ADVERTISEMENT

Sanderson talks Caravan, previews PSU's upcoming lineup

I caught up with PSU wrestling head coach Cael Sanderson before the Coaches Caravan stops in Philadelphia and Langhorne Tuesday. We talked about the Caravan and the 2015-16 starting lineup, including possible weight changes. Read what he had to say at the link below.

LINK: Sanderson talks Caravan, upcoming lineup

Love that lineup. Had no idea Shak was 6-2 tall. Find it hard to see him at 165. He has the height to be a 184 or 197 pounder when Mac graduates. Should be a fine season and great match vs Ohio State. I don't see any team touching PSU or OSU. National Title will go to one or the other. Now PSU needs to recruit 125 and 133 big time. With the moves in the lineup, major holes are there at those 2 weight classes. Great article Tim.

There's an outside chance all the RS Fr who wrestled last year will be on the sidelines next year.

Cutch seems to be pretty safe at 184, but with Beitz, Nolf, Nickal and Rasheed looking to get in the line-up between 157 -184 who knows how it might shake out.

Mouse finished R12 last year and beat 3 AAs along the way (4 Stauffer, 7 Miklus, and 8 Dudley). He isn't getting benched to make room for Rasheed.

Long way out but where does Manville fit in? Projected at '65 where Nolf will probably be. Could be room at 74 for Nolf/ Manville if Nickal/ Rasheed grow out of it. But then you have two of Nickal, Rasheed, Mouse, Cassar on the bench if Manville is to wrestle his redshirt freshmen year.

I know a lot will play out yet and we don't know how good the young guys like Rasheed, Nickal and Cassar will be, how much Mouse will improve, etc., I just wonder how everyone is going to get mat time.

Nolf will NOT be on the bench, nor will Bo or Nevills barring injury. You can write that down.

The real question is whether Manville stays with PSU given the lineup and the /relative/ scarcity of scholarships. Also, Manville has really struggled by his standards in folk/free since announcing his commitment

Nolf will NOT be on the bench, nor will Bo or Nevills barring injury. You can write that down.

I don't think he meant any of those three, I think he meant the guys who were RSFR last season, meaning Moss, Law, and Hammond. Nolf, Nickels, and Neville were all TRFR last

ADVERTISEMENT