ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Rivals.com introduces Comprehensive Team Rankings

Not quite sure how to interpret this. A team with a lot of Portal transfers obviously has holes in their roster and they're picking up transfers - in many cases (not all) - that just couldn't cut it at their previous schools. I'm still big on signing HS recruits and developing your way.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Okay, since no one else wants to bite, I will. Adding more subjective evaluations onto the original subjective evaluation, does not make it objective or factually correct. What was it, a slow day at the office, and the pizza delivery guy was delayed?

Reactions: rrdd2021
Okay, since no one else wants to bite, I will. Adding more subjective evaluations onto the original subjective evaluation, does not make it objective or factually correct. What was it, a slow day at the office, and the pizza delivery guy was delayed?
Yep, if you figure out what they're trying to say, please let the rest of us know.

Reactions: Thomas1945
Not quite sure how to interpret this. A team with a lot of Portal transfers obviously has holes in their roster and they're picking up transfers - in many cases (not all) - that just couldn't cut it at their previous schools. I'm still big on signing HS recruits and developing your way.
I agree I think HS recruits is the way to go, but if you're a new HC it's hard not to try and do what Deion just did and brought in 69 new scholarship players. If it works for Deion, I bet every coach starts using the portal like he did, if it doesn't then back to the HS route for most.

I agree I think HS recruits is the way to go, but if you're a new HC it's hard not to try and do what Deion just did and brought in 69 new scholarship players. If it works for Deion, I bet every coach starts using the portal like he did, if it doesn't then back to the HS route for most.
Agree but I guess my logic is that using the Portal Transfers extensively just means there are holes in the roster and not all of these Portal players are "star" players - they're in the Portal for a reason. Not arguing that the Portal is all bad - it's not. Nothing wrong with a program picking up 2 to 4 transfers a year to plug a few minor holes. I think most of the current B1G is doing it with maybe the 2 to 4 transfers mentioned including PSU, OSU, Michigan etc.... When looking at strictly HS recruiting rankings, you're dealing with the very best - highest rated HS stars - not so with kids in the Portal

Probably just me, but I think adding massive amounts of Portal players - many who couldn't cut it at their previous schools - just dilutes the ratings. I like what the majority of the current B1G teams are doing with HS recruiting and mixing in just a few transfers

Last edited:
Rich, with all due respect, I am sure coaches keep their eye on what other programs are doing but I seriously doubt deion dictates anything for real power 5 coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT