ADVERTISEMENT

NLWC vs Penn State Wrestling Club: what's the difference?

railbirrd

Nov 1, 2003
I'm just a PSU wrestling fan, looking for any way within my modest means to support the team. Just wondering what is the difference between the NLWC (I'm a member/sent them some money) and the Penn State Wrestling Club? Second question: who is the mature lady who sits on the team bench during dual meets? Someone's mother? Thanks.

The Nittany Lion Wrestling Club supports the wrestlers that have graduated and moved onto the national and world stage of freestyle wrestling, including the Olympics. Jake Varner, David Taylor, and the like wrestle for the NLWC. For more, go to their website.

The Penn State Wrestling Club is focused on the Penn State University wrestling program, and their charter is to promote and encourage fan support for the Penn State Wrestling program. They do this with socials, newsletters, bus trips, clothing sales, among other things. They also have a website, that is outstanding, by the way.

Cael and the coaching staff run both.

The "mature" woman that is with the team is the team "mom" as I call her. She's an extraordinary resource for all the kids, as they try to balance their academic, athletic and social lives, many far away from home.

Hope this helps.

ADVERTISEMENT