ADVERTISEMENT

Name a TEAM that you would love to have a Home and Home with?

for me, it would be USC or UGa.[/QUOTT Texas Texas A&M (I've been there for a game and really enjoyed their fans and stadium)

UCLA
LSU
South Carolina
Clemson
Army @ West Point and not neutral site
Navy @Annapolis and not neutral site
Utah
Oregon
Washington
BYU
Arizona or Arizona State
Georgia Tech
UT (Vols)
Vanderbilt
Georgia
Oklahoma

I would love it if PSU ramped up its scheduling with a "we'll play anyone" mentality. I think the insistence on X homes games no matter what, and willingness to schedule UMass to get there, is really short-sighted. I get the money aspect of it, but in the long run this strategy is guaranteed to hurt the demand for season tickets. I don't know how long it will take, maybe a generation, but eventually it will happen. I also don't think there is a good argument that it sets PSU up for a run at a national title. Penn State's last undefeated team was 20 years ago, and that team put Southern Cal on its OOC schedule. I don't think the cupcake route prepares a team for anything. Also, Penn State has gone nearly 30 seasons without playing for a national title. It seems kind of ridiculous to create boring and easy OOC schedules every single season just to make sure that the road is easier during the 2 or 3 seasons per century when everything lines up for you.

We can't afford to only play six home games--especially now. When we shortly go to the 9 game schedule we will have some years where 5 home games are already spoken for. And it's not like Me-Chicken doesn't play App State.... But I do think we can get *one* better team OOC.

We can't afford to only play six home games--especially now. When we shortly go to the 9 game schedule we will have some years where 5 home games are already spoken for. And it's not like Me-Chicken doesn't play App State.... But I do think we can get *one* better team OOC.

It's a standard refrain, but with some creativity I doubt it would be an absolute truth. We can't afford six home games every single year. That much I might believe. Beyond that I am far from convinced.

how come nobody mentioned Syracuse?
It's always good to beat the crap outta them.

It's a standard refrain, but with some creativity I doubt it would be an absolute truth. We can't afford six home games every single year. That much I might believe. Beyond that I am far from convinced.

Like I said, I do think we can get one good team.... Or at least one we haven't seen before.

We are in the same boat. Schedule your P5 team home and home. In the years you have 4 home conference games bring in a P5 team, the following year when you have 5, you travel to them...

Texas A&M
UCLA
LSU
CLEMSON
SOUTH CAROLINA
GEORGIA
GEORGIA TECH
OREGON
WASHINGTON
UTAH
BYU
ARIZONA