ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Can anyone recommend a decent power washer...

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
most notably to clean the side of the house. Don't want to spend over 200 if possible.

Thanks.

I just bought a Ryobi 2800 PSI gas power washer last week from HomeDepot. It's $299 and worked great. Glad I didn't settle for any fewer PSI. I don't think the electric ones at 1800 would have done the job.

To clean siding, any power washer will do. What you really need is the wand extension, or a good ladder with a hose extension. That's what you really need to focus on, assuming you don't want to hire someone every few years.

Reactions: psu1969a
It depends on how high your house is. Although I'm not sure how high my in-laws house is (estimate 35 feet max), I cleaned it from green mold with a 1300 psi electric. I had to climb on a ladder to reach the highest points and I got a little wet but I got it done. If your house is like theirs (greens over every two to three years) you may not want to hire it out (again dependent on how high your house is) because that can be a significant cost over time.

Reactions: psu1969a
I just bought a Ryobi 2800 PSI gas power washer last week from HomeDepot. It's $299 and worked great. Glad I didn't settle for any fewer PSI. I don't think the electric ones at 1800 would have done the job.

most notably to clean the side of the house. Don't want to spend over 200 if possible.

Thanks.

HD has two electric Ryobi pressure washers, one 1700 psi for $159 and a 2000 psi model for $199. I'm seriously thinking about buying the latter for cleaning siding, deck, and sidewalk.

I just bought the 1700 from Home Depot. Guy was honest and said it shoots more like 1800 and they sale a ton of them for that price.

Just did this to my house. Honestly, you will need an extendable pole and brush to do the job right. No pressure washer is going to remove the dirt. A bucket of simple green and water and then your hose will work, once the dirt is loose.

Honda engine. Brand doesn't matter as much otherwise, but you are going to pay closer to $300.

It don't matter. I won't use it enough to pay a lot.
It doesn't sound as if you really care about how the siding gets cleaned, or more importantly, how well.

I highly recommend that you not do it yourself and hire a contractor to do it for you. There are thousands of contractors out there who will lie to you about how good of a job they will do, gladly take your payment and then quickly make up excuses/lies later on about why the job didn't meet your expectations.

It's your dime...if you don't care...no one else will or should.

I just bought the 1700 from Home Depot. Guy was honest and said it shoots more like 1800 and they sale a ton of them for that price.
How do you know the guy was honest? He works at Home Depot for minimum wage. it sounds like he said stuff that sounded good to you.

Can I possibly sell you your next vehicle?

How's it working for you? Talk me out of the 2000 psi model and save me money.

It was raining when I got home. I did spray it on my patio a bit and it cleaned the few blocks nice. So I can't wait to run it on Saturday.

You get 3 nozzles with it. It's easy to assemble and has cord holders for both power and the hose, plus a holster for the nozzle.

Pretty nice looking washer.

ADVERTISEMENT