ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Culture

Amazingly, they are worse off the field than they are on it. Isn't UCONN or Syracuse available? You know, worthy schools?

From the article:

"Dailey is the third Rutgers player to be arrested in the last year."

I am outraged. ru football should be shut down.

Check out alabama's trouble with the law the past year. A few weeks ago they had 3 players arrested in 4 days in separate incidents. It's been under the radar but Saban has to be pulling his hair out.

Last edited:
Also, if the B1G wanted to open itself up to the New York market, why didn't they go after a school from, you know..... New York? Syracuse is New York's team, as advertised all over Yankee stadium. New Jersey is good at producing talent for real football states to pick from. That's where it ends, though.

Reactions: fairgambit
Most Rutgers fans live in glass houses, yet they throw stones. I'm sure a couple will show up here and try to explain this away.

Reactions: Alphabets
Also, if the B1G wanted to open itself up to the New York market, why didn't they go after a school from, you know..... New York? Syracuse is New York's team, as advertised all over Yankee stadium. New Jersey is good at producing talent for real football states to pick from. That's where it ends, though.

But ru is Penn State's rival. You know, the B1G added ru and md to benefit Penn State. Now Penn State isn't on an island. The B1G loves Penn State. :rolleyes:

Hence one of the BIGGEST problems with College Football and BB, many of these kids do not belong in college. But, in order to compete at a "predetermined level" exceptions are made. This has gone on forever in Big Time college sports. I really do believe that most colleges and coaches would rather it be another way. If "ALL" played by the same rules. As of now, it's free for all!

Y8yWN.AuSt.69.jpeg

Mr. Dailey was committed to play football at Tulane University but flipped to Rutgers and did not play as a Freshman. He impressed Coach Flood at Spring practice last month and was listed as a starter this fall at corner back, with four years eligibility. Arrested by police on Sunday on a first degree felony charge of armed robbery, he is currently committed to a jail cell with a minimum of 10 years to life eligibility, if convicted. Wonder what his IQ and major course of study were? THUG rating was apparently top notch.

I only wish Flood would sign a lifetime contract with that inferior school. He's arguably been the best signing for every other school in the B1G, right behind Beckman.

Yeah, egging a dorm (Sickels, Wilkerson, Laurent, Smith) and accidentally breaking a window while trying to get into your locked dorm room (Lynch) are right up there with armed robbery.

Let's not forget the ru culture that caused a bullied gay student to commit suicide and a coach to get fired for mistreating his players. And, of course, let's not forget the ru culture that caused their president to apologize to Penn State after last year's football game. (Who won that game, by the way?)

Reactions: PSU1991
Haha, 2 1st time Rutgers posters!!

Two more Rutgers girls I can add to my list of cherries popped.

I'll say to you what I said to the rest..... "You're welcome. Now get out."

Reactions: stneumann83
Haha, 2 1st time Rutgers posters!!

Two more Rutgers girls I can add to my list of cherries popped.

I'll say to you what I said to the rest..... "You're welcome. Now get out."
Get out?! I just got here though :( I enjoy reading the delusion on this board too much to leave... "Joe did what the law says he had to do, so he shouldn't have done anything else" is my favorite line

Although the characterizations of the ru culture here are wholly accurate, the overarching ru culture is being inferior to Penn State and otherwise having no identity.

Reactions: stneumann83
In all honesty, rutgers has perhaps the worst fans in the big ten and nothing to back up their cockiness. They are supposedly so concerned about what happend involving Sandusky that they took time to make banners making fun of child rape. Their most significant victory in their history is a win over Louisville. Their best athlete in program history is ray rice, a man who beat his wife unconscious. And they welcome him back with open arms to their campus. Year in and year out new jerseys best athletes leave rutgers for any place other than Rutgers with a lot of them choosing to come to Penn state :). Everyone knows their athletic program sucks and they lived up to their reputation this year as they won 0 big ten titles. Yet with all these facts there still is a little silver lining to rutgers being in the Big Ten and that is more opportunities to take more talent out of New Jersey. If you don't believe me just look how penn state made out in New Jersey last year in recruiting. Then look how Rutgers made out in New Jersey.

In all honesty, rutgers has perhaps the worst fans in the big ten and nothing to back up their cockiness. They are supposedly so concerned about what happend involving Sandusky that they took time to make banners making fun of child rape. Their most significant victory in their history is a win over Louisville. Their best athlete in program history is ray rice, a man who beat his wife unconscious. And they welcome him back with open arms to their campus. Year in and year out new jerseys best athletes leave rutgers for any place other than Rutgers with a lot of them choosing to come to Penn state :). Everyone knows their athletic program sucks and they lived up to their reputation this year as they won 0 big ten titles. Yet with all these facts there still is a little silver lining to rutgers being in the Big Ten and that is more opportunities to take more talent out of New Jersey. If you don't believe me just look how penn state made out in New Jersey last year in recruiting. Then look how Rutgers made out in New Jersey.

All good points. It's also worth noting that ru athletic supporters believe that ru was admitted to the B1G because of ru. Yeah, that's why it happened.

I can't disagree. They have one of the most pathetic athletic programs in the country. In football, no major conference program has a worse history. Worst of all, no one outside New Jersey takes them seriously. It's sad, in a laughable sort of way.

Kid needs to go.

Hey, someone said glass houses. I have a cousin who is a proud PSU alum. She actually had her wedding on a Saturday on Labor Day weekend and everyone was watching the game at the reception. And that was the year the sanctions were handed down. But she and her husband told me they were upset by them but not angry because they knew JoePa had gotten away with a lot. So if RU has a culture problem, that means it was an epidemic at PSU. Look around the nation, this isn't the first time a college athlete got arrested.

And RU is only still in the beginning stages of heavily investing in their sports. Previous administrations were trying to focus more on academics to get into the Ivy League. But it would have had to give up its status as a land grant state school, which they declined. So they academics always there. It was only until Schiano that they decided to invest in football alone. So I'd say the jury is still out on them for a few more years.

I'll just leave these here ....
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970204443404577052073672561402
http://www.phillymag.com/news/2011/11/16/psu/

Rutgers does not have a culture problem. And if they're not your rival, why keep posting about them? Unless you're honestly worried about them, it doesn't make any sense to keep bringing them up.

hahahaha a Triponey disciple. gotta love it. tells me all I need to know about where your (lack of) brains are at . . .

Reactions: Hotshoe
College athletes get arrested, or otherwise into trouble, all the time. Rutgers is hardly the only school to have athletes getting arrested. Don't get all of the bashing them over something that is clearly not unique to them. Seems a bit gratuitous.

[QUOTE="JerseyShoreKnight, post: 178158, member:

"And RU is only still in the beginning stages of heavily investing in their sports."

Talk about delusional? It was Rutgers Faculty Senate that recently passed a bill forbidding school funding of athletic facilities! Coach Flood just received a raise and contract extension that was totally funded by a private donor. He then tried to hire said donor to the position of Recruiting Director. Thankfully someone had the sense to convince the donor to withdraw his name from consideration, since working for the guy whose salary you pay might just appear inappropriate. To make matters worse, the man had a resume void of any experience in recruiting. B1G Bluster is the reality but not heavy investing.

I'll just leave these here ....
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970204443404577052073672561402
http://www.phillymag.com/news/2011/11/16/psu/

Rutgers does not have a culture problem. And if they're not your rival, why keep posting about them? Unless you're honestly worried about them, it doesn't make any sense to keep bringing them up.

So is an opinion piece and Triponey garbage all you have? The opinion piece refers to shower rape, something even the most ignorant troll now knows didn't happen. There is no need to read any further. I suggest you google "The Vicky Triponey Timeline of terror" if you wish to educate yourself. Not only will you find the article linked below, but you will also find articles bashing the WSJ article you just linked.

http://safeguardoldstate.org/the-vicky-triponey-timeline-of-terror/

Why does captain of the football team keep making fun of the fat/ugly girl? Why keep talking about her? Unless you're honestly in love with her, it doesn't make any sense to keep bringing her up.

Now let me explain, Rutgers is the fat/ugly girl that is occasionally made fun of. It is extremely delusional of you to think that just because you are the butt of the occasional joke, that you matter.

Last edited:
Hey, someone said glass houses. I have a cousin who is a proud PSU alum. She actually had her wedding on a Saturday on Labor Day weekend and everyone was watching the game at the reception. And that was the year the sanctions were handed down. But she and her husband told me they were upset by them but not angry because they knew JoePa had gotten away with a lot. So if RU has a culture problem, that means it was an epidemic at PSU. Look around the nation, this isn't the first time a college athlete got arrested.

And RU is only still in the beginning stages of heavily investing in their sports. Previous administrations were trying to focus more on academics to get into the Ivy League. But it would have had to give up its status as a land grant state school, which they declined. So they academics always there. It was only until Schiano that they decided to invest in football alone. So I'd say the jury is still out on them for a few more years.

You mean like Cornell?

Man, you guys like piling on much?

They had a bad apple. He got arrested. It happens. It happens when you recruit players out of low-income communities because there is a lot of lawlessness out there.

I can understand a comment or two of "this would never happen at PSU" (except of course it HAS).

But this is getting to 50 or 60 comments now. You'd think PSU fans would have better things to talk about.

Reactions: GulfCoastLion
This isn't Rutgers fault. They didn't make this kid do this, but what it is, is another example of a kid throwing his entire future away for what? A few bucks that some bicyclist had in his wallet? If what he's being charged with is true then he's on the bottom of the intelligence totem pole.

Get out?! I just got here though :( I enjoy reading the delusion on this board too much to leave... "Joe did what the law says he had to do, so he shouldn't have done anything else" is my favorite line
What would you have done in Joe's situation and what do you think that Joe should have done? Bear in mind that there are defamation of character liabilities, obstruction of justice and evidence tampering laws to consider that even JVP was not exempt from.

Reactions: pandaczar12
And that was the year the sanctions were handed down. But she and her husband told me they were upset by them but not angry because they knew JoePa had gotten away with a lot. So if RU has a culture problem, that means it was an epidemic at PSU.

Oh, well if you had a friend who said this at a wedding then it's an open and shut case. Do you have any friends who have a cousin who knew a guy who used to live with somebody who cut Joe's grass that can weigh in on it as well?

You seriously came here to give us the old "I know a guy" schtick? Give me a break.

What would you have done in Joe's situation and what do you think that Joe should have done? Bear in mind that there are defamation of character liabilities, obstruction of justice and evidence tampering laws to consider that even JVP was not exempt from.

I wouldn't hold my breath, they never respond to this question. If they understand the situation and the laws/policies that applied, they wouldn't have made that comment in the first place.

I wouldn't hold my breath, they never respond to this question. If they understand the situation and the laws/policies that applied, they wouldn't have made that comment in the first place.
As Franco said about the BOT, it makes them feel powerful to bully an old man.

As a student at RU, I'd honestly love to see the Faculty Senate motion proposed by Mark Killingsworth go through.

Everybody would have gone straight to Jerry's house and beat the shit out of him with their bare hands. I mean, obviously. Then they would have dragged him to the police station where the police would have immediately locked him up and threw away the key, no questions asked.

I can't believe it didn't literally happen like this, because if it were any other school it would have happened like that. Instead, Joe Paterno orchestrated one of the biggest conspiracies in the history of the sports world, if not the country for an entire decade, all in the name of football.

Instead, the new procedures are to inform the athletic director of the school when somebody on your staff comes to you with information regarding a former employee and abuse of children. If only this procedure were in place in 2001 we wouldn't be in the situation we are in today. What in the world took them so long?

Reactions: simons96
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT