ADVERTISEMENT

**PODCAST: Breaking down Drew Allar's spring game, who will be WR3?**

I feel this is a fair evaluation of our QB position. I don't think there is any question, nor has there been, about who will be starting against WVU at QB. I think the staff is trying to keep BP engaged and on the roster. To that end, will be creative in getting him game experience. As a team, we were overly dependent on SC to a fault. It cost us the Illinois 9 OT game and, perhaps, Iowa that year.

Regardless, we have to understand that Allar is only a true soph. He came from a smaller school (not a private school football factory) and has very little game experience. It is a huge transition to go against a handful of all-Americans on defense versus HS kids that now play flag football for their frat. We are going from a six-year player, five-year starter, to a kid that has about 20 minutes of game time under his belt.

They’re already calling Arch Manning a bust on Texas Boards. What would anyone expect will happen to a mere mortal like Drew Allar?

I feel this is a fair evaluation of our QB position. I don't think there is any question, nor has there been, about who will be starting against WVU at QB. I think the staff is trying to keep BP engaged and on the roster. To that end, will be creative in getting him game experience. As a team, we were overly dependent on SC to a fault. It cost us the Illinois 9 OT game and, perhaps, Iowa that year.

Regardless, we have to understand that Allar is only a true soph. He came from a smaller school (not a private school football factory) and has very little game experience. It is a huge transition to go against a handful of all-Americans on defense versus HS kids that now play flag football for their frat. We are going from a six-year player, five-year starter, to a kid that has about 20 minutes of game time under his belt.
Allar played upper level competition in HS in Ohio. He did very well. He didn't have very much D1 talent on his HS team, so he threw alot. What he lacks in mobility he makes up for with a very quick release, great arm strength, and vision (seems to do well with hisvprogressions). There will definitely be some rough patches in the season if the WRs don't improve from last season. Fortunately he has two great RBs (and Potts who is no slouch) and a very solid OL that should be able to carry the team when his passing is off.

Reactions: Online Persona
Allar played upper level competition in HS in Ohio. He did very well. He didn't have very much D1 talent on his HS team, so he threw alot. What he lacks in mobility he makes up for with a very quick release, great arm strength, and vision (seems to do well with hisvprogressions). There will definitely be some rough patches in the season if the WRs don't improve from last season. Fortunately he has two great RBs (and Potts who is no slouch) and a very solid OL that should be able to carry the team when his passing is off.
I disagree. He did play against Ed’s but the rest of the schedule wasn’t that difficult

They’re already calling Arch Manning a bust on Texas Boards. What would anyone expect will happen to a mere mortal like Drew Allar?

we have singleton and allen, we can lean on these guys. pump the brakes

No way is Arch Manning a bust - he;s only a freshmen is is playing behind former overall #1 recruit Ewers who is in his 3rd year.

The future battle between Allar, McCarthy and McCord in the B1G east should be interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT