ADVERTISEMENT

Nice at bat for Polanco

And now Tony Watson is crapping his pants
Ah, but in the end....
jolly%20roger%20animated.gif

It was just one of those nights for Watson. I get angry when a pitcher comes in and doesn't throw strikes. Every pitcher is going to get lit up once in a while. Watson has definitely earned the benefit of the doubt.

Hey, I blame Hurdle for Watson. He doesn't know when to pull a pitcher. Watson has been great, but after striking out the first batter, he got hit and hit hard...no bloop singles. He should have been yanked ater two sharply hit balls.

There is not a manager in baseball who would have pulled a pitcher with Watson's pedigree any earlier.For better or worse that is simply the way the game is managed today.

There is not a manager in baseball who would have pulled a pitcher with Watson's pedigree any earlier.For better or worse that is simply the way the game is managed today.

I have no problem giving Watson some slack, based on his pedigree. But after three straight, hard hit singles? No way should he have been left in there to give up the base-clearing double. Yes, the manager can play the percentages, but sometimes, you have to have a feel for the game, and know in your gut that Watson didn't have "IT" last night....that's baseball. Sometimes, great pitchers get hit, and Hurdle was too slow with the hook last night.

And then Kang crushes a pitch for a long home run to win the game. Kang has become my favorite Pirate player. They must have great coaching in South Korea. Kang is more fundamentally sound than any other Pirate. I bet two years from now he will be an all-star.

Reactions: psu_83_drummer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT