ADVERTISEMENT

One thing I really appreciate about this board is the freedom to post about individual recruits.

19333lion

Jan 30, 2016
You have to be a subscriber to post anything on 24/7 and Tom McA really controls recruiting threads, limiting them to entire classes, rather than individuals. I think that stifles discussion more than promoting it. I like his board overall; I just wish there were more latitude to do what Richard allows.

Reactions: bison13
I really don’t follow recruiting at all. But I get what you are saying about this board vs the other one. The McA board has almost become impossible to visit for me. I don’t like how every topic is compartmentalized over there. Whatever you want to talk about, it’s almost as if has to fit in one of the already created buckets. I don’t like that. It really limits discussion. I rarely even visit the board anymore because of it. It’s a shame too because I like TMac and most of the posters over there.

You have to be a subscriber to post anything on 24/7 and Tom McA really controls recruiting threads, limiting them to entire classes, rather than individuals. I think that stifles discussion more than promoting it. I like his board overall; I just wish there were more latitude to do what Richard allows.
Lord McA, on top of his other obvious failings, thought that one super thread was somehow a better way to manage topics. It wasn't. 40 page threads with 50 different topics inside is an unintelligible mess. There is nothing I miss about that petty tyrant.

We love that you are enjoying the board. Would we like it to be a bit more organized / less hectic at times? Probably but as long as rules are being followed and everyone is acting in a civil manner, we're okay with it.
Which is why a strict policy of monitoring political spew is vital. Nothing like a little fanaticism to bring out the worst in people. Keeping it to PSU sports should be the Golden Rule for this and other PSU-related boards.

Lord McA, on top of his other obvious failings, thought that one super thread was somehow a better way to manage topics. It wasn't. 40 page threads with 50 different topics inside is an unintelligible mess. There is nothing I miss about that petty tyrant.
That board killed itself by not shunting all JS talk (and the visiting trolls) to the test board. It was 6-7 years of sheer torture wading through all that crap - I ended up spending most of the time on the wrestling board

Which is why a strict policy of monitoring political spew is vital. Nothing like a little fanaticism to bring out the worst in people. Keeping it to PSU sports should be the Golden Rule for this and other PSU-related boards.
When some posters bring politics into nearly every thread (ie, this one that has nothing to do with it at all), @Dylan Callaghan-Croley and @Richard Schnyderite have their hands full.

Jesus Christ...you even have to bring politics into this thread?

Now, I'm just waiting to hear how this reflects poorly on Ohio State.
What politics did I bring into the thread? Pointing out that politics were permitted on the old board if it matched the monitor's views but censored if it did not? I didn't post anything political. I posted an observation about how the old board was run. It sure isn't political to acknowledge that McAndrew censored what is now known and universally accepted as covid related truths. That actually occurred pretty frequently and many here can attest to it.

Also, some here find it offensive when you take the Lord's name in vain. There is no need for you to do that. Maybe you should try to be more considerate of others.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13 and Ski
When some posters bring politics into nearly every thread (ie, this one that has nothing to do with it at all), @Dylan Callaghan-Croley and @Richard Schnyderite have their hands full.

Incorrect Erial, respectfully. No politics were discussed in this thread.
Chickman Testa said the Lord McAsshat board was hurt by too much politics and JS.
Online Persona agreed and said that Lord Asshat allowed politics, when he agreed with it, and shut down (and threatened to ban) any political statements he disagreed with, saying it was against the rules.

In a discussion about the difference between BWI and Happy Valley Insider, the tyranny of Lord Asshat is pertinent.

Incorrect Erial, respectfully. No politics were discussed in this thread.
Chickman Testa said the Lord McAsshat board was hurt by too much politics and JS.
Online Persona agreed and said that Lord Asshat allowed politics, when he agreed with it, and shut down (and threatened to ban) any political statements he disagreed with, saying it was against the rules.

In a discussion about the difference between BWI and Happy Valley Insider, the tyranny of Lord Asshat is pertinent.
Actually, McAndrew and in particular the way he left this board trying to deceive people into thinking that it was shutting down is a big reason that I very rarely ever even check in on that site. He's a dishonest person. We all witnessed it. So, aside from the issues many have with how he runs his page, it's hard to give it clicks when you have witnessed his dishonesty.

Actually, McAndrew and in particular the way he left this board trying to deceive people into thinking that it was shutting down is a big reason that I very rarely ever even check in on that site. He's a dishonest person. We all witnessed it. So, aside from the issues many have with how he runs his page, it's hard to give it clicks when you have witnessed his dishonesty.
Agreed. If the FBI ever searches my computer, they will not find On3 in my browser history. ;)
When the On3 coup was in process, it was obvious to anyone who understood the Rivals structure, how this would play out. Rivals generally had agreements with local journalists to publish under the rivals website. Legacy pubs like BWI were allowed to retain their branding on the Rivals website.
When Grosz decided to take an offer from On3, it just meant that the BWI journos were going to publish on a different website. Rivals lost the talents of Ryan and Nate and the BWI logo. They were replaced by Dylan and Richard and a new logo.

I remember typing as much, but as you note, the bozo McAndrew allowed people to be deceived.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13 and Ski
I saw no dishonestly whatsoever with the move...if people's reading comprehension is such that they couldn't comprehend what was happening and/or read between the lines, then I'd put it on them, not on Tom.

Reactions: mn78psu83
100% . He made it sound like the board, and all its history, would disappear. There were multiple threads about what a loss that would be and he never corrected anything.

Worse, he put up a thread explaining where he was going and how to get there. Said he ‘had to be cautious’ on what he could say but made it so clear the thread got deleted. Then a couple of his fan boys picked up the ball and posted the same.

It was egregious enough that I wouldn’t be surprised if a couple lawsuits were the result. But that depends on how the contracts were written.

I really don’t follow recruiting at all. But I get what you are saying about this board vs the other one. The McA board has almost become impossible to visit for me. I don’t like how every topic is compartmentalized over there. Whatever you want to talk about, it’s almost as if has to fit in one of the already created buckets. I don’t like that. It really limits discussion. I rarely even visit the board anymore because of it. It’s a shame too because I like TMac and most of the posters over there.
Agree with this. And 99% of the content in each compartment is nothing but Tom pasting Twitter links. The discussion on that board is almost non-existent now. I like many posters there too but the board has almost no value now. If I wanted to read a bunch of Twitter posts I'll read Twitter, not a message board. In the end the sum of both boards is not as good as the one was before the split. I spend much less time on either of them now.

Agree with this. And 99% of the content in each compartment is nothing but Tom pasting Twitter links. The discussion on that board is almost non-existent now. I like many posters there too but the board has almost no value now. If I wanted to read a bunch of Twitter posts I'll read Twitter, not a message board. In the end the sum of both boards is not as good as the one was before the split. I spend much less time on either of them now.
If I want twitter accounts to the Eagles, Sixers, the Phillies or to the Flyers ("hate" all Philly teams). I'd subscribe to their accounts. Plus, I can google George Washington, If I want . . .

I don’t do twitter or the other types of social media other than a few forums

I don’t do twitter or the other types of social media other than a few forums
Then you should not want it here either. I used to like the class by class recruiting threads, but now all they are is twitter announcements of new offers but very little real info about the recruits, who are likely targets, etc. His board is as worthless as he is.

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT