ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Financially speaking, when would you ideally plan a trip to Greece?

Michael.Felli

Mar 19, 2013
Today, I think the ratio euro:dollar is 1:1.10 and falling. Grexit or not, that ratio should be near 1:1 very soon.

So, if Greece defaults (or bails), would any of you suggest a Greek vacation (in the not too distant future)? I've never been to Greece. I always opt to go to Italy.

But, if things were financially beneficial to go to Greece instead, I would certainly go. Do you "financial gurus" concur? Is it time to book a Greece vacation?

Today, I think the ratio euro:dollar is 1:1.10 and falling. Grexit or not, that ratio should be near 1:1 very soon.

So, if Greece defaults (or bails), would any of you suggest a Greek vacation (in the not too distant future)? I've never been to Greece. I always opt to go to Italy.

But, if things were financially beneficial to go to Greece instead, I would certainly go. Do you "financial gurus" concur? Is it time to book a Greece vacation?

Depending on how things play out, things could become pretty chaotic there. Your question is the equivalent to asking when will the next correction take place in the stock market. I'd be very careful.

I'd not go now, as it has been noted that you can only take out 50 euros at a time from an ATM.

1988.....if you can find a wormhole. The drachma/dollar exchange rate was very good at that time. If you can't time travel, then wait until things settle down, they don't really have a stable currency at this point. If you show up with dollars now, you will get very good deals, but you are also likely to get "rolled" until things stablize

Well, financially speaking, whenever one (or more) of 'ro's sig pics wants to go with me.

Thusly, with reality speaking, the closest I'm getting to Greece was two days ago.....Greek Fest at our local Greek Orthodox Church!

Whatever their one desert was called.....looked like donut holes with sweet honey poured over them....damn, they were good!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT