ADVERTISEMENT

OT: My Cane Corso vomits too frequently.

LionJim

Oct 8, 2003
Levittown, PA to Olney, MD
Enzo upchucks around twice a week. Any suggestions? He seems healthy otherwise. Someone has suggested that we get his food bowl placed on a shelf so he doesn't have to stoop down. Any suggestions appreciated.

Don't let him read this board so much.

iu

Does nausea increase when Lee is making predictions?

Enzo upchucks around twice a week. Any suggestions? He seems healthy otherwise. Someone has suggested that we get his food bowl placed on a shelf so he doesn't have to stoop down. Any suggestions appreciated.
The dog may be eating too quickly. How many times per day are you feeding the dog? Smaller, more frequent feedings may help in addition to the elevated food bowl.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
you can buy elevated food and water bowls. I did for mine. Lots of advantages especially for larger breeds. Probably won't affect the upchuck problem though.

LJ: Does he eat once or twice a day.....I've always fed my bassets twice a day. Is he sick the same time relative to eating.....or is he maybe sick because of eating grass / mulch / yard stuff? They do have platforms that are raised maybe 6-8" that hold a food dish and a water dish.....but I'd buy an "eat slow" dog dish first.....it's a dish raised in the middle, sorta like a bundt cake form. FIRST thing though is I'd ask your vet for his / her opinion. Good luck!

Feed 3 times a day Lift bowl to12 in .

If we feed our dog too early in the evening, he will often start the heaving routine the next morning if his stomach is completely empty. We feed 4 smaller meals now which seems to have solved the problem.

As a DVM..... "see a DVM". Lots of possibilities. Many as suggested, however, mega-esophagus??? Start of some gastric problems, partial obstruction of the stomach (sock). Easier to deal with sooner then later. Radiographs will help as will other suggestions by your DVM.

Reactions: step.eng69
As a DVM..... "see a DVM". Lots of possibilities. Many as suggested, however, mega-esophagus??? Start of some gastric problems, partial obstruction of the stomach (sock). Easier to deal with sooner then later. Radiographs will help as will other suggestions by your DVM.
Routinely throwing up is not normal for a dog. I'd take him to the vet.

That is what I was also thinking-an obstruction in digestive system

Ha - my family border collie was named Enzo....

Get dog to vet. Possible obstruction. Also consider allergy testing. Might be a dog food issue. Try Natural Balance brand dog food, specifically venison/sweet potato (purple label bag).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT