ADVERTISEMENT

New article on Anthony Cassar ...

Wow. If he speaks the truth it would be an interesting situation and something I never considered.

Smack's not going to 184. That horse left the barn a long time ago. He's been at a pretty solid 210+ for each of the past FOUR offseasons. Maybe he can get to 189.2 for a one-time freestyle weigh-in (that lets him eat/rehydrate back up to 200+ lb before the event), but 184 for a season is unrealistic.

And then there's the pesky fact of Cael having zero wrestlers cut a weight class in his 7 years at PSU.

Great for Cassar to have lofty goals, and I'm certainly encouraged by his progress and future. Stick a gun to my head, I'll bet on the 2x All-American who has beaten Cox, Snyder, Schiller, and Burak over the guy who went 16-8 on the Open circuit.

Reactions: therod
I dont think Cassar would say as much if he didnt think he had a chance against McIntosh. I am sure they have wrestled 100x already in the room. Could be interesting if Cassar continues to improve through the summer/fall. I would honestly be surprised if McIntosh couldnt make 184, his height is average for that weight. Not saying it would be easy and I know it has been discussed a lot on the forums already. The best lineup at 184 & 197 will be some combination of McCutcheon, McIntosh & Cassar, we all know McIntosh has to be at one of the two weight classes but its fun to speculate.

CentralJersey.com has a nice article on PSU's Cassar. You can view it at THIS LINK.

enjoy

Tom
Wow. - Cassar has shown excellent development since arriving at PSU and looked great in the few events I was able to catch. He obviously appears to have some lofty goals, but it would be big surprise if he unseats MM. Can't wait for next season. So many stories with this squad yet to be written.

Reactions: crazylegs2
I know its very likely these two are friends...HOWEVER...When you are as good as McIntosh has been over the coarse of his life it almost certainly means you have a chip on your shoulder when the whistle blows. I know he would not admit it, in part because he seems like a great guy, But I gotta believe some small part of McIntosh is gonna want to show Cassar who is the Big dog in that weight class. I think that wrestle off just got more intense in the mind of McIntosh.

on the Flip Side...Love Cassar's confidence and LOVE how much he has developed under Cael. I would love to see that wrestle off:D

Smack wins that wrestle off easily, let's be real. Much as I love seeing the development of young Cassar, slow down

That's the mindset you've got to have...I'd hope everyone on that team hopes to start at their weight. Game on!

Smack wins that wrestle off easily, let's be real. Much as I love seeing the development of young Cassar, slow down

The only person that seems to disagree with you is Cassar himself, My point was that the wrestle off is probably going to be even more lopsided now that he verbally threw the gauntlet down in front of the entire PSU world.

That's the mindset you've got to have...I'd hope everyone on that team hopes to start at their weight. Game on!

I agree. I would hope everyone on the team has the belief that they can win the starting spot, you just dont hear or see the wrestlers saying it publicly. I applaud Cassar for his confidence but agree it would be an incredible accomplishment to beat MM.

Reactions: burnsie1983
I laughed pretty heavily at the "After the competition, like in Wisconsin, you have a day or two of sightseeing." part at the end. Cassar has seemed to make leaps. Excited to see his future.

Welcome to the board cropduster. We will take you in trade from the Guillotine for Jammie in a heart beat.

Aye, thanks FT. jammen ain't all that bad. In the little time I've lurked here, I've seen him get ya'll with the troll bait. He actually helped me with some tech stuff, though. Good dude that just really doesn't like PSU.

These "rivals" boards are kinda wild. I figured I'd bring my PSU chatter more here, and ease it off the boards on The G.

Aye, thanks FT. jammen ain't all that bad. In the little time I've lurked here, I've seen him get ya'll with the troll bait. He actually helped me with some tech stuff, though. Good dude that just really doesn't like PSU.

These "rivals" boards are kinda wild. I figured I'd bring my PSU chatter more here, and ease it off the boards on The G.
Welcome Crop - enjoy your work on the 'Tine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT