ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou 2015

stormnbc

Sep 4, 2011
Big Mizzou fan here and really do think they will be in contention...

Lets make things interesting and look @ their dream lineup for next year!

125- Barlow McGhee ('14 Starter)
133- Zach Synon (NQ)
141- Lavion Mayes (AA)/Jaydin Clayton
149- Grant Leeth
157- Daniel Lewis
165- Blaise Butler (NQ)
174- Michael Pixley (2nd NAIA as true frosh, Illini Commit but didn't pass clearinghouse)
184- Willie Miklus (AA)
197- J'Den Cox (NC/AA)
285- James Romero

Referring to the 141: Word on the street is that on his visit upcoming true frosh Clayton was beatin' up Mayes pretty bad..

Reactions: Terry57
Another good lineup for the Tigers - again probably a better dual lineup than a tournament one. If Mayes stays at 41 (a big if), he is a big threat - as far as Clayton beating him out for a spot, I'll believe that when I see it, lol. Rumors of goings on in the room tend to take on a life of their own and I've seen a few of Clayton's matches this year and really don't see that at all. Cox, of course, also. Miklus and Butler look to AA. Pixley, Lewis, Leeth and Clayton look good for the future, although I'm not sure any will AA this coming year. McGhee and Synon are solid.

I don't see them as contenders for winning it all next year, though.

Another good lineup for the Tigers - again probably a better dual lineup than a tournament one. If Mayes stays at 41 (a big if), he is a big threat - as far as Clayton beating him out for a spot, I'll believe that when I see it, lol. Rumors of goings on in the room tend to take on a life of their own and I've seen a few of Clayton's matches this year and really don't see that at all. Cox, of course, also. Miklus and Butler look to AA. Pixley, Lewis, Leeth and Clayton look good for the future, although I'm not sure any will AA this coming year. McGhee and Synon are solid.

I don't see them as contenders for winning it all next year, though.

thought mizzou had a real shot this year going in. were a major disappointment imho. not sure this group will fare any better.

I believe I read/heard somewhere that Clayton may go 133 for his true freshman year. The only other change I question in that lineup is Lewis successfully making 157 for the full year

If Pixley left NAIA, I don't think he is a "lock" for Mizzou..

Edit, apparently I may have missed something over the last few days. Crazy.

Last edited:
Pixley was a big 182 pounder in high school. Is 174 realistic? I thought he would grow into a college 197.

Yeah, there are a few dudes in that list that would be heavy cutters. Lavion told us during Natty Dual pressers how much he'd been cutting to get to 141 last year. Did that cut catch up to him in losses to Heil (SV 1-3) & Carter (8-10)? Don't know but fair to ask. I thought he was a shoe-in to bump into The Drakes 149 spot. I also didn't know that Blaise Butler was intending to drop to 165.

Unrelated, but I love your screen name.

Like the Lineup but they better invest in sweat gear, a sauna and spittoons...but then again I thought Cox would have went HWT last season. What do I know

I remember reading a quote from Butler that he preferred to wrestle 174 next year but would cut to 165 if the team needed him to.

Funny story about the screen name ... I have no recollection of creating it. I usually post on here as Cholley Vandine. I couldn't remember my password this morning. I entered my email addres to recover it. And they spit back this screen name, which I must have signed up for back in the day but never actually used. Cholley, we hardly knew ye.

Yeah, there are a few dudes in that list that would be heavy cutters. Lavion told us during Natty Dual pressers how much he'd been cutting to get to 141 last year. Did that cut catch up to him in losses to Heil (SV 1-3) & Carter (8-10)? Don't know but fair to ask. I thought he was a shoe-in to bump into The Drakes 149 spot. I also didn't know that Blaise Butler was intending to drop to 165.

Unrelated, but I love your screen name.

Reactions: jtothemfp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT