ADVERTISEMENT

PSU currently has a Top Ten class in football and basketball for 2016

While I love it, I don't see it lasting in either. I think we've got a good shot to stay top 15 in football, but we'll likely be top 25ish in basketball at the end of the day. Duke is currently 24th, so that should tell you how early we are in the process. Once the top players in the country start signing, we'll be out of the picture. Still, I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. Maybe one day, we'll be in the top 10 for good.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
While I love it, I don't see it lasting in either. I think we've got a good shot to stay top 15 in football, but we'll likely be top 25ish in basketball at the end of the day. Duke is currently 24th, so that should tell you how early we are in the process. Once the top players in the country start signing, we'll be out of the picture. Still, I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. Maybe one day, we'll be in the top 10 for good.
So...you'd be disappointed with a top 25 class in basketball??? String a few of those together and we are in business! Has PSU, at any time, even been ranked in the hoops top 10 at any point in history? I doubt it. So enjoy the roll both sports are on my friend...don't Debbie-Downer the mood...WAH...WAH...WAH!

PSU hoops can "drop" to #25 all day, every day!

A PSU top 25 in BBall is as rare as:
1) selling snow to an eskimo
2) a reduction in Kardasian photos
3) investigative journalism
4) a Belichick smile
5) a Witvoet non-PSU holding call
6) an envyless Scarlet Knight
7) Pitt fans experiencing stage III: ACCEPTANCE
8) Rhodes Scholars who hail from Columbus

So Vizions...not sure how old you are, but there are some positive things going on here...enjoy! Remember...things were supposed to be a whole lot worse (See #3, or lack thereof). CHIN UP!

Reactions: Judge Smails
And let's not forget that PSU bball got a verbal from what could be it's highest rated commit EVER...today! GOOD TIMES...good times

So...you'd be disappointed with a top 25 class in basketball??? String a few of those together and we are in business! Has PSU, at any time, even been ranked in the hoops top 10 at any point in history? I doubt it. So enjoy the roll both sports are on my friend...don't Debbie-Downer the mood...WAH...WAH...WAH!

4) a Belichick smile

So Vizions...not sure how old you are, but there are some positive things going on here...enjoy! Remember...things were supposed to be a whole lot worse (See #3, or lack thereof). CHIN UP!
Who said anything about disappointment? I'd be ecstatic with a top 25 class, but let's temper expectations about the possibility of a top 10 class.

Who said anything about disappointment? I'd be ecstatic with a top 25 class, but let's temper expectations about the possibility of a top 10 class.
Fair enough. Just having fun riding this wave...there is no reason why PSU should not be relevant in bbal...especially with these types of recruits coming in. It is fun watching thid happen.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Fair enough. Just having fun riding this wave...there is no reason why PSU should not be relevant in bbal...especially with these types of recruits coming in. It is fun watching thid happen.

Agreed. If it was one player, I'd say it could be a fluke, but landing Watkins and Reaves last year was huge. Having Bostick and Hampton this year was just as big. Now, landing Carr is the icing on the cake. Considering we're still in it for Stevens and Painter, I'd say we're building something special. Carr could be a program-changing player for us.

"Currently" is in the title, but do your wet blanket thing.

I was reading somewhere that the Class of 2017 in Philadelphia is ridiculously loaded. A lot more than 2016? Any names to keep in mind for the class of 2017? And do we have a shot with any of them? (I am guessing Carr, stevens if he commits, and shep might be familiar with a lot of these younger players). Hopefully that connection could help!!

Reactions: Ranger Dan

4) a Belichick smile

Sell ice to an Eskimo is not that hard. It is called a Refrigerator.

Just saying,

N i t t a n y A m e r i c a

ADVERTISEMENT