ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR's Jimmie Johnson's mother-in-law in murder-suicide

I am not surprised. I will call it now, the shooter was mentally ill.

Mental illness is one of the biggest problems in our country and does not get enough attention. 2-3 % of the population is bi polar. I would guess at least 10% of the population is mentally ill. 10-15% of bi polar commit suicide.

I am not surprised. I will call it now, the shooter was mentally ill.

Mental illness is one of the biggest problems in our country and does not get enough attention. 2-3 % of the population is bi polar. I would guess at least 10% of the population is mentally ill. 10-15% of bi polar commit suicide.
You are seriously underestimating the numbers.

Reactions: NewEra 2014
What are the percentage of people that shoot people that are diagnosed as bipolar. That would be the relevant stat. Mental illness in this crazy ass Looney tune country is through the roof. Name the top 15 medications prescribed in the US and the diseases for which they are prescribed.

Or if you seriously want to get involved in the study of cause and effect of mass shooters suicide homicide combo murders maybe it might be wise to correlate drugs they were prescribed in the weeks or months before the crime. You might actually have a statistic of value.

Interestingly, bipolar did not exist as a mental disorder until it was whipped up and extracted from manic depressive, manic manic, depressive depressive classifications of cyclothymic personality disorder with extreme psychosis. Mild mood swings were classified as simply cyclothymic personality disorder and we're considered a neurosis.

No matter, the treatment of these cyclothymic personality mood swings was simple in the '50s '60s and '80s. Typically they were treated with lithium. You would be hard pressed to find any statistics that show that people who were psychotics of this type disease were murders of any kind.

Now, The professions replacement of lithium with more exotic and unpredictable medications may have indeed caused change in that regard but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Reactions: pennstatepelly
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT