ADVERTISEMENT

Peppelbon trade ......

dawgduice

Jun 2, 2006
good or bad for Phils?
I say "good". To me is is really just a salary dump.
Getting a AA prospect "might" become something, but the salary dump as the big win.

Reactions: Class of 67
Definitely good getting rid of him. I have to chuckle when I see Paps is the all time Phils save leader. Those 123 saves could not have been more quiet. Not one of those where in a meaningful game. OK, I'll give him one. Opening day in 2012 when he saved the game at PNC Park for Doc.

Giles just got the save tonight as the new closer, although he gave up a hit and all three outs were hard hit.

I don't think the Phils will really "need" a closer for a number of years. When the time really comes then they will buy one if their guys in house do not cut it. I think the Phils are about two years away from that point.

Sounds like the Phils may be paying almost all of his remaining 2015 salary.

Plus, what's with the Phils winning all these games? They are going to mess up getting the #1 pick next year.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
good or bad for Phils?
Getting a AA prospect "might" become something, but the salary dump as the big win.

Sounds like they picked up Phillipe Aumont 2.0, eh.

Reactions: bmw199
good or bad for Phils?
As a Nats fan, I don't want him. Watch him turn into another closer trade to the Nats, Brad Lidge. Plus, I can't stand Pap's demeanor. Good trade Phillies; not so smart Nats.

Reactions: Lion78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT