ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USC board is dead now, five new topics in last three days.

LionJim

Oct 8, 2003
Levittown, PA to Olney, MD
When the topics are sorted by start date, the 50th most recent post on the USC board is dated June 2, ours is Wednesday night. USC was one of the last thread view holdouts (I would go by frequently and would post around once a month), and I noticed that the kicking and screaming on the USC board about the switch from thread view was pretty much just like what you saw here. It used to be a really dynamic board, they didn't quite have the traffic we've always seen there, but it was a good board, lots of intelligent posters. That board's finished now, it seems, just like the Michigan and OSU free Rivals boards, a damn shame. When you got into discussions with people like Anison, DaytonBuck, or The King Ad Buck, you'd get a good, genial football discussion out of it. Now, you know better than to go there. Ah, bitching about football message boards for not my team, I guess I got my priorities in order.

You have to wonder what the McAndrew board is doing to stay as lively as it is.

Hey Sarge, remember that big fight we had on the USC board back in the day? Good times.

Reactions: BBrown
Well, they just signed Angeline a few minutes ago, so you'd think they'd be happy about that.
Plus, you would think that they would be chewing on the Diddy story.

I have been lectured that the new format is great for mobile devices. Do then not use mobile devices any longer in the City of Angels?

Plus, you would think that they would be chewing on the Diddy story.

I have been lectured that the new format is great for mobile devices. Do then not use mobile devices any longer in the City of Angels?

They may be too bogged down by the latest Kardashian scandal to pay attention to the new boards on their mobile devices.

Well, they just signed Angeline a few minutes ago, so you'd think they'd be happy about that.

Signing for this class is in February 2016, I thought CJF might take 2 TE's in this class, but it does not look like it now....

When the topics are sorted by start date, the 50th most recent post on the USC board is dated June 2, ours is Wednesday night. USC was one of the last thread view holdouts (I would go by frequently and would post around once a month), and I noticed that the kicking and screaming on the USC board about the switch from thread view was pretty much just like what you saw here. It used to be a really dynamic board, they didn't quite have the traffic we've always seen there, but it was a good board, lots of intelligent posters. That board's finished now, it seems, just like the Michigan and OSU free Rivals boards, a damn shame. When you got into discussions with people like Anison, DaytonBuck, or The King Ad Buck, you'd get a good, genial football discussion out of it. Now, you know better than to go there. Ah, bitching about football message boards for not my team, I guess I got my priorities in order.

Hey Sarge, remember that big fight we had on the USC board back in the day? Good times.
Jim, I really HATE this new method of posting. I used to be able to scroll through the whole board in no time, and read what I wanted to read. Now, I have to go through a long list of posts, which are in the order of when they were posted. It sucks donkey dick.
Yeah, and I'm answering Jim. I don't give a rat's ass if you don't care for this post, so save yourself the typing. I will not respond except to Jim.

Jim, I really HATE this new method of posting. I used to be able to scroll through the whole board in no time, and read what I wanted to read. Now, I have to go through a long list of posts, which are in the order of when they were posted. It sucks donkey dick.
Yeah, and I'm answering Jim. I don't give a rat's ass if you don't care for this post, so save yourself the typing. I will not respond except to Jim.
Yeah, I don't like it any more than you do, but I try to maintain, and I do feel I owe it to Tom to stick around. I was hoping that your absense was due more to the Phillies being so bad instead of the loss of thread view, but I guess I'm off base here. Don't be a stranger on this board, I'm not your only fan here, remember that.

It's more the new mods than the switch in formats, but that played a part. Also there isn't anything to argue about. Sark's still new, many do not trust that his coaching can match his recruiting, but it's too early to say it. It's mostly the new mods though. When the old mods left, young guys took over and lost control. It seems like the spirit of the board is dead. Came here looking for opinions on Angeline, just thought I'd chime in.

It's more the new mods than the switch in formats, but that played a part. Also there isn't anything to argue about. Sark's still new, many do not trust that his coaching can match his recruiting, but it's too early to say it. It's mostly the new mods though. When the old mods left, young guys took over and lost control. It seems like the spirit of the board is dead. Came here looking for opinions on Angeline, just thought I'd chime in.
Thanks for the two cents. Damn shame, I really thought the USC board was dynamic, a lot of good posters.

They have other issues right now...

images

Whoops. Just realized you were probably talking about the free board. In that case then, yes I would attribute that directly to the changing format. I'll also add that it seems like the fan bases from the big cities have more dynamic conversation. Every once in a while I'll come here or to the Rutgers board, even certain UCLA boards are funny. That's been my experience anyways.

Quit whining Nancy!!!

You're always welcome to jump in anytime on this board. Not many SC fans stop by but we do have Cal and Ute fans here so you can feel more at home. ;)

Whoops. Just realized you were probably talking about the free board. In that case then, yes I would attribute that directly to the changing format. I'll also add that it seems like the fan bases from the big cities have more dynamic conversation. Every once in a while I'll come here or to the Rutgers board, even certain UCLA boards are funny. That's been my experience anyways.
Yeah, the free board.

You have to understand with Tom Bradley in town, he's been poaching posters off that board.

Reactions: psute

I don't visit a lot of other boards but there are a few and for those posters that were calling us all "old" and "nobody whines more than this board" did not venture over to the USC and Michigant St. boards during and directly after the change over.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
I don't visit a lot of other boards but there are a few and for those posters that were calling us all "old" and "nobody whines more than this board" did not venture over to the USC and Michigant St. boards during and directly after the change over.

I don't think our critics like it any better than we do BB. You just don't see them around much anymore after there initial frolic at criticizing us.

And they have almost never started a thread topic of their own during this transition period.

What they liked, I think, was it gave them yet another opportunity to post snark in 140 characters or less. But, that got old quickly, I guess

>>What they liked, I think, was it gave them yet another opportunity to post snark in 140 characters or less. But, that got old quickly, I guess<<

LOL.:D

Yeah, I don't like it any more than you do, but I try to maintain, and I do feel I owe it to Tom to stick around. I was hoping that your absense was due more to the Phillies being so bad instead of the loss of thread view, but I guess I'm off base here. Don't be a stranger on this board, I'm not your only fan here, remember that.
Jim I fee about the same way you do, especially relative to Tom. The thing I dislike most about the new way is, some threads should just die, but with this format, any idiot can revive them will just a 'bump' and bang they are in front of the line again!!! (top of the board)
You got to admit, all of us will miss Tom spelling EAGLES out in consecutive posts!

Reactions: EPC FAN
Jim I fee about the same way you do, especially relative to Tom. The thing I dislike most about the new way is, some threads should just die, but with this format, any idiot can revive them will just a 'bump' and bang they are in front of the line again!!! (top of the board)
You got to admit, all of us will miss Tom spelling EAGLES out in consecutive posts!
Yeah, I really would love to be able to spell out R E D S K I N S after they win the Super Bowl next year. Oh well, I'll muddle through without that, somehow.

ADVERTISEMENT