ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Question about the Real ID's...

BBrown

Jul 27, 2001
Baltimore, MD
I had mine done last week, MD, and I got it on Friday.
Is everyone else's picture incredibly washed out and in B&W?
I mean I take pics for peoples Passport photos and this thing would have never been accepted.
I guess I'll take my passport just in case.

I mean I take pics for peoples Passport photos and this thing would have never been accepted.
PAs pic is fine

iu

• Haha
Reactions: Obliviax and BBrown

And for even more irony. The company I work for is German owned and HQ is in Balingen.
I found it more than a little ironic and scary that when the Lockdown happened they "issued me papers" so that I could travel back and forth to work. :eek:

I got mine in Missouri last year. Two pictures (one large and one small), both in full color. Larger picture has very good quality/clarity but not as good as PP quality/clarity/size... and smaller one is a little less clear.

Reactions: BBrown
I got mine in Maryland last fall. That was when my old license was expiring. I didn't have to bring in any paperwork then so when I took the paperwork in a month ago they told me they didn't need to take another picture.

Reactions: BBrown
Ohio’s is black and white.

Mine is Ohio. Two pictures, both black & white. Large one is clear enough but not totally clear. Smaller one is "washed out" as you described. I think they focus on the larger picture and the imbedded info. Haven't had any issues traveling domestically. Of course internationally, I carried my passport and the Driver's License.

Last edited:
I got my Real ID a while ago, but I don't remember it being washed out or in black and white. It's strange that your picture turned out that way, especially since you take passport photos for people. Maybe it's just a fluke, but I would definitely bring your passport with you just in case. Better safe than sorry, right? Also, speaking of IDs, have you heard of the Prime ID Scanner from https://www.idanalyzer.com/products/prime-id-scanner.html? I actually use it for work to check my customers' IDs, and it's been a game changer. It's so easy to use and makes sure that we're only accepting valid forms of identification. It might be helpful for you to check out as well!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT