ADVERTISEMENT

Q Collar

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
I’ve seen these on players but didn’t know what they were. Maybe you have. Hard to imagine how it works. But if it does, the $200 investment may be well worth it for your athlete kid

Last edited:
So this got buried in all the hoopla but it is very important and deserves serious consideration.

I saw a news report about this a while back….like two years or so….that it was being tested. IIRC, it was developed after studying how woodpeckers slam their beaks into tree thousands of times but never have any brain injuries. Seems they increase blood pressure in the heads and that limits brain movement……I think.

Any way, this could be a major improvement in player safety. And reading some of their website they show multiple studies on how it reduces brain injury from blast exposure. Hopefully, the military is looking into this since brain injury is a massive problem. And could be helpful for people in many private activities. Here is a link to some of the research they listed.

Reactions: bison13
So this got buried in all the hoopla but it is very important and deserves serious consideration.

I saw a news report about this a while back….like two years or so….that it was being tested. IIRC, it was developed after studying how woodpeckers slam their beaks into tree thousands of times but never have any brain injuries. Seems they increase blood pressure in the heads and that limits brain movement……I think.

Any way, this could be a major improvement in player safety. And reading some of their website they show multiple studies on how it reduces brain injury from blast exposure. Hopefully, the military is looking into this since brain injury is a massive problem. And could be helpful for people in many private activities. Here is a link to some of the research they listed.

they talk about military applications on their website and cite many studies

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT