ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers spring game now showing on the BTW

We had about 16k which is far from scarce compared to most of the country. Combine that with a freezing night, mets/ Yankees and rangers playoff hockey and nobody is complaining. It was Friday because the BiG wanted it that way........Want the money you follow the rules.

We had about 16k which is far from scarce compared to most of the country. Combine that with a freezing night, mets/ Yankees and rangers playoff hockey and nobody is complaining. It was Friday because the BiG wanted it that way........Want the money you follow the rules.

16k is small by big ten standards, and consistent with your attendance last few years. That's why you were asked to go on Friday night.

Small? Last year it would have put us at 6 in the B1G and and top 25 nationally. No, we aren't OSU, Nebraska, or PSU and we never will be. We don't have the tradition and we have too much competition. As I said, beside the cold we had the Subway series and Rangers playoff hockey against us.

Last edited:
Crowd was small and gone by half time. Student and recent grad apathy is a big issue. Last year it was Saturday and they blamed "Rutgers Day" activities. We are talking about a college with 497,000 alumni who just are not that interested. It is what it is and that is not a big deal, except that the die hard's try to gloss it over because they now consider themselves B1G . They are small.

Reactions: h8ru and fairgambit
Crowd was small and gone by half time. Student and recent grad apathy is a big issue. Last year it was Saturday and they blamed "Rutgers Day" activities. We are talking about a college with 497,000 alumni who just are not that interested. It is what it is and that is not a big deal, except that the die hard's try to gloss it over because they now consider themselves B1G . They are small.
First year in the conference, top half for spring attendance, top20 or 25 in the country, finished above you in the standings, your most expensive ticket, and most likely your white out. Yup...small as they come.

First year in the conference, top half for spring attendance, top20 or 25 in the country, finished above you in the standings, your most expensive ticket, and most likely your white out. Yup...small as they come.

Awe, this is precious

It's ok....I know it eats you up inside. Cuse went through this as well with us......

There's no reason to get heated. Rutgers fans are great, absolutely diehards for their team. RU is in for a very long season. Replacing something crazy like 14 starters plus the fridge. I really hope there's a lot of buzz about this game and a ton of recruits there. Don't you realize that we are going to beat Rutgers by over 30? If this game is made out to be a big rivalry or whatever u want to call it, it's going to look fantastic when we roll over them and have Mcsorely in mid way through the 3rd quarter

There's no reason to get heated. Rutgers fans are great, absolutely diehards for their team. RU is in for a very long season. Replacing something crazy like 14 starters plus the fridge. I really hope there's a lot of buzz about this game and a ton of recruits there. Don't you realize that we are going to beat Rutgers by over 30? If this game is made out to be a big rivalry or whatever u want to call it, it's going to look fantastic when we roll over them and have Mcsorely in mid way through the 3rd quarter
This sounds exactly like we what you guys were saying last year. We were going to win 2 games, the B1G was going to regret adding us and nobody would watch. Yet, we win 8, win our bowl, have some of the highest rated games ever on BTN, which is why we were given three prime time slots this year. We aren't replacing 14 true starters either. You won't score 30 much less beat us by that.....you still have no O line.

This sounds exactly like we what you guys were saying last year. We were going to win 2 games, the B1G was going to regret adding us and nobody would watch. Yet, we win 8, win our bowl, have some of the highest rated games ever on BTN, which is why we were given three prime time slots this year. We aren't replacing 14 true starters either. You won't score 30 much less beat us by that.....you still have no O line.

Some of the highest rated games on BTN? Well, whoodie-do for you!

GO RUTGERS !!!

GO RUTGERS !!!
A Pitt guy cheering on Rutgers is funny. The Rutgers spring game turn-out was three or four times the number of people who skipped the opera in order to attend the Pitt spring game. Pitt also played in a 3,500 seat "stadium" which hosts games for soccer and womens' football. But hey, at least you can brag about that standing room only crowd.

A Pitt guy cheering on Rutgers is funny. The Rutgers spring game turn-out was three or four times the number of people who skipped the opera in order to attend the Pitt spring game. Pitt also played in a 3,500 seat "stadium" which hosts games for soccer and womens' football. But hey, at least you can brag about that standing room only crowd.
That was his attempt to troll. Pretty weak if you ask me.

Hey, at least some Rutgers fans have a pulse. (see Maryland) Kind of fun to here from them :) Rival?, not so much, but who knows what the future holds. Look, we HAVE one rival that is PITT. I do not see that changing for many years.
It appears, on paper, that Rutgers will not be very good this year. We, on the other hand can be. But that is ALL about the OL (I have no idea how good that will be). I really think Rutgers needs to hire a more dynamic "head coach" that can recruit. Hey maybe look south and bring up "Golden" ???

oh so the Cuse also have a 23-2 record against you?:rolleyes:
When I think of Rutgers football fans in general, I am reminded of the end of a line by Shakespeare in MacBeth. I admit taking it out of context, but to me it fits most Rutgers fans I have encountered here: "a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Hey folks let's just all calm down here and ask the real question. Coach flood, will you have that countdown clock to the penn state game again this year like you did last year? I remember him saying that this was the biggest game in their program history. If playing the most handicapped penn state team in its programs history was your biggest game in program history that doesn't say much of your program.

rutgersclock10.jpg

Last edited:
Hey folks let's just all calm down here and ask the real question. Coach flood, will you have that countdown clock to the penn state game again this year like you did last year? I remember him saying that this was the biggest game in their program history. If playing the most handicapped penn state team in its programs history was your biggest game in program history that doesn't say much of your program.

rutgersclock10.jpg
Genius they have that clock for every game......it was the"biggest game" because it was our first game in the B1G. It just happened to be against you. Just like your beloved white out will just happen to be against us this year.

If RU is the whiteout this year, it will be purely for recruiting purposes. Who says we have a whiteout every year? Save it for the truly big games. Personally, I would to see a road whiteout at Maryland.......

Genius they have that clock for every game......it was the"biggest game" because it was our first game in the B1G. It just happened to be against you. Just like your beloved white out will just happen to be against us this year.
Well at least for history's sake, your biggest game in program history went down as a loss to Penn State...I'm sorry..I mean TTFP. And speaking of geniuses, your coach is a class A buffoon....TTFP????? really? Did he get this from a third grader at Randolphville elementary in Piscataway? AS for the white out game this year, it very well may be against you. If it was up to the fans, I would think that most would prefer we not even have one this year if it meant we had to play it against Rutgers. Hell, I'm more concerned about Temple (all be it not too much) this year than I am Rutgers.

P.S. It's been 9,709 days since Rutgers won against Penn State. That's 26 years, 7 months, and one day. That is about how many people showed up for your spring game as well. Didn't coach Flood predict a record turnout?

Last edited:
Reactions: h8ru
I look at Rutgers and Pitt as teams I want to beat because their fans are such d-bags. Not a football rival really but you want to win for bragging rights. OSU, Nebraska, Michigan (who will be better soon) and Michigan State. Wisky are the teams that get me excited for what goes on on the field and the standings - we are not there but going in the direction hopefully to get back to that level and rutgers and pitt will just be temple and Eastern michigan. If the level of hatred and personal attacks on a fanbase were to make you a rival they would be but that is not the case - wanting to beat somone to shut them up hardly makes an on the field rival which is all that really matters t the end of the day.

Reactions: stneumann83
Why are you so obsessed with Rutgers?

Simple, Rutgers rocks
I look at Rutgers and Pitt as teams I want to beat because their fans are such d-bags. Not a football rival really but you want to win for bragging rights. OSU, Nebraska, Michigan (who will be better soon) and Michigan State. Wisky are the teams that get me excited for what goes on on the field and the standings - we are not there but going in the direction hopefully to get back to that level and rutgers and pitt will just be temple and Eastern michigan. If the level of hatred and personal attacks on a fanbase were to make you a rival they would be but that is not the case - wanting to beat somone to shut them up hardly makes an on the field rival which is all that really matters t the end of the day.

Pathetic group !!!!

I'm better then everyone.. Just ask me ! Simply pathetic !

GO RUTGERS !!!

Simple, Rutgers rocks

Pathetic group !!!!

I'm better then everyone.. Just ask me ! Simply pathetic !

GO RUTGERS !!!

This is the same jack weisal who got called out by a rutgers fan on his own board. hahahaha dude get a life

Arrogance or ignorance? That's the eternal question I ask myself when visiting this board.

I'll give you the answer.

When you are 23-2 against a team and feel they aren't your rival, it's called Arrogance

When you are 2-23 against a team and feel they are your rival, it's called Ignorance

Last edited:
Any game played before last year means nothing as far as what will happen Sept. 19.

It's a nice talking point but kicking RU's ass all over Giants Stadium 20 years ago will have zero impact on the players and coaches who will decide this year's game.

Any game played before last year means nothing as far as what will happen Sept. 19.

It's a nice talking point but kicking RU's ass all over Giants Stadium 20 years ago will have zero impact on the players and coaches who will decide this year's game.

And what exactly do you expect to happen on September 19? You're coming into one of the hardest places To play In America. You should expect nothing less than a good old-fashioned ass kicking

finished above you in the standings,

Yet we beat you at your house with 46 scholarship players. And, as much as you want to down play it, it was your biggest game of the year. And that's because we just took whatever recruit we wanted from you. Facts are hard to admit sometimes.....

Reactions: stneumann83
ADVERTISEMENT