ADVERTISEMENT

On a slow day how about a question? Who's been a member of this board the longest. I joined

Front Range was responsible for the Portland Cement Crack of the Week. However, he was not responsible for the Kournakova Fridays. FWIW, Front Range posts very, very infrequently on the Wrestling board, though not on any other BWI boards.
Front Range was always one of my favorite posters. Clear, rational, and passionate. One hell of a nice guy.

My favorites from the Plotit days:

1. Nutmeg- world's first douchenozzle.

2. Jan and Chas- the original Mannheim Steamroller.

3. the person who created the Joe Gyzb fraud.
Fraud Squad? was quite the character.

in Nov of 2001. That really makes me sound old. I guess I am. I remember some of the posters from back then and some of the ones we've lost since then. Carol, who changed to Carol1, and can't remember his name but he and his wife were killed in a car accident. Very sad. I always enjoyed their perspective. Life goes on but don't forget the past.

It's been so long, I forget, to tell the truth. I'm pretty sure I was on ploitit.com and I know I was on the Listserver, which I really liked.

I do wish Bernie & Front Range would come back, even if just for a cameo. Crack Of The Week was top notch stuff. :)

Reactions: cronk and BBrown
I go back to 2000 or 2001 but I will say the day this became a community for me was Sept. 11, 2001 and the weeks afterwards.

It was pretty amazing the info that came via this board (in thread view) and the information I was able to pass along being in the city at the time (at a major bank).

LdN

I go back to 2000 or 2001 but I will say the day this became a community for me was Sept. 11, 2001 and the weeks afterwards.

It was pretty amazing the info that came via this board (in thread view) and the information I was able to pass along being in the city at the time (at a major bank).

LdN

Yea this board SHINES in times of trouble.
From 911 to the Boston bombing to the firestorms in St. Louis and Baltimore,
this board rocks with information. Frankly its better than 99% of the news services.

Found the board in the weeks leading up to the Kentucky game in 1998. Posted under the Nit-An_E for the first decade and have been under this one for seven years.

Remember the poster Wildcat! leading up to the KOC. Chrisnit'80, MarshCreekEagle, Bernie, MaryAnne were the frequent posters. There was a poster called Laugher who always had hysterical crack responses. Captain Panther was great at reigning in the Pitt trolls before anyone knew what a troll was.

Been reading since 1993, login the same since created somewhere around then. Used to have great, HUGE, chats late 90's and early 00s.

Reactions: Mary Anne
man, y'all are so old!!!

BTW Bernie, FR and a bunch of those guys some of you mentioned are still Penn State fans, just don't visit this board much if at all...and still great folks to tailgate with

still hoping to get myself to another @Tom McAndrew tailgate in the near future!

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
and for those of you wondering about the May 29, 2001 dates so many of us old farts share, that was the day Rivals did something with the boards and created all new profiles for us back in 2001, we used to have badges that changed randomly that gave different months but ever since the newest change, all of us are 52901

Yep! Whatever happened to Kassandro? Some of the members, ladies I would guess, didn't approve but it sure made Fridays fun.

I haven't seen a post from him in a long time. Hope nothing happened to him. I remember all of them. Seems like the board has really changed since those posters haven't participated or passed. New blood means different priorities-not bad just different.

He last posted a few days ago.

Apparently I only joined in '03, but I was reading on here since my sophomore year.

Which would be another question, who joined at the youngest age? I started reading the site at 19, joined at 21

still hoping to get myself to another @Tom McAndrew tailgate in the near future!

my man, cronk. pardon the pun, but have you locked in which game(s) you are attending this season? I may attend more than the usual number, but I've yet to lock in any. When you know which game(s) you'll be at, post it here, and we'll see if we can get to the same game.

Reactions: cronk
Go back to the plotit days in the mid 90's. When the switch was made I came over to the "new" board. IIRC, people could post on both boards for awhile, but my memory about that may not be accurate.

Apparently I only joined in '03, but I was reading on here since my sophomore year.

Which would be another question, who joined at the youngest age? I started reading the site at 19, joined at 21
My son was 14. I signed up for him. He is graduating with a Master in Accounting in 2 weeks from PSU!

I honestly don't know when I started. I was, to my knowledge, the first "virtual" employee I know. I worked out of my house but my company was in north LA. So unless I was traveling, the board members became my virtual co-workers that I could share monday night football and politics around the water cooler. (my wife calls you all my "imaginary friends"). So in the late 90's, I'd dial in to get PSU football news and stories a couple of times a day. As High Speed came into play, I got into frequenting the board between phone calls, contract revisions, on flights, at airport lounges. I find its also a good place to test out ideas and float straw man ideas. It has improved my typing and emailing skills, as well.

So I am not sure when I started as it was slow then more and more. I'd guess late 90's.

I also go back to the plotit.com days. Some time in 97 or 98 I think. Back then it was generally so civil many used their actual names as their handle and had their emails made public. I posted as Brian Mc back then.

Pretty sure Judge Smails did the Kournikova Fridays. HappyJohn did the look to the south for the Blue Band on home game days.

I found the old site the year we recruited Bruce Branch. I believe that would be 1997.

I also go back to the plotit.com days. Some time in 97 or 98 I think. Back then it was generally so civil many used their actual names as their handle and had their emails made public. I posted as Brian Mc back then.

Pretty sure Judge Smails did the Kournikova Fridays. HappyJohn did the look to the south for the Blue Band on home game days.
Judge Smails was quite active in the day. He was a riot during the Chris Simms fiasco. I don't think ChrisNit had as good of a time though. That poor guy. Some people held him personally responsible.

Reactions: LionJim
Judge Smails was quite active in the day. He was a riot during the Chris Simms fiasco. I don't think ChrisNit had as good of a time though. That poor guy. Some people held him personally responsible.
That's because ChrisNit would say he knew some good info but wouldn't tell us. He played with our emotions.

A turning point for the nastiness factor was the Rashard Casey case. That got downright ugly. Also, Jan and Chas went ballistic over the Jeff Smoker recruiting saga, civility went south pretty quickly there.

Reactions: BBrown
I date back to the plotit days or whatever started this whole thing. I'm not 100% sure I had the same handle at first. I think I first started showing my colors online on ESPN's CFB chat in '96, if not '95, as psublue.

Remind me, was GetReal on this board? Marsh used to be the biggest homer and Joe supporter. Ha-ha!

I joined in the summer of 1999 and I always recall you being on the board at that time.

Wow...I guess I am flattered! I am guessing it was more toward the mid 90's. I started working out of my home in 1991 with a phone and a dial up line using Eudora for emails. I'd check emails four times a day and then get off the line in case someone called...two lines was way too expensive.

As high speed cable came about (mid-90's), I was always connected when at home. Then Wifi at airport lounges....and within the last 6 or 7 years, cellular connections. So I am almost always connected.

I find that I get more "breaking news" here than almost anyplace else (except, now, twitter). I am almost totally off the main stream media like CNN, MSNBC and FOX. They are now "entertainment" and not news. Twitter, and the rest, are killing them as you can now get better news by simply monitoring twitter, tumbler, and other feeds. And, these mediums have exposed how we've been manipulated by them for decades. Back to PSU, the JS situation really exposed the media, IMHO.

A turning point for the nastiness factor was the Rashard Casey case. That got downright ugly. Also, Jan and Chas went ballistic over the Jeff Smoker recruiting saga, civility went south pretty quickly there.

I'd go back even a little further. To the '99 Minny game when things started to go south and Civility checked out.
And yea it was pretty ugly around the Rashard Casey incident although nothing compared to what was coming.
The Dark Years were pretty ugly as well. Thats when the now infamous HowardStern started his ranting. Not sure when he left this board.
Didn't he have a part in the other website that was constantly bashing Joe? (Lashout maybe). If he wasn't the leader of the Joe must go
tribe he was a high ranking official.

Reactions: LionJim

no Tom McA has it right to was Anthony 42 that did kournikova and Kasandro just posted nice eye candy

That's because ChrisNit would say he knew some good info but wouldn't tell us. He played with our emotions.
True. His insider info turned out to be from Phil G., not Phil Simms. Same as the rest of us. :D

Last edited:
I go back to the mid/late 90's as well. It's funny, I thought my name change was unique, it turns out we all had to change...funny. My original handle was just "Nittany Ned".

I too remember Cheeselion, Shrink, Carol as well as MCE and even AK2.

I lurked for years before I actually posted. I figured, better to take some advice from Lincoln
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

The Akron Lion who posted in the late 90s early 2000s was not the current AK2.

in Nov of 2001. That really makes me sound old. I guess I am. I remember some of the posters from back then and some of the ones we've lost since then. Carol, who changed to Carol1, and can't remember his name but he and his wife were killed in a car accident. Very sad. I always enjoyed their perspective. Life goes on but don't forget the past.

mid 90's with plotit... was simply N&B back in the day.

Aug 2001, a few weeks before 9/11.

Yeah, we lost a few posters; CheeseLion, Carol, Shrink....I also think there was a poster before the recent change who announced he had some severe illness, and did not think he was going to be around to see the trials come to their fruition.

Also lost CBOT Kevin/FUN160, who was an early member of plotit.com. He died suddenly and unexpectedly about a year ago in August, from a heart condition.

was on the email list serve and then Plotit since the 90s I figure. I wonder if that 2001 date is the day the PLotit site switched over here?? Remember Bernie, ChrisNIt, Cheeselion, who did Kournikova fridays?

I also was on that old e-mail list. I remember Bernie and disagreed with him often. I, however, never was a big contributor and I am even less of one now. My handle has changed since then. Looking at the profile, it looks like I changed it in 2007.

I am pretty sure that was a poster named 'Bayline', IIRC someone on here was friendly or had friends who were friends with he and his wife.

test to see when this account was created and if it still works. Been around since maybe '91 - before the plotit message board..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT