ADVERTISEMENT

Prince Eric Barbaruba and His BS.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...s-put-Freeh-report-review-on-back-burner.html

Barron lied to the Alumni, Students and Faculty previously to get us off his back. So much for a "speedy review".

And he gets away with it since the media will never call his 'side' on any lies or deceptive behavior. He literally could call a press conference and lie repeatedly and they would just 'let it slide'.

Now if Lubrano had done the same there'd be constant editorials on Pennlive/ Patriot News and in the CDT about how dishonorable and dishonest he was.

Reactions: WeR0206 and mbahses
Looking back on past articles and accounts concerning activities and occurances, I am not surprised the faculty at FSU voiced displeasure with the way the administration dealt with numerous issues. I admit i am disappointed that the actions of our current President are less than honorable. I expect a degree of professionalism in his actions and words....unfortunately all I read
about is Double-talk, lies, and actions I would expect from a fraternity brother. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.....he is receiving lessons from some of the most unscrupulous people I have ever encountered.

Reactions: Hotshoe and mbahses
Looking back on past articles and accounts concerning activities and occurances, I am not surprised the faculty at FSU voiced displeasure with the way the administration dealt with numerous issues. I admit i am disappointed that the actions of our current President are less than honorable. I expect a degree of professionalism in his actions and words....unfortunately all I read
about is Double-talk, lies, and actions I would expect from a fraternity brother. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.....he is receiving lessons from some of the most unscrupulous people I have ever encountered.

It is frustrating because it is a bunch of doubletalk and dishonesty when he speaks. He knows that he has no intention of doing what he says he's going to do- but he says it anyway thinking it will cause alumni to back off. It's completely dishonorable and worthy of a politician. (Hell, politicians aren't even so blatant about it).

Given Barron's behavior since his arrival, I shouldn't be surprised. How he allowed himself to be manipulated into being the 'spokesperson' in the fight between the old guard board trustees and alumni trustees shows that he has very little political or presidential skill. He absolutely should've stayed above the fray and allowed the executive committee or university lawyers to be the 'bad guys' fighting the alumni trustees. It's really shocking that he had no political 'savvy' to at least appear to be above the fray.

Reactions: WeR0206
It is frustrating because it is a bunch of doubletalk and dishonesty when he speaks. He knows that he has no intention of doing what he says he's going to do- but he says it anyway thinking it will cause alumni to back off. It's completely dishonorable and worthy of a politician. (Hell, politicians aren't even so blatant about it).

Given Barron's behavior since his arrival, I shouldn't be surprised. How he allowed himself to be manipulated into being the 'spokesperson' in the fight between the old guard board trustees and alumni trustees shows that he has very little political or presidential skill. He absolutely should've stayed above the fray and allowed the executive committee or university lawyers to be the 'bad guys' fighting the alumni trustees. It's really shocking that he had no political 'savvy' to at least appear to be above the fray.

$6,000,000.00

BJF,

You and I both called it about 6 months ago when many on here were drooling about Barron after his announcement that the Freeh report was a prosecutor type document and he was going to review it.

Total BS.

Yep. Like everyone else, we all wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt - even with the knowledge of "who hired him". Didn't take him long to show his true colors......which didn't take long.

Hopefully, by now, everyone knows what a scoundrel he is.

Yep. Like everyone else, we all wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt - even with the knowledge of "who hired him". Didn't take him long to show his true colors......which didn't take long.

Hopefully, by now, everyone knows what a scoundrel he is.

Barbaruba, BoT puppet, clown, poofter, fool, jackass, etc....

How he allowed himself to be manipulated into being the 'spokesperson' in the fight between the old guard board trustees and alumni trustees shows that he has very little political or presidential skill. He absolutely should've stayed above the fray and allowed the executive committee or university lawyers to be the 'bad guys' fighting the alumni trustees. It's really shocking that he had no political 'savvy' to at least appear to be above the fray.

This summarizes my disappointment with Barron to date. He should simply defer from responding to anything regarding the Scandal, offering that "the legal process will work these questions out" or something similar. There is nothing that he can say that won't offend (a) the politically correct public at large on one hand, or (b) the angry alumni on the other. He is in a no-win situation and should simply shrug and walk away no matter how much it irritates "the truth seekers." I'm sure Barron wants to knit the alumni back together for the benefit of the University, but there's very little realistic hope that will ever happen.

On stuff that has little/nothing to do with the Scandal, I like Barron very much. His success at managing Penn State's present and future challenges dealing with students, faculty and finances will be his legacy, not whether he repairs the past or figuratively "restores the statue."

This summarizes my disappointment with Barron to date. He should simply defer from responding to anything regarding the Scandal, offering that "the legal process will work these questions out" or something similar. There is nothing that he can say that won't offend (a) the politically correct public at large on one hand, or (b) the angry alumni on the other. He is in a no-win situation and should simply shrug and walk away no matter how much it irritates "the truth seekers." I'm sure Barron wants to knit the alumni back together for the benefit of the University, but there's very little realistic hope that will ever happen.

On stuff that has little/nothing to do with the Scandal, I like Barron very much. His success at managing Penn State's present and future challenges dealing with students, faculty and finances will be his legacy, not whether he repairs the past or figuratively "restores the statue."

I pretty much agree with you. There is no freaking way that he should have taken sides in the trustee battle. That was incredibly stupid. Thousands and thousands of alumni voted for those trustees, and he can kid himself that they represent only a minority of alums, but they are the alums' duly elected representatives on the board. It was completely freaking tone deaf for him to diss them the way that he did. It's probably why they had to trot out Sandy Barbour this week - to try to undo some of the damage.

I don't have many problems with the rest of the stuff that he is doing. He just needs to put Tom Poole and Keith Masser on "mute" when it comes to the Freeh mess.

Really it has nothing to do with any statue. He's basically at the point where it's time to do what's right verses what's easy.

He should have stayed above the fray just for the reason to do his job as alumni relations and the associated fundraising are a big part of it. Instead he jumped into the mess with both feet and started throwing bombs, yelling at alumni at BoT meetings, and lying to alumni. Not good for any university president anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbahses
I pretty much agree with you. There is no freaking way that he should have taken sides in the trustee battle. That was incredibly stupid. Thousands and thousands of alumni voted for those trustees, and he can kid himself that they represent only a minority of alums, but they are the alums' duly elected representatives on the board. It was completely freaking tone deaf for him to diss them the way that he did. It's probably why they had to trot out Sandy Barbour this week - to try to undo some of the damage.

I don't have many problems with the rest of the stuff that he is doing. He just needs to put Tom Poole and Keith Masser on "mute" when it comes to the Freeh mess.

Barron's Presidency is over without the alumni. He can continue to draw his salary and take up space in Old Main, but his Presidency is now as irrelevant as Rodney Erickson's.

http://restorepsu.blogspot.com/2015/05/eric-barron-shows-where-he-stands.html
barron.jpg

Reactions: step.eng69
Barbaruba, BoT puppet, clown, poofter, fool, jackass, etc....
http://restorepsu.blogspot.com/2015/05/von-guericke-experiment-with-eric.html

Eric Barron's Lips and Keith Masser's Buttocks as the Magdeburg Hemispheres

This would get a lot of PSU students to pay attention in physics class. When you pump out the air between Eric Barron's lips and Keith Masser's buttocks, teams of horses cannot pull them apart. A good practical exercise would be to multiply 14.696 pounds-force/square inch by the surface area involved to determine the pressure that keeps the two together.
Von_Guericke.jpg

Barron's Presidency is over without the alumni.

Why, Bill? I know about 40 alumni and only one of them ever visits this board or closely follows the progress of legal matters. I wouldn't presume that the majority of the 600,000+ living alumni or the 171,000+ members of the Alumni Association feel any where near as passionate as the members of this message board.

Most Penn Staters do not obsess daily about "truth" and the BoT.

Penn State needs alumni engagement and support for fund raising, frankly. Alumni opinions about how to run the University are tolerated only inasmuch as they are tied to donations. The alumni who are angry already stopped donating (if they did in the first place) and most won't come back under any circumstances. Their loss hurts, but it's already been demonstrated that Penn State can raise significant money with a portion of the alumni base choosing to sit out.

The success and reputation of Barron's tenure will depend on the experience of students, faculty and staff beginning in May 2014 to present and beyond. The alumni are one important constituency, no doubt, but there are others of equal or greater importance that will have a stronger voice in Barron's tenure.

Reactions: bamasota
Why, Bill? I know about 40 alumni and only one of them ever visits this board or closely follows the progress of legal matters. I wouldn't presume that the majority of the 600,000+ living alumni or the 171,000+ members of the Alumni Association feel any where near as passionate as the members of this message board.

Most Penn Staters do not obsess daily about "truth" and the BoT.

Penn State needs alumni engagement and support for fund raising, frankly. Alumni opinions about how to run the University are tolerated only inasmuch as they are tied to donations. The alumni who are angry already stopped donating (if they did in the first place) and most won't come back under any circumstances. Their loss hurts, but it's already been demonstrated that Penn State can raise significant money with a portion of the alumni base choosing to sit out.

The success and reputation of Barron's tenure will depend on the experience of students, faculty and staff beginning in May 2014 to present and beyond. The alumni are one important constituency, no doubt, but there are others of equal or greater importance that will have a stronger voice in Barron's tenure.

It does seem as if this place would be overrun if a majority of the 600K were posting on this board. Or, if even a double-digit percentage sized group of the 171K were posting here. One might imply that the majority of either group don't obsess about this on a daily basis.

The alumni who are angry already stopped donating (if they did in the first place) and most won't come back under any circumstances. Their loss hurts, but it's already been demonstrated that Penn State can raise significant money with a portion of the alumni base choosing to sit out.

1) I don't think that's a correct assumption at all. I am hearing that there are some fairly big money donors who will indeed start giving again once the university fixes what the trustees broke.
2) I don't think that the university has demonstrated that at all. They've been fudging donation numbers over the past few years to hide the impact (e.g. lumping post-2011 donations with pre-2011 donations).

It does seem as if this place would be overrun if a majority of the 600K were posting on this board. Or, if even a double-digit percentage sized group of the 171K were posting here. One might imply that the majority of either group don't obsess about this on a daily basis.

Because they don't post on this particular fansite? Seriously? The majority of Penn Staters may not obsess about this on a daily basis, but every alumni poll shows that the alumni do not agree with how this mess has been handled. I personally know exactly ONE alum who sticks up for Erickson et al. The rest all think that this whole business stinks.

Reactions: WeR0206
. . . every alumni poll shows that the alumni do not agree with how this mess has been handled.

I have no doubt that the great majority of Penn State alumni, even those only casually interested, would say the trustees did a poor job of dealing with the aftermath of the Sandusky, Curley and Schultz indictments. That's all too obvious. But that's a good distance from saying that passionate alumni anger will eviscerate Barron's tenure, as Mr. Levinson asserted.

And it will ultimately be up to the (new) trustees to fix what the (old) trustees broke. The University (if you mean Barron and senior execs) is not empowered to fix what the trustees broke. The Administration is subservient to the BoT, just like on every other college campus in the U.S.

Only university presidents who wish to be no longer employed can take public stances against their board. Barron might actually have vision and agenda for Penn State that have nothing to do with Sandusky, and he may actually want to prosecute that vision a while longer. It seems to me that Barron has already discovered, possibly to his great frustration, that he cannot get out in front of the Old Guard BoT as much as he might like. I would speculate that his promise to review the Freeh Report is one such example; that Barron would truly like to put the Freeh Report to the test, but Dunham and the OG trustees have privately explained to Barron that he must not (you pick your reason why).

I have no doubt that the great majority of Penn State alumni, even those only casually interested, would say the trustees did a poor job of dealing with the aftermath of the Sandusky, Curley and Schultz indictments. That's all too obvious. But that's a good distance from saying that passionate alumni anger will eviscerate Barron's tenure, as Mr. Levinson asserted.

And it will ultimately be up to the (new) trustees to fix what the (old) trustees broke. The University (if you mean Barron and senior execs) is not empowered to fix what the trustees broke. The Administration is subservient to the BoT, just like on every other college campus in the U.S.

Only university presidents who wish to be no longer employed can take public stances against their board. Barron might actually have vision and agenda for Penn State that have nothing to do with Sandusky, and he may actually want to prosecute that vision a while longer. It seems to me that Barron has already discovered, possibly to his great frustration, that he cannot get out in front of the Old Guard BoT as much as he might like. I would speculate that his promise to review the Freeh Report is one such example; that Barron would truly like to put the Freeh Report to the test, but Dunham and the OG trustees have privately explained to Barron that he must not (you pick your reason why).

"Only university presidents who wish to be no longer employed can take public stances against their board."

Is this an intentionally "ironical" statement......or is the poster that intellectually retarded?

From what I recall, Evan is NOT a dummy, so it must be just a deliberate attempt at misrepresentation.

Well, Barry, university boards hire, fire and annually evaluate university presidents, and I cannot offhand think of a university president who enjoyed a long, successful tenure after publicly crossing swords with the majority view or direct instruction of his/her board on a major strategic or policy issue, so you can please explain why you find my statement so silly.

Well I have been ripped for defending him in the past. I won't defend him anymore. He is starting to show his true colors and they aren't bright. The Erickson guard was weak, cowardly and also somehow arrogant. The Barron guard so far consists of false promise and outright manipulation. Should have known what was coming due to who hired him. The guy was sloppy second to a guy with more on his rap sheet than University President qualifications on his resume.

Because they don't post on this particular fansite? Seriously? The majority of Penn Staters may not obsess about this on a daily basis, but every alumni poll shows that the alumni do not agree with how this mess has been handled. I personally know exactly ONE alum who sticks up for Erickson et al. The rest all think that this whole business stinks.
You wouldn't happen to mean Bernie McCue, would you?

Well, Barry, university boards hire, fire and annually evaluate university presidents, and I cannot offhand think of a university president who enjoyed a long, successful tenure after publicly crossing swords with the majority view or direct instruction of his/her board on a major strategic or policy issue, so you can please explain why you find my statement so silly.
I really don't think you need me to "explain it" to you. I don't think I would be wrong in assuming you are Intelligent enough to have realized it as soon as you wrote it...... But nice attempt at qualification nonetheless,

It not like he has a university to run. This should be way down his list of things to do.

Ah, you left off the last part of your 1st sentence so I added it....It's not like he has a university to run into the ground.

tPL2yoD.jpg

It not like he has a university to run. This should be way down his list of things to do.

You would have a much stronger point if Barron hadn't stepped up - of his own volition - and stated that he was going to review that "Freeh File"...and then went on to list the reasons why it was important for him to do so (even though we all knew the ONLY reason he stepped up was to assist the OG Scoundrels in their attempts to stonewall access to the files)
You can't say one thing, and then do another, and not expect to be held accountable (well, I guess you can expect that....seeing as how that is the way this University has been Pirated for years and years....but regardless of those "expectations", it is certainly righteous that others SHOULD hold you accountable)

You would have a much stronger point if Barron hadn't stepped up - of his own volition - and stated that he was going to review that "Freeh File"...and then went on to list the reasons why it was important for him to do so (even though we all knew the ONLY reason he stepped up was to assist the OG Scoundrels in their attempts to stonewall access to the files)
You can't say one thing, and then do another, and not expect to be held accountable (well, I guess you can expect that....seeing as how that is the way this University has been Pirated for years and years....but regardless of those "expectations", it is certainly righteous that others SHOULD hold you accountable)
He not saying he is not going to review it. All he is saying is that he has other things that need his attention right now. Joe is dead so but last time I checked the university is not. So therefore his first priority should be to get things done to run the university. Reviewing the Freeh report should be secondary. Only a cult member would think it should be his top priority.

Am I missing something? Delegate! Review the findings of staff, make a determination and proceed. Does anyone expect him to personally do more than read it and pertinent supporting documents? Once done, he should present the Board the assessment of his office. If he is fired for doing that, unless specifically ordered by the Executive Committee of the Board, I suspect it doesn't meet a level of insubordination and cause for removal.

Penn State's reputation has been sullied and I believe he should assess by whom (I think we all know) and proceed to recommend and advance actions to change this perception. The longer this is not done, the longer our national reputation will remain darkened. The "Moving on" strategy and “mea culpa” has not changed the national perception of our beloved alma mater as an enabler of child abuse (view the social media responses of the public). Transparency by the University's Board and Administration is the only narrative that will do so.

I don't want to get into a debate on what actions should be taken though I do have ideas. I believe Barron's Office, as a new administration, to have the responsibility to review and propose action. It should be a high priority.

Much like Barbour, I can't think of anything that Barron has actually done, except stand around and invite criticism due to his words and actions.

tPL2yoD.jpg

No, it's more along these lines. (11/9 Trustees as Sir Henry Simmerson, and PSU alumni as Major Hogan) and11/9 Trustees as Sir Henry Simmerson, and PSU alumni as Sir Arthur Wellesley. Starts at about 3:45

In fairness to Barron, he did dismiss the Freeh Report as not useful for decision-making purposes.

He not saying he is not going to review it. All he is saying is that he has other things that need his attention right now. Joe is dead so but last time I checked the university is not. So therefore his first priority should be to get things done to run the university. Reviewing the Freeh report should be secondary. Only a cult member would think it should be his top priority.

He said he's not going to review it, so your post is incorrect. Did you lie just now?

In fairness to Barron, he did dismiss the Freeh Report as not useful for decision-making purposes.

He was probably referring to the part where changes to make Penn State more open in their governance were recommended.

ADVERTISEMENT