ADVERTISEMENT

On a slow day how about a question? Who's been a member of this board the longest. I joined

CattyGuy51

Nov 8, 2001
in Nov of 2001. That really makes me sound old. I guess I am. I remember some of the posters from back then and some of the ones we've lost since then. Carol, who changed to Carol1, and can't remember his name but he and his wife were killed in a car accident. Very sad. I always enjoyed their perspective. Life goes on but don't forget the past.

Reactions: fairgambit
in Nov of 2001. That really makes me sound old. I guess I am. I remember some of the posters from back then and some of the ones we've lost since then. Carol, who changed to Carol1, and can't remember his name but he and his wife were killed in a car accident. Very sad. I always enjoyed their perspective. Life goes on but don't forget the past.

That's certainly got to be near the top, although I've heard there is this guy named Tom McAndrew who's been around quite a while too.:) You're right about remembering those who have passed, and I also miss others who have left for other reasons, like the format change. This Board has a lot of interesting people, with various backgrounds and personalities, but nearly all have a unity of interest in Penn State and that is what keeps me coming back.

Aug 2001, a few weeks before 9/11.

Yeah, we lost a few posters; CheeseLion, Carol, Shrink....I also think there was a poster before the recent change who announced he had some severe illness, and did not think he was going to be around to see the trials come to their fruition.

May 29, 2001 is my "official" member since date, but I was a member during the Plotit.com days ... probably 1997 or so.

My profile says May 2001. I do a lot more lurking than posting.

I also go back to the plotit days.

I've been here since the very beginning--can't remember when that was. Started reading Catch Lions Fever in the early '70's.

Reactions: cronk
When you could get first computer in a Holstein box and needed to plug your phone line in...

I'm another Plot It alum. My handle used to be "Jim." I joined in time for the 1999 season and have been on ever since. My "joined" date indicates when I became "LionJim." I forget why I needed to change my handle, but I know it had something to do with login issues.

June 4, 2001. I too go back to the old Plotit.com days.

When you could get first computer in a Holstein box and needed to plug your phone line in...

LOL, yea I remember those days and my awesome 56k modem. LOL.
I officially joined this site July 27th 2001 but I lurked for a good while before I joined.
I also go back to the Plotit days and remember the Chris Simms and Dan Kendra monkey on crack days.

Before this site, I remember I used to call (not very often since it was expensive) a 900 number to get the latest PSU information.

I've been here since the very beginning--can't remember when that was. Started reading Catch Lions Fever in the early '70's.
Started with Catch Lions Fever..............way back when.....................................

Plotit days for me, different handle.
Who is still around that attended the board tailgate before the Arizona game? I know NoVaLion and Mary Ann are still here.

Reactions: Mary Anne and cronk
Been around since the late 90s when Bernie was around and foretold the coming sdaysArk years due to Joe's growing distaste for recruiting.

Mid 90s. Different handle. Left sometime around 2000 or so. Lurked on and off until 2011. Rejoined in 2011 when it hit the fan.

was on the email list serve and then Plotit since the 90s I figure. I wonder if that 2001 date is the day the PLotit site switched over here?? Remember Bernie, ChrisNIt, Cheeselion, who did Kournikova fridays?

I'm a newbie compared to most here. 1/4/2010. ;)

I also go back to the Plotit days and remember the Chris Simms and Dan Kendra monkey on crack days.

Just a clarification. The "monkey on crack" days on the plotit board was after the Kendra flip. That took place in Jan. 1995, and the plotit board was not running at that time.

Who is still around that attended the board tailgate before the Arizona game? I know NoVaLion and Mary Ann are still here.

LOL, good times. Two months or more of listening about how tough Camp Cochise was, and how dominant it would make the Arizona players. And then the frustration of being stuck in the worst traffic I have ever seen getting to the stadium, and arriving after the board tailgate had already broken up.

Mine is May 29, 2001 too. A very popular day.

I actually think that's a mistake generated when the board format changed earlier this year. I gave folks a heads up in either late May or early June of 2001 that the Plotit board was moving to BWI's site. Some folks registered their handles on the Rivals network during that month (to basically claim/protect their handles), but BWI's Rivals site went live on June 29, 2001. As such, I think the May 29, 2001 dates are a mistake.

Kassandro did the Kournikova Fridays, I'm quite sure.

I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. We had a discussion about this in the past year, and somebody did correctly identify who was responsible for Kournikov Fridays. I'm drawing a blank, but I think it was something like anthony42 who made those posts.

Kassandro did the Kournikova Fridays, I'm quite sure.

Yep! Whatever happened to Kassandro? Some of the members, ladies I would guess, didn't approve but it sure made Fridays fun.

I haven't seen a post from him in a long time. Hope nothing happened to him. I remember all of them. Seems like the board has really changed since those posters haven't participated or passed. New blood means different priorities-not bad just different.

Just a clarification. The "monkey on crack" days on the plotit board was after the Kendra flip. That took place in Jan. 1995, and the plotit board was not running at that time.

LOL, good times. Two months or more of listening about how tough Camp Cochise was, and how dominant it would make the Arizona players. And then the frustration of being stuck in the worst traffic I have ever seen getting to the stadium, and arriving after the board tailgate had already broken up.

I actually think that's a mistake generated when the board format changed earlier this year. I gave folks a heads up in either late May or early June of 2001 that the Plotit board was moving to BWI's site. Some folks registered their handles on the Rivals network during that month (to basically claim/protect their handles), but BWI's Rivals site went live on June 29, 2001. As such, I think the May 29, 2001 dates are a mistake.

I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. We had a discussion about this in the past year, and somebody did correctly identify who was responsible for Kournikov Fridays. I'm drawing a blank, but I think it was something like anthony42 who made those posts.

Thanks for the correction Tom, now I'm older than I thought. LOL.
I think I remember some of this from the old AOL sports boards.
I was also in an Email group for about 5 Years of some die hard PSU fans called the Ball State Club including the good ole "Walt" and sometimes "ed" and this is going to be hard for some to fathom MarshCreek. Yes he was reasonable then. LOL.
The Camp Cochise fans were great. Yea the Wildcats practiced in 100º heat they just didn't do it in 90% humidity. One of the hottest games I remember. I also think they did something stupid and came in on Fri. Night and stayed in Harrisburg and took a bus to State College. Not a good move. Thats why I think the SDSU may suffer the same fate.

Yep! Whatever happened to Kassandro? Some of the members, ladies I would guess, didn't approve but it sure made Fridays fun.

He's still around. He went through a stretch when he was working in Europe where he could not post. He thought it was something with BWI, or with his subscription, but that wasn't the case. Phil even contacted Rivals to try to resolve the problem. Either I don't remember how the issue was resolved, or I never read/heard how it was fixed, but K did appear after a long absence. He posts far to infrequently, but I believe all of his most recent posts have been in the Lions Den. His posts still feature an absolutely smoking sig pic -- they never disappoint.

Reactions: LionJim

I haven't seen a post from him in a long time. Hope nothing happened to him. I remember all of them. Seems like the board has really changed since those posters haven't participated or passed. New blood means different priorities-not bad just different.

He doesn't post as much but he's still around. I think I saw a post from him last week.
We also had a longtime poster that was writing a book. LesfromMaine maybe?
We really had some great posters back then. Please Ed come back.

Yeah, I got stuck,in that traffic too. Sat on N. Atherton for 50 minutes and didn't move. Turned around and came in through Toftrees and got there about 2 hours late.

Was Front Range responsible for Kournakova Fridays? How about the Portland Cement Crack of the Week?

Was Front Range responsible for Kournakova Fridays? How about the Portland Cement Crack of the Week?

Front Range was responsible for the Portland Cement Crack of the Week. However, he was not responsible for the Kournakova Fridays. FWIW, Front Range posts very, very infrequently on the Wrestling board, though not on any other BWI boards.

My profile says August 16, 2002, but I also remember the Plotit days in the 90's.
I wish somebody would start a new board ala the recent McAndrew board. I think it would compete very well with this edition of Rivals " new and improved coke."

I'm a member here since Aug. 2001. But, I used to run the board for some of Phil's old radio shows on WRSC with Scott Gesey back in the mid-80's...

I think, but am not certain, that the Monkey on Crack days were after plotit. I don't remember who the poster was, but part of me think it was Cronk.

My favorites from the Plotit days:

1. Nutmeg- world's first douchenozzle.

2. Jan and Chas- the original Mannheim Steamroller.

3. the person who created the Joe Gyzb fraud.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT