ADVERTISEMENT

OT: LIV Golf and PGA Merge

Back to Rory, $850m would be tough to pass up. As DJ said, "As a professional golfer, it was a simple choice. I can play half the time and make twice the money no matter the result."
It really comes down to what they want for their future, legacy, etc. Would you rather take a huge bundle of $$$ and work less, or continue playing on the best circuit in the world and keep grinding to improve, have access to majors, playing in more prestigious events in front of more fans, etc. It would be a tough choice for me, as once you have the $ that these guys have, winning big events/majors and cementing a legacy might trump even more $.

Personally, whether he stays or goes won't affect how much golf I watch or my interest level in any event. There are so many good young players on the tour right now

I'm surprised that he isn't going to LIV. It was reported that he is moving back to the UK. I assumed it was a precursor to joining LIV.

pretty interesting observation by one of the game's best, Gary Player. I recently saw an interview with Scottie Scheffler's coach. Scottie, if you didn't know, has won 5 of his last six tournaments including a very difficult Masters (he came in second in the one he didn't win). His coach said that Scottie has no weaknesses and they weren't working on anything. he went on to say that this was the first time he's said that or can think of any other golf coach saying. It gave him anxiety to say it because it sounds so bad but after examining Scottie's play, could come to no other conclusion other than to ride it out for as long as they can.

Reactions: dailybuck777
I’m not quite sure what derailed Jordon Speith’s career but I think he “monkeyed” around with his swing too much as well. Perhaps trying to chase distance. However, I don’t believe he ever changed coaches.

Reactions: Obliviax
pretty interesting observation by one of the game's best, Gary Player. I recently saw an interview with Scottie Scheffler's coach. Scottie, if you didn't know, has won 5 of his last six tournaments including a very difficult Masters (he came in second in the one he didn't win). His coach said that Scottie has no weaknesses and they weren't working on anything. he went on to say that this was the first time he's said that or can think of any other golf coach saying. It gave him anxiety to say it because it sounds so bad but after examining Scottie's play, could come to no other conclusion other than to ride it out for as long as they can.

I don't think Gary player is giving enough credit to Butch Harmon who was originally tigers first pro coach. It seemed like Butch helped tiger a lot. Also, Player's comments about the coaches are sort of funny because I remember hearing multiple times that Gary Player was always fooling around with his swing and would even listen to journalists.

Reactions: Obliviax
I don't think Gary player is giving enough credit to Butch Harmon who was originally tigers first pro coach. It seemed like Butch helped tiger a lot. Also, Player's comments about the coaches are sort of funny because I remember hearing multiple times that Gary Player was always fooling around with his swing and would even listen to journalists.
Didn't Tiger replace Butch at some point in the middle of his career? maybe player was trying to say he screwed up by moving on from Butch.

Secondly, while Player won nine majors, he never had the complete game Tiger did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT