ADVERTISEMENT

'Morning Joe' compares JoePa to Bill Cosby

NelsonMunce

Feb 16, 2008
Scarborough and Eugene Robinson just made the analogy…. to quote Robinson, 'Paterno turned a blind eye to what was going on'

Didn't Scarborough have his own 'Teddy Kennedy Experience' concerning a dead woman when he was a congressman?

Scarborough and Eugene Robinson just made the analogy…. to quote Robinson, 'Paterno turned a blind eye to what was going on'

Didn't Scarborough have his own 'Teddy Kennedy Experience' concerning a dead woman when he was a congressman?

No --- nothing even close. He's gotten in trouble a few times at MSNBC --- cussing on air and making political donations without notifying his employer --- but nothing beyond that.

Aside from the fact a prosecutor has said Joe did nothing wrong, that is a stupid comparison. There are absolutely no similarities between the Sandusky and Cosby cases. Critical analysis isn't something we find in the media today.

Reactions: Lionjack99
The body of one of his interns, Lori Klausutis, was found in his office in 2001. The medical examiner, who later lost his license because of making false statements in other autopsies, called it accidental head trauma. Some people believe it was murder -- not necessarily by Scarborough, but by someone with access to his office.

Aside from the fact a prosecutor has said Joe did nothing wrong, that is a stupid comparison. There are absolutely no similarities between the Sandusky and Cosby cases. Critical analysis isn't something we find in the media today.
Actually, there is. Both were convicted in the court of public opinion without due process.

Reactions: furfoot
This is just further validation that the entire Penn Sate Football Criminal Illusion is a result of a serious, media driven Public Relations reputation "tear down". Remember...these media persons are PROFESSIONALS and should be held to a PROFESSIONAL degree of conduct.

At the simplest level....EVERYONE in the media knows:
(1) PA Investigator FINA absolutely stated Paterno DID NOT COVER-UP anything. Based on this ALONE, Paterno and PSU football can not be considered in the same light as this Cosby comment.

(2) Most importantly......After 4 YEARS not one shred of legal evidence or trial activity has even hinted at anyone AT PSU turning a "blind eye" to Sandusky. It does call into question...."Who's been paying for all this misinformation and WHY???"

What has been exposed is that after 4 years - PA government officials, Child Welfare Department, OAG, the NCAA and Freeh - have all conspired to keep the truth HIDDEN from public view.

If the Public story on which these continuing statements of Penn State "guilt" were even remotely true...why then would ALL THESE AGENCIES, POLITICIANS Freeh, the NCAA and our own POLITICALLY CONNECTED executive BOT work so hard to HIDE ANY REAL evidence. Remember 4 YEARS after this hiding continues!!

You would figure if it were true, they would do everything possible to prove "their story" was accurate. REMEMBER....only lies require deception and who can dispute that there has been much engineered deception from day ONE (example....the OAG "2002 shower rape" and the janitor fabrication).

After 4 years the only thing the law in PA has been used for is to HIDE THE TRUTH about its own political corruption and how everyone in the state's basic protection under PA law is a joke!!

BOTTOM LINE....If you want to see the REAL impact of these kinds of comments....new and REAL CRIMES are being committed TODAY because the Penn State Smoke screen has kept from the public where the real criminals are...and they are NOT with Paterno or Penn State Football.

TODAY ---- REAL KIDS ARE left to die because PA political and agency corruption has been covered by the KNOWN misinformation contained in "The Penn State Scandal".

CHECK CURRENT HEADLINES!!!! Keeping this kind of inexcusable propaganda in the public's mind is nothing more than another tool in which to continue murder!

I caught just a part of the discussion, but thought it centered on a comparison of Sandusky case and the freshman quarterback from FSU hitting the women. The poor and wrong comparison was that sports', namely football, culture allows athletes and coaches get away with illegal acts in both cases. I think the statement made was that the culture permits one to get away with illegal acts, Jamise Winston, and others will think they can get away with illegal acts. Scarborough then went to Sandusky's acts being covered-up at PSU.

Thank you BoT, Freese and NCAA.

And there was much rejoicing in the halls of the not.

Seriously, I'm more interested in the PR firms and what they were contracted to do and actually did at this point than Freeh's files.

I thought Karen Peetz said no one would remember & it would all be a distant memory by now.

Right, nothing even close. Well, other than the dead intern in his office

I was wrong ... I can admit that.

I honestly have never heard of that --- and I follow politics relatively closely while also watching Scarborough himself over the last 10 years.

Kind of odd nobody (even online evidence is scarce!) nobody has heard of Lori Klausutis while everybody has heard of Chandry Levy.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles

I honestly have never heard of that --- and I follow politics relatively closely while also watching Scarborough himself over the last 10 years.

Kind of odd nobody (even online evidence is scarce!) nobody has heard of Lori Klausutis while everybody has heard of Chandry Levy.

Look at the initials after the name (R/D). I know. I know. Everybody believes the liberal press myth. But you have just presented an example to the contrary.

I thought Karen Peetz said no one would remember & it would all be a distant memory by now.

She was partially right. The truth is a distant memory now.

A pox on all of their houses. With any luck, they will get inventively executed some day by the president of North Korea.

We must all come to terms with the fact that, thanks to our own Board of Trustees, the reputation and legacy of Joe Paterno will never be what it was, or should have been. The damage done by Peetz, Surma, Suhey, Joyner, Masser, Myers, Deviney, Riley, and their cronies, is so monumental, no amount of rehabilitation will undo their rush to judgment.

Just the facts: Scarborough got a divorce. Then he suddenly resigned from Congress, just six months after re-election. (Invoked old fallback excuse of wanting to “spend more time” with children.) Then he suddenly resigned as publisher of the Independent Florida Sun. Then, just as suddenly, Lori Klausutis, 28-year-old staffer to Scarborough, was found dead in Scarborough’s district office in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Date was July 20, 2001. Cause of death: Blow to the head. Conclusion: Heart condition caused her to collapse, fall, hit head on a desk, and die. Story barely a blip on the radar. Lots of people left with lots of questions.

So apparently within a few hours of the discovery, Joe’s press secretary went on local television and claimed she had many health problems that could have contributed to her death. From American Politics Journal…

There was a great deal of ambiguity over whether Lori had suffered past medical problems. Scarborough’s press secretary, Miguel Serrano, made mention of health problems in Lori’s past, but could not be more specific. In response, Fort Walton Beach Police Chief Steve Hogue is quoted as saying “That’s part of our investigation, checking into her medical history.” Associate Medical Examiner Dr. Michael Berkland said “She had a past medical history that was significant, but it remains to be seen whether that played a role in her death”. Soon after a member of the immediate family rejected out of hand that Lori had any significant medical problems. She was, in fact, quite an athlete, having recently run an 8K with a very respectable time and she belonged to the Northwest Florida Track Club.

They obviously shared that with the police who promptly started spreading the same lie. Her family denied it several times, including in a letter to the local paper. Why on earth would Joe and his press guy jump out in front of the media and lie about a previous medical condition? This was a healthy 28 year old woman who runs marathons, come on now, you generally don’t run marathons when you have a serious heart problem. Oh but there’s more…

As for Lori Klausutis, rumors began to swirl as time passed with no resolution to the case, rumors that included whispers of suicide, some emanating from inside the Beltway. Family members, angered at what they considered unfair and exploitive coverage wrote the editor of the Northwest Florida Daily News, Ralph Routon, saying “For those who knew Lori, the thought of suicide, as your published reports suggested, is absolutely unthinkable. Suicide was contrary to her faith and being. She did not suffer from seizures, nor did she have a history of medical problems.”

Now what seems even more odd to me is the fact that Scarborough and his people in Florida went to such extremes to wipe away the whole story, if it was simply a matter of someone fainting and hitting her head and dying, why go to such extremes to cover up any mention of the event or the girl who lost her life. It just gets more bizarre the further you look into it. Here are some questions that deserve to be answered by Joe Scarborough directly and honestly. From the American Politics Journal…

September 1, 2001 (APJP) — Over at The American Prospect’s message board thread concerning this very article, Phoenix Woman has asked a trolling Scarborough “defender” three pivotal questions. We’d love to know the answers ourselves:

1) If Lori’s death was just a simple accident, then why did Rep. Scarborough and his spokesman Miguel Serrano feel the need to go to two different local TV stations within three hours of her body’s being found and invent a nonexistent history of chronic medical conditions for
her — in other words, why did they feel the need to lie about Lori’s health?

2) Would you trust without question the word of a Medical Examiner who lost his ME license in two separate states (Missouri and Florida) because he LIED about his autopsy work (for instance, saying he had autopsied some brains when he hadn’t)?

3) Why should whoever wrote Ms. Klausutis’s obituary feel it was appropriate to mention nearly everything about her life — EXCEPT where she’d been working since 1999?

A recent check of the Young Republican’s web site found no mention of Lori or her contributions, nor any tribute to her memory nor comments about her passing. In fact, you will find no mention of her at all. If you go to The Pensacola News Journal’s online pages, one of the few papers that actually covered the story, and search the site for “Klausutis” you will come up empty, even though the same search will pull up numerous stories matching “Scarborough”. It seems as though someone wants to erase all traces of Lori Klausutis from the record and bury the story with her.

A little more background from the American Political Journal about Lori Klausutis…

According to her obituary in the Fort Walton Daily News, Lori had served as President and, later, Treasurer, for the Emerald Coast Young Republicans and as a aide to Congressman Scarborough, she was active during the Florida recounts.

If this was just a simple slip and hit head and die story, why would the Young Republicans and the local paper scrub any mention of her from their websites? You would think they would have a memorial for her. You would think they would honor her death but for some reason….nothing.

We must all come to terms with the fact that, thanks to our own Board of Trustees, the reputation and legacy of Joe Paterno will never be what it was, or should have been. The damage done by Peetz, Surma, Suhey, Joyner, Masser, Myers, Deviney, Riley, and their cronies, is so monumental, no amount of rehabilitation will undo their rush to judgment.

which is why we must publicly shame them at every opportunity

Look at the initials after the name (R/D). I know. I know. Everybody believes the liberal press myth. But you have just presented an example to the contrary.

"Liberal press" is an interesting one. There's a lot too it --- otherwise, why on Earth would the likes of Caitlyn Jenner be getting an ESPY award on ABC next Wednesday?

But, it's also true that Fox News is the highest rated news channel (by far) in America. And they certainly do push their own agenda.

This Scarborough story is definitely eyebrow-raising. As I said, very bizarre it's so under the radar, especially considering it happened nearly simultaneously with Chandra Levy. Google search Lori Klausutis and one cannot even find a photo of her?!?!?

Gary Condit was, of course, completely innocent of it all. One cannot even make a "moral guilt" argument as relates to Condit. But his political career is/was completely ruined.

"Liberal press" is an interesting one. There's a lot too it --- otherwise, why on Earth would the likes of Caitlyn Jenner be getting an ESPY award on ABC next Wednesday?

But, it's also true that Fox News is the highest rated news channel (by far) in America. And they certainly do push their own agenda.

This Scarborough story is definitely eyebrow-raising. As I said, very bizarre it's so under the radar, especially considering it happened nearly simultaneously with Chandra Levy. Google search Lori Klausutis and one cannot even find a photo of her?!?!?

Gary Condit was, of course, completely innocent of it all. One cannot even make a "moral guilt" argument as relates to Condit. But his political career is/was completely ruined.

For the most part, agree....but Condit was having an affair with Levy so he wasn't blameless either.

That's what you get for watching MSNBC....that is unless you want to knowingly be misinformed.

No, never have an affair a) while married and b) with an employee/subordinate.
None of that excuses what happened to him. Sorry.

But, anyway, this is about Scarboy. If you want to get all moral about things, concentrate on him. He is the one getting away with stuff.

None of that excuses what happened to him. Sorry.

Really? Because he also lied to the cops about it. If it was an average person, he'd have been charged. But having an affair, while being married, lying about it, screwing an employee, he 52 her 23.....and you don't think he should be a suspect and lose his political seat? That happens 100 times out of 100, and deservedly so IMHO.

Really? Because he also lied to the cops about it. If it was an average person, he'd have been charged. But having an affair, while being married, lying about it, screwing an employee, he 52 her 23.....and you don't think he should be a suspect and lose his political seat? That happens 100 times out of 100, and deservedly so IMHO.

I like the pivot in this discussion to Gary Condit. Well executed.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT