ADVERTISEMENT

Non-FCS school(s) you'd like to see Penn State schedule?

LionFan96

Jun 29, 2001
In the spirit of the thread regarding a school you'd like to see Penn State schedule a home and home with (almost all of the answers were major FCS programs), what non-FCS schools would you like to see? For me I'm excited to get to see them play Army this year, and I'd say Navy would be cool to see too, for the armed services factor. Other than that, Boise State and Marshall (the "We are" battle) would make my list.

In the spirit of the thread regarding a school you'd like to see Penn State schedule a home and home with (almost all of the answers were major FCS programs), what non-FCS schools would you like to see? For me I'm excited to get to see them play Army this year, and I'd say Navy would be cool to see too, for the armed services factor. Other than that, Boise State and Marshall (the "We are" battle) would make my list.

Um, FCS is the old Div I-AA. You may mean FBS.... And all of the schools you note are FBS but not major conference schools.

Reactions: psu1969a
Um, FCS is the old Div I-AA. You may mean FBS.... And all of the schools you note are FBS but not major conference schools.

Doh, you're right - I admittedly am still not used to FCS/FBS terms. So yes, I meant the teams previously known as "mid-majors".

For purely selfish reasons, I think it would be funny to see my alma mater, Towson, play in Beaver Stadium. From a game-playing standpoint, it wouldn't be very fun to watch.

The gold standard right now in FCS is North Dakota State. Some others that would be semi-interesting would be Sam Houston State, New Hampshire, and Eastern Washington

The only mid major type teams I'd be interested in are Army, Navy, and Air Force. Air Force often gets overlooked in the academy debate but their campus is pretty impressive too and there's plenty of room for tailgating around their stadium. ;)

The "mid-majors" are generally referred to the Group of 5 or G5 now-a-days. The top conferences (B1G, SEC, Big12, Pac-12, & ACC) are generally referred to the Power 5.

The Delaware Blue Hens! Our new rival!
I work in Delaware and have heard enough from some UD colleagues about how UD could beat Penn State. Would love to host a big tailgate at Beaver Stadium with a bunch of my Blue Hen friends to show them what BIg time college football is all about.

I work in Delaware and have heard enough from some UD colleagues about how UD could beat Penn State. Would love to host a big tailgate at Beaver Stadium with a bunch of my Blue Hen friends to show them what BIg time college football is all about.

You have to tell your Delaware friends to get a grip. They have a losing record to Villanova and they think they will beat Penn State? ;)

Haven't heard much chest thumping talk recently but when UD won the FCS NC during our dark years I had to put up with a lot of garbage from them, almost to the point where I started rooting for them to lose. Too bad, really, because I've been to several UD games and my wife (PSU alum) got her masters there.

UNC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT