ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State Football Fall Camp Position Breakdowns: Wide Receivers

Richard, your scholarship count indicates 5 yet there are 12 wide receivers listed whom I believe are all on scholarship.

PSU absolutely needs all the two-deep WRs to be productive with the ability to get separation, run crisp routes, and have sure hands. If this offense is to score alot of points, they must be consistent contributors.

So many names at those positions, but a low overall number of career catches for Penn State. And a new regular QB -- let's hope the passing game gets reasonably up to speed to handle Sept. conference games vs Illinois and Iowa.

Reactions: NedFromYork
So many names at those positions, but a low overall number of career catches for Penn State. And a new regular QB -- let's hope the passing game gets reasonably up to speed to handle Sept. conference games vs Illinois and Iowa.
As Franklin has said, he wanted the QB's to be throwing to the WR's all summer to be on the same page going into camp. Some positions are harder to work out realistically during the summer, but the QB's and WR's (and TE's) can really make progress by themselves, and I gotta believe they are doing that right now as we consternate over it.......

And I also believe leaving Saunders and Ivey out of the article's discussion of a 2 deep makes the article somewhat incomplete.........

Another note is that KLS was quoted after last season as having a chip on his shoulder due to him being somewhat left out of the discussion of a #1 WR for 2023. KLS is capable of being a 1000 yd WR for PSU and he will be out to prove that to Cephus and the rest of them!

Last edited:
Could be a 2005 situation. Low number of returning catches and new QB providing an opening for talented young players to get their opportunity and shine. Yes, DWill and King (although as a DB) were highly rated but Deon Butler and Jordan Norwood were little known and walk on and became a household names to lead the team in receiving.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT