ADVERTISEMENT

Ron Johnson :

not a shocker. He did not seem to have much interest in PSU. FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR better get with Colon :)

Reactions: NJPSU
You can book Hawkins to UM now too. Probably Upshur also.

I could be completely wrong....but my hunch is that PSU moved on from Johnson a while back.

I don't think PSU ever had any real interest in Upshur.....whatever the reasons may be.

I was born and raised in the Philadelphia/Camden area, very different than other areas. Quite often Camden kids try to get far away, actually Nebraska did very well for number of years in that area. Philadelphia has only recently become an area for Div 1 talent. Much of that is due to the demise of the Public School System being replaced by Charter schools that can recruit and develop players. In short, no more neighborhood schools. PSU has never had much luck in recruiting those areas. BUT, as Franklin establishes himself I think that will change drastically. Note, neither Johnson nor Upshur considered Rutgers. As an aside Chambers recruitment of BB players from Philadelphia will make a difference as well.
Yes, I am aware of the huge presence of PSU alum in the area, hence the 80-20 games at Temple :)

I was born and raised in the Philadelphia/Camden area, very different than other areas. Quite often Camden kids try to get far away, actually Nebraska did very well for number of years in that area. Philadelphia has only recently become an area for Div 1 talent. Much of that is due to the demise of the Public School System being replaced by Charter schools that can recruit and develop players. In short, no more neighborhood schools. PSU has never had much luck in recruiting those areas. BUT, as Franklin establishes himself I think that will change drastically. Note, neither Johnson nor Upshur considered Rutgers. As an aside Chambers recruitment of BB players from Philadelphia will make a difference as well.
Yes, I am aware of the huge presence of PSU alum in the area, hence the 80-20 games at Temple :)

And Denny Crum had a pipeline from the basketball court in Camden to the court on the campus of Louisville. Of course, it helped that he was lining the pockets of the coach of Camden High, Clarence Turner.

Another Rutgers "dream team 16" member, now gone to Harbaugh. Jim has set up camp in Jersey but he will never ever reach James Franklin status in the twisted minds of the Scarlet hate mongers. They are probably cheering that number 5 in their State, is now a Wolverine. Sick puppies.

I hope we can get Hamlin.

Of all the "local" guys (PA/NJ/MD) that PSU really wants (IMHO) Hamlin may be the toughest one to reel in.

I believe some of the "highly rated" guys - Johnson, Upshur, Hudson, Jones, Diggs, and even Angeline are not consider "must gets" by the PSU staff.

Well....shoulda' included Gary with Hamlin.....but I've just always figured he is a long-shot

Reactions: pennst8fan78
4 area prospects visited Michigan over the weekend - Johnson, Philadelphia Imhotep Charter TE Naseir Upshur, Egg Harbor (NJ) WR Ahmir Mitchell, Camden (NJ) Class Of 2017 OL Cesar Ruiz = and Johnson committed during his trip with Jabril Peppers while Upshur came close. Mitchell remains a battle between Michigan and Ohio State.

4 area prospects visited Michigan over the weekend - Johnson, Philadelphia Imhotep Charter TE Naseir Upshur, Egg Harbor (NJ) WR Ahmir Mitchell, Camden (NJ) Class Of 2017 OL Cesar Ruiz = and Johnson committed during his trip with Jabril Peppers while Upshur came close. Mitchell remains a battle between Michigan and Ohio State.
And what is the price of tea in China?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Thanks for keeping us informed with the bad news. This will likely get purged anyhow.

Johnson and Upshur are Penn State targets.

Upshur hasn't been a PSU target for months. There may not be a more overrated prospect in America. We would have taken a commitment from Johnson but weren't really recruiting him all that hard. Staff has bigger fish on the line.

Upshur hasn't been a PSU target for months. There may not be a more overrated prospect in America. We would have taken a commitment from Johnson but weren't really recruiting him all that hard. Staff has bigger fish on the line.
Upshur has been in contact with PSU.....so therefore he is a target.

I got no problem hearing where NJ, PA, MD, and VA targets are going. Those are our areas....we dominate those or at least we should. It is always good to know what the enemy is doing.

We don't need Ron Johnson anyways.

We get STUD DE's coming out of the woodwork!

Really not sure of the price of tea in China with the now "No" bail out vote on Greece Chicken!

LOL!!

Classic CL post.
LOL

repeating something I posted yesterday, Upshur doesn't fit as a PSU TE so if that is important to him, PSU is not a likely destination. If he goes to UMich, he may play but I doubt it is at TE.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT