ADVERTISEMENT

Pulled pork w/ Horseradish sauce, not BBQ

Psugo823

Aug 17, 2021
Anyone know of this will taste OK? I don't care for BBQ sauce and thought I'd slow cook it and serve on rolls with Horseradish mayo and sliced onions instead of bbq.

Reactions: WaylonJ and psualt
Anyone know of this will taste OK? I don't care for BBQ sauce and thought I'd slow cook it and serve on rolls with Horseradish mayo and sliced onions instead of bbq.
If your taste buds crave that particular mix, go for it. Most people that I know would be more inclined to kick your ass if you put that abortion in front of them.

If your taste buds crave that particular mix, go for it. Most people that I know would be more inclined to kick your ass if you put that abortion in front of them.
I'm kinda glad I'm not as screwed up as you are head case...normal people don't try to kick someone's ass because they don't have the same taste in food.

Reactions: PSUfiji and Fac
Maybe try some Carolina BBQ sauce. Different than most sauces.
Or take the a$$ kicking that crm114 is offering. 🧐
Horseradish on hot roast beef sandwich sounds good, mayo, not in my wheelhouse. I actually get nauseated when i see persons with the dressing dripping from their lips. That's just me from a bad experience in my youth.

Link:

Last edited:
just yesterday had a pulled pork sandwich with a sauce made from a combination mayo, dijon, horse radish, chopped sour kraut and chopped pickled banana peppers. Was outstanding!! The interplay between the horse radish, kraut and peppers was really good.

I'm kinda glad I'm not as screwed up as you are head case...normal people don't try to kick someone's ass because they don't have the same taste in food.
Oh, my mistake. I'm sure you have plenty of "normal people" that are ecstatic at the thought of being treated to that delightful dish.

People do have bizarre tastes. Like I said, have at it. Just don't expect a consensus of approval. Maybe you can serve balut as a side.

A balut is a fertilized bird egg (usually a duck) which is incubated for a period of 14 to 21 days, depending on the local culture, and then steamed. The contents are eaten directly from the shell. Balut that is incubated for longer periods have a well-developed embryo and the features of the duckling are recognizable. The partially-developed embryo bones are soft enough to chew and swallow as a whole.

just yesterday had a pulled pork sandwich with a sauce made from a combination mayo, dijon, horse radish, chopped sour kraut and chopped pickled banana peppers. Was outstanding!! The interplay between the horse radish, kraut and peppers was really good.
Had to be delicious.

Oh, my mistake. I'm sure you have plenty of "normal people" that are ecstatic at the thought of being treated to that delightful dish.

People do have bizarre tastes. Like I said, have at it. Just don't expect a consensus of approval. Maybe you can serve balut as a side.

A balut is a fertilized bird egg (usually a duck) which is incubated for a period of 14 to 21 days, depending on the local culture, and then steamed. The contents are eaten directly from the shell. Balut that is incubated for longer periods have a well-developed embryo and the features of the duckling are recognizable. The partially-developed embryo bones are soft enough to chew and swallow as a whole.
I know what Balut is bud. One of my best friends is a long time head chef in State College.

I do an Italian seasoning pork butt that is outstanding. I usually cut the butt into 4 large pieces, coat with olive oil, Italian seasoning blend and salt and let it sit for an hour or so. Then, roast at 350 for about 90 - 120 minutes until about medium in a roasting pan. Put the meat on a cutting board while you heat the drippings with some water added to have enough liquid to get all the drippings out of pan and put into the refrigerator for later.

Add a quart of chicken stock, one sliced medium onion, 4 cloves minced garlic, 2 - 4 tablespoons Italian seasoing, salt and pepper to a 6 - 8 quart stock pot or crock pot and bring to a simmer. Slice the 4 large pieces of pork against the grain as best you can, since the grain seems to go in all directions, and put into the stock pot or crock pot. After about 3 hours skim about 75% of the fat from the drippings that you stored in the refrigerator and add the remaining drippings to the pot. Stir and taste the broth and season with salt accordingly. I always use about a teaspoon of MSG to the broth. Add another medium onion and simmer for an additional hour or so. Serve with potato rolls, and watch it disappear.

If using a crock pot start heating when you put the meat into the oven to get the chicken stock hot.

Use a bone-in butt and put the bone into the pot while simmering.

Last edited:
Crm114 came in from out of town with a posse of Hells Angels but just missed the dinner by a day.
He sure seems to have put a bug up your ass. You sure do like to insult those that have opposing opinions.

Again my mistake, thought you were soliciting honest opinions. Next time you ask for a critique of one of your "dishes" be sure to include "Only if you agree with me".

He sure seems to have put a bug up your ass. You sure do like to insult those that have opposing opinions.

Again my mistake, thought you were soliciting honest opinions. Next time you ask for a critique of one of your "dishes" be sure to include "Only if you agree with me".
If I recall correctly it was you, not me, who ran his mouth with the "kick my ass" stuff. That was not solicited and not requested. You, not me.

This BBQ style sounds similar to a PA Dutch style BBQ which is different from your normal red sauce barbecue but very delicious as its own thing. They also make a ham and turkey bbq with a vinegar base, such as one would find with prepared horseradish cooked with onions, salt and pepper. It's very good in its own right. I wouldn't hesitate to try such a preparation. I've made it with celery soup and a vinegar base for turkey.

If I recall correctly it was you, not me, who ran his mouth with the "kick my ass" stuff. That was not solicited and not requested. You, not me.
I would try what you make cause it sounds ok to me. If I don’t like it I probably wouldn’t kick your ass but I might make fun of your ass. Is what it is.

• Haha
Reactions: Psugo823
I like the idea but, just a suggestion, even though you hate BBQ sauce maybe have it as an option for people to add to their sandwich. I'd eat it your way but we all know there's picky eaters out there lol

If we all like the same thing, then everyone would be wanting to bop grandma, says my Great- Grandfather.

I'd skip they mayo. Fat on fat crime there.

I'd go with a mustard based sauce such as Cattlemans Gold. Or a honey mustard type sauce.

Go Carolina BBQ sauce if you're into vinegar. There are some good easy recipes out there. The one I just made had practically zero sweetness to it.

Flip through the bbq thread on the wrestling board. Tons of good ideas on there.

Reactions: step.eng69
I'm doing brisket next. I'm off the pulled pork train for good after that dumpster fire.

I'm doing brisket next. I'm off the pulled pork train for good after that dumpster fire.
Lots of good videos out there on how to do one of those either smoked or oven method. Keep the seasoning simple...salt, pepper, onion amd garlic powder.

I would recommend buying one that is already trimmed for your first try. You can buy just the flat portion of a brisket. The flat is probably the easier part to cook as it's usually a pretty consistent thickness.

If done well, no sauce needed.

Reactions: Psugo823
I do an Italian seasoning pork butt that is outstanding. I usually cut the butt into 4 large pieces, coat with olive oil, Italian seasoning blend and salt and let it sit for an hour or so. Then, roast at 350 for about 90 - 120 minutes until about medium in a roasting pan. Put the meat on a cutting board while you heat the drippings with some water added to have enough liquid to get all the drippings out of pan and put into the refrigerator for later.

Add a quart of chicken stock, one sliced medium onion, 4 cloves minced garlic, 2 - 4 tablespoons Italian seasoing, salt and pepper to a 6 - 8 quart stock pot or crock pot and bring to a simmer. Slice the 4 large pieces of pork against the grain as best you can, since the grain seems to go in all directions, and put into the stock pot or crock pot. After about 3 hours skim about 75% of the fat from the drippings that you stored in the refrigerator and add the remaining drippings to the pot. Stir and taste the broth and season with salt accordingly. I always use about a teaspoon of MSG to the broth. Add another medium onion and simmer for an additional hour or so. Serve with potato rolls, and watch it disappear.

If using a crock pot start heating when you put the meat into the oven to get the chicken stock hot.

Use a bone-in butt and put the bone into the pot while simmering.
Let's not forget to smother the pulled pork in piles of mayo sauce !
😟

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT