ADVERTISEMENT

Question about long pass to KLS

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Would Allar have been able to complete the long pass to KLS if he wasn't in a desperate situation?

It seems like we keep running conservative plays on 1st & 2nd down which puts Allar in a tough spot on 3rd and long. I read that the average yds to gain on 3rd down vs OSU was 7.5. Ouch!

But somewhat like last week when PSU went down by 14 pts the offense became more aggressive out of necessity. That's when we scored. Today we weren't behind but we threw a quick pass on 1st down to Allen for 11 yds. Then a great run, then the 57 yd pass.

Does it get easier for Allar when we play fast and don't spend so much time thinking about the play?

Reactions: therod and mcpat
I’m sure it wasn’t the first time this season, but I can’t recall the last time we had a receiver run a go pattern this year.

And it was on first down on top of that, to your point.

And to someone else’s point in another thread, I don’t see the point of the RPO when the QB isn’t a threat to run the ball. Let’s be who we are and not who we are not.

Would Allar have been able to complete the long pass to KLS if he wasn't in a desperate situation?

It seems like we keep running conservative plays on 1st & 2nd down which puts Allar in a tough spot on 3rd and long. I read that the average yds to gain on 3rd down vs OSU was 7.5. Ouch!

But somewhat like last week when PSU went down by 14 pts the offense became more aggressive out of necessity. That's when we scored. Today we weren't behind but we threw a quick pass on 1st down to Allen for 11 yds. Then a great run, then the 57 yd pass.

Does it get easier for Allar when we play fast and don't spend so much time thinking about the play?
I do think the tie score finally woke us up out of our game long slumber. As you noted we started the drive strong with Kaytron.

To be fair to Yurcich we did take deep shots earlier in the game (I think two that I remember) but just no separation from the WRs. I think this TD was more a result of us finally getting a favorable matchup of one on one against KLS with the safety on the other side. That combined with, well it is Indiana. I don't think it was due as much to us being desperate.

WTF..
Hell Yes.... Good God!

Our WR do not get separation but they aren't schemed very well to help in that either. Need some more bunch formations, less motion where the WR gets caught up in the wash. 2 WR and a TE in trips to the wide side and have a nice combo where we make the safety on that side make a decision.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT