ADVERTISEMENT

RB Hayden from Ohio State enterted the Transfer Portal

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
I heard on the Dayton, OH ESPN affiliate today that Hayden entered. Wasn't he a high 4* or 5*? He had rushed for over 550 yds in 2022 and was redshirted in 2023. Keith Byers former OSU and long time pro RB was disappointed about the transfer and believed Hayden was ready to breakout this year as a RB. Apparently bringing in that All American RB transfer from Ole Miss and Traveon Henderson deciding to stay forced Hayden to move on. Some team is going to get a really good RB with starter potential from the portal.

Last edited:
Hope he doesn't go to UM. He sure isn't coming to PSU with the RB room PSU has.

Just looked it up and he's from Memphis Tenn., so maybe he goes SEC. Tennesee or UK.

Hope he doesn't go to UM. He sure isn't coming to PSU with the RB room PSU has.

Just looked it up and he's from Memphis Tenn., so maybe he goes SEC. Tennesee or UK.
Or Ole Miss to flip w Judkins? It's like a YMCA pick up game anymore...but good for him to bolt if that's what he thinks is best.

The new "Team" is made up of component parts looking out for only their own sole interests...playing time, NIL, etc

I don't think this guy was rated real high as a recruit. However he sure looked good when he played. Seemed to have a knack for hitting the hole correctly and ran smoothly. Understand him wanting playing time and leaving when he is behind Henderson and Judkins.

Reactions: RickinDayton
I don't think this guy was rated real high as a recruit. However he sure looked good when he played. Seemed to have a knack for hitting the hole correctly and ran smoothly. Understand him wanting playing time and leaving when he is behind Henderson and Judkins.
From the OSU site:

Dallan was a four-star recruit who rated among the top 25 running backs nationally in the Class of 2022

Reactions: lazydave841

Talk about delusional. This piece blames Alford for Hayden leaving.

They don't think bringing in Judkins was the issue?
Well, Alford probably played a big role in getting Judkins to Columbus. That said, I do not blame Hayden for leaving. He never seemed to be really valued. It is hard to get playing time in top programs.

Well, Alford probably played a big role in getting Judkins to Columbus. That said, I do not blame Hayden for leaving. He never seemed to be really valued. It is hard to get playing time in top programs.
First World problems.

I'd say NIL and Buckeyes brand is what brought Judkins to Columbus.

Judkins didn't follow Alford when he left either.

Regardless, I don't see how any sane, rational person could blame Hayden leaving on "Alford mismanaging the RB room". Judkins is a definite upgrade, and Henderson returned. There aren't enough rushes to go around and Hayden is going into year 3. I'm sure he seen the 2 headed back field monster through spring practice and said "I guess I'll go somewhere else".

Real solid runner but supposedly lacks pass receiving and blocking skills. I think the transfer of that Ole Miss RB to OSU sealed his Portal decision

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT