ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anybody have experience w/ Apple Airport Extreme?

I echo all of the above comments. I replaced my old router 6 months ago because it wasn't docsys 3.0 and opted for the AirPort Extreme. I set it up from my iPad. Great range, and everything connects to it seamlessly. I'm currently using my iPad outside on my patio, several rooms removed from the router and I have a full signal.

Wi-Fi router?

I have both the Express and the Extreme. I bought the Express about 5 years ago and it did a great job covering the entire house with nary a problem. I found I was taking it with me whenever I travel (since it is so compact) that I bought the Extreme 6 months ago and now use that as my primary house network.

If you don't also have an Express, you might want to buy one of those as well, especially if you want to use more than one device on a hotel network. See attached.http://www.officetime.net/blog/usin...-to-get-free-hotel-wifi-for-all-your-devices/

I have 3 AE setup in my house and they work fine, say to setup and troubler afterward. Only issue is they can be picky about connecting with other non-Apple routers / bridges / or extenders.

ADVERTISEMENT