ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Astros pitcher OberHoltzer ejected for beaning A Rod

simons96

Feb 3, 2013
Plano, TX
LINK

the guy was getting shelled by the Yankees (though Houston would come back and tie the game at 6, Yankees eventually won) and maybe looked to get pulled early.

Funniest thing about the video was CC Sabathia coming out of the dugout. I guess if I were 3-7 and holding my team out of 1st place, I'd probably want to seem like I belonged on that roster . . .

LINK

the guy was getting shelled by the Yankees (though Houston would come back and tie the game at 6, Yankees eventually won) and maybe looked to get pulled early.

Funniest thing about the video was CC Sabathia coming out of the dugout. I guess if I were 3-7 and holding my team out of 1st place, I'd probably want to seem like I belonged on that roster . . .

Haha yeah so awesome. What a joker. I'm so glad you posted this. Thanks. #greatpost #awesome #yankeessuck #thrilled

Haha yeah so awesome. What a joker. I'm so glad you posted this. Thanks. #greatpost #awesome #yankeessuck #thrilled

I am a diehard Yankees fan, get it from my mom (I still remember the day she retired the Joe Namath card from her bathroom mirror for Derek Jeter, LOL) but I have a sense of humor about the team. A Rod is a very talented player, but his attitude - and ability to choke under pressure - leaves many Yankees fans luke warm to him.

Chunk Chunk (as I not so fondly call Sabathia) has been a miserable albatross around our necks for a while . . .

Reactions: fairgambit
I am a diehard Yankees fan, get it from my mom (I still remember the day she retired the Joe Namath card from her bathroom mirror for Derek Jeter, LOL) but I have a sense of humor about the team. A Rod is a very talented player, but his attitude - and ability to choke under pressure - leaves many Yankees fans luke warm to him.

Chunk Chunk (as I not so fondly call Sabathia) has been a miserable albatross around our necks for a while . . .
If Sabathia were a professional, he would not be pitching 80 lbs. over weight. His demise was totally predictable, 8 years ago. George Steinbrenner, were he alive, would call him out as a "fat toad."

If Sabathia were a professional, he would not be pitching 80 lbs. over weight. His demise was totally predictable, 8 years ago. George Steinbrenner, were he alive, would call him out as a "fat toad."

he won 74 games for the Yankees in his first 4 years, but he's been mediocre since then. and I agree his off season exercise regiment seems to be lifting boxes of Oreo cookies to his mouth

LINK

Too bad he didn't get a chanced to bean the whole damn team!

I hate the Yankee's (less a few exceptions).

You dont understand...CC was a good pitcher when he was 80 lbs over weight and eating 2 boxes of capt. crunch a day, since he lost the weights.....well................not good at all.

than Yankees management has been throwing balls at arod all year. They're going to love him when he dimes out Jeter and Rivera.

CC has been "heavy" since the Tribe drafted him as an 18 year old kid. That is nothing new. This is what they Yankees do...they way overpay for a guy knowing they will just spend their way out of the problem down the road. Yankees haven't been all that good for the last several years....yet their payroll is $219,000,000. The Giants, winners of three of the last five WS, payroll is $50,000,000 per year less.

LINK

The sad think is, he didn't even hit A-Rod. Get thrown out of the game for bad intentions? Get's worse for the guy, he got sent down to the minors today.

Actions have consequences. He was getting hammered and wanted to get out of the game. Manager wasn't making a move. Catcher set up on the outside and he threw directly at Arods belt. Was obvious there was intent to the pitch. The demotion shows what the Astros thought of his move. He stopped competing, he was frustrated and not willing to "take one for the team".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT