ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Just heard on NHL Radio Network that Arizona Coyotes are moving to . . .

Don't those southern or warmer weather cities love their NHL team like Tampa, Charlotte or Raleigh wherever it is, Nashville?

Don't those southern or warmer weather cities love their NHL team like Tampa, Charlotte or Raleigh wherever it is, Nashville?
I think this would be a good move. Phoenix hasn’t exactly rolled out the red carpet for the Coyotes. In fact, the city of Glendale threatened to lock them out of their arena which prompted the move to ASU.

Reactions: Obliviax
I was a season ticket holder when they were downtown - in an arena that had obstructed view seats behind one of the nets. When they moved to Glendale, I gave up the seats since they were on the far NW side of the valley and the commute would be horrendous for 40 games.

The cities have been playing games with each other in the “fight” for and against the arena.

I don’t blame them if they leave, but I’d love to see them get a home closer to the center of the valley so they can draw fans from the entire area.

Reactions: Kasparaitis
I thought the NHL was preventing them from leaving Phoenix?
They have seemingly given up trying to save them. It's just not working there. They can buy the team then flip them for like 1.3B. Then, when they expand, they can try Arizona again if they get things figured out.

There's a ton of better places that could actually support hockey. Quebec City, Houston, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Milwaukee, etc. Some would say Atlanta but they failed twice.

SLC is a good option for them. First, they won't be playing when it is 110 degrees outside. Second, they won't be competing with MLB and NFL franchises. third, there are lots of coyotes in SLC.

Reactions: Kasparaitis
But Phoenix is about to explode with three major chip plants under construction. Something like 10-15,000 jobs averaging $150,000/yr.

That would be a huge number of season ticket holders!

But Phoenix is about to explode with three major chip plants under construction. Something like 10-15,000 jobs averaging $150,000/yr.

That would be a huge number of season ticket holders!
Then they consider it for expansion--they currently need to move

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT