ADVERTISEMENT

NIL collectives no longer tax exempt

Chickadee34

Gold Member
May 2, 2018
Mahanoy, PA
Looks like the collectives can no longer operate under a 501(c) (3) status. Donation to these collectives will no longer be tax deductible.

Reactions: PSU_Nut and bison13
I have a feeling that both the earnings and the under the table distribution of those resources may have both been 'tax exempt' in many cases.
I know it is a joke but ill-gotten gains are NOT tax-exempt. If you sell drugs, that income is taxable. People are often prosecuted for tax evasion for not reporting income on illegal activities.

I know it is a joke but ill-gotten gains are NOT tax-exempt. If you sell drugs, that income is taxable. People are often prosecuted for tax evasion for not reporting income on illegal activities.

Yeah that’s like the “initiative” I heard about where the IRS was reminding thieves and drug dealers to self-report their profits and fair market value of the stolen property on their tax returns and to pay the tax due. As my late father always said, you just can’t fix stupid.

Yeah that’s like the “initiative” I heard about where the IRS was reminding thieves and drug dealers to self-report their profits and fair market value of the stolen property on their tax returns and to pay the tax due. As my late father always said, you just can’t fix stupid.
yep. It is really just a way to tack on more charges to establish a better negotiating position for prosecutors. And sometimes they can't "prove" wrongdoing but can get people for tax evasion if there is income but no taxes paid. That is why there is money laundering and how they caught a lot of drug dealers back in the 80s and 90s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Online Persona
Looks like the collectives can no longer operate under a 501(c) (3) status. Donation to these collectives will no longer be tax deductible.

What

So are we to assume that the money that the "student-athletes" receive is also taxable, except for that which is in turn given to a charitable organization in the athletes name?

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT