trying to get her to join, because it would be really nice for our AD to actually become a Nittany Lion booster.

Reactions: john4psu
Are you trying to get her to join, because it would be really nice for our AD to actually become a Nittany Lion booster.
You will have to ask the guy that gave Franklin the stuffed lion. He is also the one who arranges our speakers.

Give Sandy our best!!!!
sandycandid276_zps82ce59bf.jpg

I'm surprised she's not giving her speech on Twitter. She is so masterful with that type of social interaction, after all.
Apparently the only thing that will make some of you guys happy is if she goes against Barron and the BOT and gets herself fired. Be careful what you wish for. Good chance the next AD would be a Surma/Corbett clone.

Reactions: Nitwit
I don't think it matters who is the AD, so long as the cabal remains in charge. She's in there because she's a hired gun that is too dumb to do any original thinking.

Reactions: SgtCarter
I don't think it matters who is the AD, so long as the cabal remains in charge. She's in there because she's a hired gun that is too dumb to do any original thinking.
She will be taking questions. Here's a chance to voice your concerns.

Any attire with rainbow colors and/or unicorns will be well-received. Meanwhile, our AD is taking names (of those who have the audacity to don a 409 decal) and tweeting with scUMmers .

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_60gvmxxi5o08owowc48g44kgc_640.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NapaNit
That would be classic if everyone in attendance was wearing a 409 shirt.

So what's the over/under on how long before she's asked when will Joe be honored? Which will, of course, bring the scripted response, "At the appropriate time...yada yada yada."

Reactions: fairgambit
Question for her:

Why do you constantly re-Tweet Joe's former players on Twitter, guys who fought like hell for the 409, yet believe the 409 reference is 'insensitive'?

Why are other organizations honoring Joe and PSU refuses to, even as they have no problem announcing this news on their website, almost as if they are only interested in exploiting the Paterno name when it benefits them?

You are in for an entertaining evening. Good speaker and will be good AD for PSU.

This thread is a perfect example of why the stereo type of a cult exist. The OP just informs people the AD will be a guest speaker and it turns into a complaint that she doesn't worship the dead guy.

You are in for an entertaining evening. Good speaker and will be good AD for PSU.
If you like listening to politicians, that is. The obvious game plan of the current administration, specifically Barron and Barbour, is to tell the alumni what they want to hear at gatherings such as this and then act and portray to the American public at large the polar opposite. Anyone who falls for this charade is a fool.

Reactions: SgtCarter
It's a Booster Club meeting. If I were going I'd want to hear about all the great student athletes that I enjoy following and supporting, and the great coaches and facilities as well. That is what I expect an AD to do when speaking to Boosters, and I'd much rather hear it from Barbour than from Joyner. I'm not quite sure why some posters on this board are critical of her. I like the fact that she is out there, tweeting, hugging coaches after big wins, going on speaking engagements. I'm not saying she is perfect, but times have changed, and the way people do their jobs, and the types of people who fill many jobs has changed too. Some Neanderthals need to get over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cruising Route 66
At the end of the day, she's a dumbshit. As I've said numerous times before. She is what she is, hired for all the wrong reasons, and none of that will ever change. It has nothing to do with the dead guy. She was never qualified for this job, period.

Sorry, he had nothing to do with Sandy's coming to Williamsport. Barry handled the final arrangements.
ILLINOISLION would throw out a great line in response, but I'm going to let it slide. Although I think Sandy is only marginally better than Joyner, she has had enough dirt shoveled on her today.
Emoticon_digging.gif

This thread is a perfect example of why the stereo type of a cult exist. The OP just informs people the AD will be a guest speaker and it turns into a complaint that she doesn't worship the dead guy.
You nailed it. It's the old " If they don't do what I want them to do then they are no good". There can be no middle ground, you are either a good guy or a bad guy. All coming from people who have in almost every case not had any experience in the kind of work they are so quick to critique. A name is mentioned and the defame fest starts.

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Nah, we're not as dumb as you think we are. We are perfectly able to think in terms of multiple issues, multiple conflicts, and multiple outcomes. We're just too smart to be told what we should think, and how we should react. Maybe you are happy to be told what your core beliefs should be. We aren't, and we're quite comfortable with that.

Nah, we're not as dumb as you think we are. We are perfectly able to think in terms of multiple issues, multiple conflicts, and multiple outcomes. We're just too smart to be told what we should think, and how we should react. Maybe you are happy to be told what your core beliefs should be. We aren't, and we're quite comfortable with that.
Who is telling anybody about core beliefs. Straw man alert.

Who is telling anybody about core beliefs. Straw man alert.

Ehhhh. I'm obviously late to the thread but while some posters don't like her (and, by the way, they are allowed to not like her for whatever reason whether others think it's 'neanderthal' or not)- most posts here have been joking sarcasm or pointing out prior statements etc. What we haven't heard was how the event went and a good summary from people that were there. Anyone attend the meeting?

Ehhhh. I'm obviously late to the thread but while some posters don't like her (and, by the way, they are allowed to not like her for whatever reason whether others think it's 'neanderthal' or not)- most posts here have been joking sarcasm or pointing out prior statements etc. What we haven't heard was how the event went and a good summary from people that were there. Anyone attend the meeting?
This HERE!

Please present her with a 409 T-Shirt as a token of appreciation for attending your event

You nailed it. It's the old " If they don't do what I want them to do then they are no good". There can be no middle ground, you are either a good guy or a bad guy. All coming from people who have in almost every case not had any experience in the kind of work they are so quick to critique. A name is mentioned and the defame fest starts.

Oh no, people are picking on our beloved admitted liars. Someone make it stop.

imgres

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
Frankly, she can talk about Joe or not because ultimately it's not her call on what PSU will do to honor him. However, she's been on the job for a year and I want to hear/see at least the outline of a tangible plan for the athletic department. Time for platitudes and cheerleading is over.

Frankly, she can talk about Joe or not because ultimately it's not her call on what PSU will do to honor him. However, she's been on the job for a year and I want to hear/see at least the outline of a tangible plan for the athletic department. Time for platitudes and cheerleading is over.

You're probably going to have to wait about six more months for something tangible.

http://www.gopsusports.com/genrel/061015aab.html

It's definitely good to have a strategy....

June 10, 2015

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -

Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics has launched a wide-ranging strategic planning project to help determine strategies and priorities for the period of 2016-2020 and beyond.

Penn State will engage a variety of constituencies during the strategic planning process, seeking initial feedback from a survey to be distributed this week that will assist in establishing priorities and objectives for the Nittany Lions' comprehensive and highly successful 31-sport program.

Penn State Athletics has partnered with The Napa Group to facilitate the strategic planning process, which will be aligned with the University's strategic planning that is underway.

"This is an important time as the University and Intercollegiate Athletics envision our future," stated Sandy Barbour, Director of Athletics. "The strategic planning process for the athletic department is a wonderful opportunity to galvanize our program and critical constituencies around a compelling and clear vision of success and a set of strategic goals for the next five years. We have designed an inclusive project with engagement activities that will encourage our many stakeholders to provide input and feedback on the strategic plan. At the end of the process, we will have developed a breathing, working, implementable plan that drives our future."

Barbour will appoint a steering committee to oversee the process and maintain frequent communication with The Napa Group throughout the process, which is expected to be complete by the end of 2015.

For updates on the strategic planning process and additional information, a special website will be launched by July 1: GoPSUsports.com/strategicplan.

Penn State Athletics supports approximately 800 student-athletes, who have captured 74 national championships and 92 Big Ten titles, with an NCAA Graduation Success Rate of 89 percent and 186 Capital One/CoSIDA Academic All-Americans, the third-highest total among Division I programs.

The Napa Group is a strategy, leadership and organizational design firm based in Novato, Calif. Among the institutions The Napa Group has worked with are: California, Georgetown, Lehigh, Oregon State, St. Joseph's, Stanford, Tennessee, UCLA and William & Mary. Additional Napa Group partners include: Citibank, E*Trade, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Sea World and Time Warner, Inc.

I hope they seat a BLUE RIBBON PANEL to oversee the strategy.

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT