ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Penn State makes final five for California guard Brady Dunlap

Interesting 5 from a presumably rich kid who goes to one of the most exclusive schools in L.A.

If Micah dumped him to pick up Logan Imes from us this could be fair trade of recruits. Assuming that playing time and fit are more important than NIL then we may have a shot.

Kid should be wary about UNC as he could be recruited over in a second and Davis may not last 4 years. Chapel Hill is beyond amazing, but there are enough red flags to counterbalance the positives.

St. John's ( where my mom went) plays in an MSG that is as empty as the BJC most nights and the campus isn't ideal. Pitino is probably an acquired taste..not at all Harvard Westlake bourgeoisie..
this one feels out of place.

Villanova has the track record with players his size like Bridges growing with the program. I watched Mikael on Saturday vs the 76ers and he is so much more vastly improved from the high school beanpole I saw play a few times. Nice suburban campus, preppy pedigree, championship history and aspirations, playing time available. Hard to pass on that.

Nebraska and us get him on the floor immediately...in the Big 10. Chance to establish a role and grow. Both in classic college towns which may appeal to a jaded Los Angelino- but nowhere near the hoops prestige of the other 3 (although the Johnnies have been in a free fall).

Let's go Coach! But if I had to bet from the peanut gallery he is likely a Wildcat. We'll see.

Interesting that a S Ca star is looking only at schools east of the Mississippi ……. Ok , Nebraska is on the west shore of the Missouri…..but you get my point.

Also, he decommitted from Notre Dame after their coach ‘retired’. They hire the Penn State coach and now Penn State is on his short list with a new coach. Interesting twist.

Interesting that a S Ca star is looking only at schools east of the Mississippi ……. Ok , Nebraska is on the west shore of the Missouri…..but you get my point.

Also, he decommitted from Notre Dame after their coach ‘retired’. They hire the Penn State coach and now Penn State is on his short list with a new coach. Interesting twist.
The academic competition for the UC system is brutal, Fellow PAC 10 schools are nicknamed UC Tucson, UC Tempe, UC Corvallis and UC Eugene b/c so manyCali kids flee the Golden State if they can't get into Berkley, LA or Davis.

My 3 LA cousins all came East for college as did half of their kids. Love or hate LA, there is a fakeness that everyone tolerates, but many choose to escape for a few years.

Seems like this kid is collateral damage in the Shrew "Lightning in the Bottle" saga. Hope we get him and then kick Shrew, Booth, Kebba and whomever else goes to NDs butt (just like VCU would love to play us).

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT