ADVERTISEMENT

PSU WVB to have six televised matches in 2015 - link

I seldom make it to back to campus for volleyball matches, so I really enjoy the TV coverage. I wish they would carry them all, even in some pay per view format. I'd gladly spend my beer money to see every match.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
I seldom make it to back to campus for volleyball matches, so I really enjoy the TV coverage. I wish they would carry them all, even in some pay per view format. I'd gladly spend my beer money to see every match.

Maybe this:

"The complete television schedule for the Big Ten will be released in August, and will also disclose all the matches that will be available to viewers on BTN2Go."

will afford you the opportunity to see a good portion of the matches.

Maybe this:

"The complete television schedule for the Big Ten will be released in August, and will also disclose all the matches that will be available to viewers on BTN2Go."

will afford you the opportunity to see a good portion of the matches.
Good. Thanks!

I find that collegiate womens volleyball especially when Russ Rose and a handful of coaches are involved in developing the talent is among the most athletically beautiful and intellectually engaging sports among all collegiate sports. Football and Mens Basketball....womens volleyball.... the chemistry(psychology).... athleticism... recruiting for position and game circumstances ... the dedication to technique and poise..... It is all intriguing.

I would love to spend a match or two standing right beside Russ Rose looking at his book.... and watch a few practices as well... just absorbing. Womens Volleyball has meant a great deal to PSU and Russ Rose is a great .. great coach. Who would not want to watch these super gals and super coach handle the pressure of all these matches.... It is great drama.

PSU WVB 2015 BTN/ESPNU Schedule

Nice. For those who can't make the trip to Rec Hall there are three big home matches on BTN - Stanford, Wiscy, Nebraska.

Good news - Thanks mn78psu83!

Link to Dig Nittany Volleyball's matrix for our TV games...

Penn State women’s volleyball is set to make six appearances on national television during the 2015 season, as announced by the Big Ten Conference. A showing on ESPNU as well as five other appearances on the Big Ten Network highlight the Nittany Lions’ TV schedule.​

From the net...

psumaui

So, it looks like no MN vs Penn State being broadcast on BTN TV this year. So far the breakdown looks like this:

Penn State 6 matches
Illinois 6 matches
Wisconsin 5 matches
Purdue 4 matches
Nebraska 3 matches
Michigan State 2 matches
Michigan 2 matches
Ohio State 2 matches
Northwestern 1 match
Maryland 1 match
Rutgers 1 match
Iowa 1 match

There may be a couple of wildcards like last season so won't get to know who they are until just a couple days before the match.

------

nyline
Administrator

But it is too bad that the sport hasn't yet reached a level where 5:00 p.m. is simply not viewed as an acceptable start time on a Wednesday night.

Reactions: mn78psu83
PSU WVB 2015 BTN/ESPNU Schedule

Nice. For those who can't make the trip to Rec Hall there are three big home matches on BTN - Stanford, Wiscy, Nebraska.

"This coming season, the Lions will campaign for their seventh national championship in nine seasons.

To defend their national title, Penn State will return four starters and 12 letter-winners from last year’s winning team, including:

AVCA All-Americans Aiyana Whitney and Ali Frantti,
Big Ten Freshman of the Year Haleigh Washington* and
three-year starter Megan Courtney."

* In her first season as a Frosh, Washington's .492 hitting percentage led the Big Ten while her 1.22 blocks per set ranked seventh

55b6ee6905fa1.image.png

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/sports...cle_14cbee4c-34d3-11e5-b761-87acd10f4e73.html

Last edited:
2015 Penn State Women's Volleyball Schedule
Posted: Saturday, July 18, 2015 4:41 pm

Date
Opponent
Time

Aug. 28 Buffalo
Penn State Classic

7 p.m.
Aug. 29 Stony Brook
Penn State Classic

1 p.m.
Aug. 29 Villanova
Penn State Classic

7 p.m.
Sept. 4 Colorado
Big Ten/Pac-12 Challenge

7:30 p.m.
Sept. 5 Stanford
Big Ten/Pac-12 Challenge

8 p.m.
Sept. 11 vs. Kentucky 4:30 p.m .
Sept. 12 vs. Mississippi State
Golden Dome Invitational

10 a.m.
Sept. 12 vs. Notre Dame
Golden Dome Invitational

7 p.m.
Sept. 18 vs. Auburn
South Florida Invitational

6 p.m.
Sept. 19 vs. St. John's

1 p.m.
Sept. 19 vs. USF

7 p.m.
Sept. 23 Wisconsin* TBA
Sept. 26 vs. Minnesota* TBA
Oct. 2 vs. Nebraska* TBA
Oct. 3 Iowa* TBA
Oct. 9 at Illinois* TBA
Oct. 10 at Northwestern* TBA
Oct. 16 Indiana* TBA
Oct. 17 Purdue* TBA
Oct. 21 at Michigan* TBA
Oct. 24 at Michigan State* TBA
Oct. 28 at Ohio State* TBA
Oct. 30 Ohio State* TBA
Nov. 5 at Maryland* TBA
Nov. 6 at Rutgers* TBA
Nov. 11 at Iowa* TBA
Nov. 14 at Minnesota* TBA
Nov. 18 Michigan* TBA
Nov. 21 Maryland* TBA
Nov. 25 Northwestern* TBA
Nov. 28 at Nebraska* TBA
Dec. 4 NCAA First and Second Rounds TBA
Dec. 5 NCAA First and Second Rounds TBA
Dec. 6 NCAA First and Second Rounds TBA
Dec. 11 NCAA Regionals TBA
Dec. 11 NCAA Regionals TBA

Dec. 17 NCAA Semifinals
Omaha
TBA

Dec. 19 NCAA Finals
Omaha
TBA
http://www.collegian.psu.edu/html_6d6ca1f6-2d8d-11e5-aa05-1f3e7d1666a1.html

They do. Most of the BIG matches, both home and away, will be either on TV or on the BTDN (Big Ten Digital Network) which is a paid streaming service. Well worth the money if you follow volleyball and wrestling like I do.

Reactions: fairgambit
They do. Most of the BIG matches, both home and away, will be either on TV or on the BTDN (Big Ten Digital Network) which is a paid streaming service. Well worth the money if you follow volleyball and wrestling like I do.
I am definitely going to get it. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT