ADVERTISEMENT

Raise it!

bjf1984

Sep 8, 2014
Down go the Cards.....

And, better yet, their offense is a disaster right now.

Last eight games, they have scored 3 or fewer six times. The exception - last nights game where they were no-hit through 6 1/3.....but scored 4 relatively meaningless runs in the ninth to win 6-0, and today.....when they scored 2 meaningless runs in the ninth to get to 4 for the game.
They have just 54 hits in their last 74 innings of play.

The pitching has been INCREDIBLE.....but even there they are starting to show some stress.

I don't see 36 year old fading slugger Holliday making that much of an impact when he returns (it will certainly help, but I don't see it as a panacea). They may have to look for some pick-ups later this month, to try to spark the offense.

If the Buccos can weather the storm until Marte and Harrison get back......things could get very interesting.

Reactions: fairgambit
Yeah but Harrison is a six week deal and no one wants to talk about Starling.
Oh, I know those two could be out for significant times.

I expect they could get by OK with only one of them out (assuming Marte gets back soon, and Kang fills in for Harrison). BOTH out for a month could be a real big deal.

Really sucks, because Harrison was really rounding into form after that horrible start. I'm not sure how many people realize it, but since May 7th (exactly 2 months ago) he has hit .332.......along with a .787 OPS and 9 SB in 10 attempts. He was been a big part of the team's success.

Obviously, Marte is the other "catalyst" in the lineup.....and 2nd to McCutchen in value to the lineup.

Going without both of those guys for a long stretch would really hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT